TEAM comes first

minford17
Varsity

TEAM comes first

Post by minford17 »

Let me start by saying that I am not a Duke basketball fan, however I saw something last night that a lot of our young people should follow some of their players' example.

Duke was losing by 10 to Miami coming out of halftime. They started the 2nd half with two of their best players, Grayson Allen and Luke Kennard, on the bench. I know Grayson has received a lot of negative publicity lately, and he definitely deserves it. However, his actions may be the start of improving his reputation. Duke began the 2nd half on a 20-0 run to go from 10 down to 10 up. Miami burned 2 timeouts to try to stop Duke's momentum, and the first two to greet their teammates with high fives and chest bumps were Grayson Allen and Luke Kennard.

In today's world, their would be many players who would pout, gripe, and complain about not being on the floor. These two players definitely showed the example to follow. Our high schoolers should look at their example and see that TEAM should always come first over individual accolades.

I know of several players I have heard from several schools that have a me first attitude and that is a shame. Players who take this type of attitude will make nothing but enemies instead of lifelong friendships that comes with a close tight TEAM.

Remember- > TEAM always comes first!

bbn77
All Conference

Re: TEAM comes first

Post by bbn77 »

And without Coach K. Great move by Jeff Capel who has some experience himself. Maybe this game will turn the corner for Duke

ROLL PEAKE
peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The me attitude comes from a lot of parents who give it to them all the way back in buddy league and elementary school. It's listen to me not the coach..

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Good post . The team 1st is a reflection of a good team. Teams never realize their true potential unless all have that attitude . Sometimes that extra pass not only might get you a better shot but it builds trust and unity . Good coaches will snuff out anything less. Good luck to all the TEAMS!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have to say that is part of reason I have enjoyed watching Gallia academy basketball this year. I am not going to say every player has been happy about coming out of game but when they have came out they are routing on there teammates hard..

I give most of that credit to the 2 seniors Armstrong who basically never plays and miles cornwell.. who saw more playing time as a sophomore and junior then he has seen this year.. But he has been the biggest cheerleader this year.

And after the attitudes of last few years it has been a nice surprise

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

One thing I like about Fairland's team. 4 different kids have led the team in scoring this season. Maybe 5 not sure if their 6 man did one game or not. He was close.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Firebreather wrote:One thing I like about Fairland's team. 4 different kids have led the team in scoring this season. Maybe 5 not sure if their 6 man did one game or not. He was close.
Cunningham was the leading scorer against Athens if that's who you're thinking of.

ROLL PEAKE
Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Yep

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Please! Don't come on here and give props to a kid who for the 2 years I've watched him stunk up the floor...He's a dirty player with a bad attitude who knows every Camera in the arena is monitoring him....His dirty play didn't just start the day he arrived at Duke....He was enabled as a kid and let get by with this behavior by his Coaches, parents, and todays politically correct society where people are afraid to call him what he is.....I'm not.....He gets no free pass from me...I DONALD TRUMP would fire this young man.......

I'M DONALD TRUMP AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE

Return to “Boys Basketball”