State tourney

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: State tourney

Post by Hoopie74 »

The comments above are the reasons I posted this. I want to give props to any school that can make it far enough thru the one a day done with kids who played together their entire school careers. It's amazing that some schools can even make it to the regional finals where they eventually have to play a private school. I hope some of the truly small schools from southeastern Ohio can shock the world and win at the state tourney in my lifetime.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth's 1988 27-1 D2 state champions were all Portsmouth kids, as were the 1978 Class AA 19-7 state champions, and the 1961 Class AA (big school) 22-3 state champions. Most likely the 1931 Class AA state champions were all Portsmouth kids too.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

trojandave wrote:Portsmouth's 1988 27-1 D2 state champions were all Portsmouth kids, as were the 1978 Class AA 19-7 state champions, and the 1961 Class AA (big school) 22-3 state champions. Most likely the 1931 Class AA state champions were all Portsmouth kids too.
It's just so hard to get there. Like I said props to all.We have made it to the regional finals with home grown talent a few times,but ; our girls were the only ones to get to state final for Peebles. I hope it could happen again but it seems to be a pipe dream for small rural schools. Don't know that we ever get any transfers here. There's not much interest in people moving to our quiet one horse town.lol. I wouldn't want to live anywhere but here though.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

Raider6309 wrote:
warrior90 wrote:Warren in 2013. Pretty sure all of those kids played from junior high on up through high school together.
Didn't hall come from belpre

Raider you are right. He was in the Belpre program in junior high, I forgot. I can remember him playing the second half of the year his freshman year on jv but not the first part of the year now that you mention it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”