Meigs @ Alexander 1/27/2017

tvc_fan
Varsity

Meigs @ Alexander 1/27/2017

Post by tvc_fan »

The records never matter as you go into the Alley, Tough to come out with a Win there, and you better be ready to play physical, because the stripes will let you play, especially in the paint. And I have seen more carrying the ball turnovers there then I have any other place..in which I'm sure just depends on the crew.

My thoughts are, score early and often in the first half, you have to get a huge huge lead, because the 2nd half, when you are facing that student section it can be brutal and a game changer.

I will take Meigs in this one, because I don't think Alexander will shoot 70% again. and they Have only averaged 48 points a game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Meigs @ Alexander 1/27/2017

Post by Orange and Brown »

tvc_fan wrote:The records never matter as you go into the Alley, Tough to come out with a Win there, and you better be ready to play physical, because the stripes will let you play, especially in the paint. And I have seen more carrying the ball turnovers there then I have any other place..in which I'm sure just depends on the crew.

My thoughts are, score early and often in the first half, you have to get a huge huge lead, because the 2nd half, when you are facing that student section it can be brutal and a game changer.

I will take Meigs in this one, because I don't think Alexander will shoot 70% again. and they Have only averaged 48 points a game.
Alex uses an assigner so your passive aggressive attempt at setting up a chance to say you got homered if you lose falls on deaf ears.
Maybe Meigs should get on board and use an assigner like the rest of the TVC-OHIO......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Orange and Brown wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:The records never matter as you go into the Alley, Tough to come out with a Win there, and you better be ready to play physical, because the stripes will let you play, especially in the paint. And I have seen more carrying the ball turnovers there then I have any other place..in which I'm sure just depends on the crew.

Alex uses an assigner so your passive aggressive attempt at setting up a chance to say you got homered if you lose falls on deaf ears.
Maybe Meigs should get on board and use an assigner like the rest of the TVC-OHIO......
Excuse me, I said they let you play, I am not in any way stating they call it for the Home team. Read before You speak...I'm saying it's tough to come out with a Win, because that place is rowdy and a tough student section.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Orange and Brown, Why don't you be a role model Moderator and say your thoughts on the game instead of trying to analyze my thoughts, when you are way off.

And last time I checked a parent/fan cant make Meigs get an assigner, Why don't you recommend that to the AD instead of someone on a message board...lol

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

tvc_fan wrote:Orange and Brown, Why don't you be a role model Moderator and say your thoughts on the game instead of trying to analyze my thoughts, when you are way off.

And last time I checked a parent/fan cant make Meigs get an assigner, Why don't you recommend that to the AD instead of someone on a message board...lol
+1

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

I am betting our bigs do not get in foul trouble like they did down at Meigs. That will allow us to play the game we like to play.

We are shooting the ball much better right now, so I think we will hit better than 12% from three point range this time.

TVC_Fan is correct, playing at Alexander is tough for most TVC teams. Most TVC courts are only about 84 feet. Alexander is the full 92 foot court. That extra few steps start to mount up as the game goes on. I do agree the open end causes issues for teams. They do not get to warm up on that side, so they get very limited shots with that view. I have seen over the years that since they open that end, it makes a difference for teams playing at the Alley.

I am looking for a good game, and look for Alexander to win this game by 15+.

Go Alex.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

spartans_fan wrote:I am betting our bigs do not get in foul trouble like they did down at Meigs. That will allow us to play the game we like to play.

We are shooting the ball much better right now, so I think we will hit better than 12% from three point range this time.

TVC_Fan is correct, playing at Alexander is tough for most TVC teams. Most TVC courts are only about 84 feet. Alexander is the full 92 foot court. That extra few steps start to mount up as the game goes on. I do agree the open end causes issues for teams. They do not get to warm up on that side, so they get very limited shots with that view. I have seen over the years that since they open that end, it makes a difference for teams playing at the Alley.

Go Alex.
I didn't know Alexander plays at the convo

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

spartans_fan wrote:I am betting our bigs do not get in foul trouble like they did down at Meigs. That will allow us to play the game we like to play.

Go Alex.
Lets not forget Meigs was 0-4 going into the game with you all and had still yet to find it's Identity and was still without our starting PG. And our Leading scorer was just averaging 8 ppg, going into that game and only scored 13 that game to lead Meigs in scoring. Since that game he has average 17 ppg. Widely because we got our PG back and opens it up more for our shooters.

We are not the same team that you played in week 5.

bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

Raider6309 wrote:

Go Alex.
I didn't know Alexander plays at the convo
Hey....you make one mistake during an introduction and then............. :oops:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Friday's game can be heard live on Power 105 or streamed online at wxtq.com

AllTvc
Waterboy

Post by AllTvc »

Who was Meigs pg the first time these two teams met?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Meigs wins 64-52
Last edited by Ed Ott on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

AllTvc wrote:Who was Meigs pg the first time these two teams met?
It was the Freshman

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Post by SkiPopLover »

very excited to see who wins this game. Gonna be a good one! Good luck to both teams! Hoping for an injury free game.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Meigs 61
Alex 50

Final

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

very disappointing with the way Alexander came out to start this game. That is two games in a row after beating Vinton County that we have not played well. We found a way to beat Wellston, but just too big of a hole to start a game.

Meigs was improved from what we saw a month ago.

Go Alex.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Ed Ott wrote:Meigs wins 64-52
I'm new but on top of things! Ha

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

It became closer then we thought in the 4th period because of way too many turnovers. It's hard to battle back after getting down so far. I noticed the stands cleared big time like in the 3rd period. Kinda surprised me.

Felt good to be able to go into the Ally and come out with a win though.

Go Meigs

Return to “Boys Basketball”