1/27 Athens @ Vinton County

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: 1/27 Athens @ Vinton County

Post by 93Bulldog »

Well, I don't have the luxury of knowing what goes on behind the scenes. And the only stats I keep are points, rebounds and turnovers - so I can't really dissect statistics either. I can only go on what I see on the court night in and night out.

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Post by SkiPopLover »

I've only been able to watch Athens twice this year (both games against VC) & their biggest issue is their 3 point shooting. They rebound well & get a decent amount of offensive rebounds, but lack 3 point shooting. In the two games I've watched, I haven't seen a consistent 3 point shooter. If Lutz had that like Bartoe does, he'd have more room to drive into the paint & do Griffin Lutz things.

Tough to matchup against VC no matter who you are. Jones & Yates (who are the 2nd & 3rd best players on our team) would be the star at 90%+ of the schools in this area. So it's hard to judge Athens on the defensive end for me due to only watching them play VC.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

VisionQuest wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:93, was the game as bad a beat down as you made it sound last night, just caught the end of the 3rd and the 4th.
It was 85-52. That's a 33-point win. Not sure I made it sound like anything except what it was.

The frustrating part for Athens fans is - for a quarter and a half, they looked and played as well as VC. Even led after the first frame. But the game ended up being a microcosm of the entire season: look great one minute, bad the next. Athens was terrific versus Fairland, put four good quarters together and should have won the game in regulation. Three days later they play their worst game and lose to New Lex. Played a pretty good first half versus Warren, ended up losing by 20. I really thought Athens had the depth, the talent and the player (Griff) to contend with VC for a league title. Two games versus the Vikings ... 163-111 in favor of VC.

I just don't get it. I have no answer.
The answers are there if you look hard enough. Look at Statistics/Numbers and the Current Roster and You will have your answer 93Budog-And that is all I will say at this Point. You see the players on the court-but there is so
Much more-It is a Microcosm of Dynamics-The Direct results of things that happen behind the Scenes....

Isn't that coaching? Directing the ship, managing the players, setting rules and holding people accountable

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

So Visionquest, I must ask, (got a PM, telling me that all the parents but one signed a petition), were you one of the many who signed a petition to make this hire happen???? If so, you having buyers remorse?? And if there was never a petition, I will gladly retract my post and name the person who sent this to me. But this is a well verified and long time poster.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Millennials millenials millenials millenials

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Anyone have a box score?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Chieftain Fan wrote:Anyone have a box score?
Vinton County 85, Athens 52

Athens 16 9 12 15 — 52

Vinton County 14 23 28 20 — 85

ATHENS 52 (8-6, 5-2 TVC-Ohio)

Griffin Lutz 6 0-0 12, Robert Dickelman 5 2-2 12, Dalton Cozart 2 0-0 5, Logan Maxfield 0 0-0 0, Justin Hynes 3 6-6 12, Eli Chubb 0 0-0 0, Brody Ball 4 0-0 9, Treyce Albin 1 0-0 2, Micah Saltzman 0 0-0 0, Austin Koska 0 0-0 0; TOTALS 21 8-8 52; 3-point field goals: 2 (Cozart, Ball 1 apiece)

VINTON COUNTY 85 (14-1, 7-1 TVC-Ohio)

Jake Speakman 6 0-0 12, Derick Jones 1 0-0 2, Tristan Bartoe 11 11-13 37, Eli Griffith 2 0-0 4, Naylan Yates 11 0-0 25, Bryce Damron 1 0-0 2, Nevan Yates 1 0-0 3, Cameron Hamon 0 0-0 0, Caleb Montgomery 0 0-0 0, Shawn McCarty 0 0-0 0, Kurtis Vickers 0 0-0 0, Seth Bledsoe 0 0-0 0; TOTALS 33 11-13 85; 3-point field goals: 8 (Bartoe 4, Naylan Yates 3, Nevan Yates 1)

TEAM STATISTICS/INDIVIDUAL LEADERS

Field goals — Athens 21-56 (.375), 3-point field goals 2-16 (.125); Vinton County 33-55 (.600), 3-point field goals 8-15 (.533); Free throws — Athens 8-8 (1.000), Vinton County 11-13 (.846); Rebounds — Athens 31 (Lutz 7), Vinton County 27 (Damron, Bartoe 4 apiece); Assists — Athens 8 (Lutz 4); Vinton County 13 (Speakman, Jones, Bartoe 4 apiece); Blocks — Athens 1, Vinton County 4; Turnovers — Athens 19, Vinton County 10; Steals — Athens 4 (Dickelman 3), Vinton County 7 (Speakman, Jones 2 apiece); Team fouls — Athens 16, Vinton County 11; JV game — Vinton County 43, Athens 40

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Thanks Raider VC is so tough at home . Good luck at Meigs . Meigs really been coming on lately . Should be a really good game .

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

thebarlowbandit wrote:So Visionquest, I must ask, (got a PM, telling me that all the parents but one signed a petition), were you one of the many who signed a petition to make this hire happen???? If so, you having buyers remorse?? And if there was never a petition, I will gladly retract my post and name the person who sent this to me. But this is a well verified and long time poster.
Hmmmmmmmm.... What an interesting turn of events. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

VisionQuest wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:93, was the game as bad a beat down as you made it sound last night, just caught the end of the 3rd and the 4th.
It was 85-52. That's a 33-point win. Not sure I made it sound like anything except what it was.

The frustrating part for Athens fans is - for a quarter and a half, they looked and played as well as VC. Even led after the first frame. But the game ended up being a microcosm of the entire season: look great one minute, bad the next. Athens was terrific versus Fairland, put four good quarters together and should have won the game in regulation. Three days later they play their worst game and lose to New Lex. Played a pretty good first half versus Warren, ended up losing by 20. I really thought Athens had the depth, the talent and the player (Griff) to contend with VC for a league title. Two games versus the Vikings ... 163-111 in favor of VC.

I just don't get it. I have no answer.
The answers are there if you look hard enough. Look at Statistics/Numbers and the Current Roster and You will have your answer 93Budog-And that is all I will say at this Point. You see the players on the court-but there is so
Much more-It is a Microcosm of Dynamics-The Direct results of things that happen behind the Scenes....
Does five come to mind? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

here is a great Sesame Street Song About the number 5
https://youtu.be/q7Ghyg8ZOyM

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

sportsmom20 wrote::roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I see I hit a nerve here. So maybe you can explain to Raider what it signifies since ole Quest has gone into hiding. :mrgreen:

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Ground Buck wrote:

I see I hit a nerve here. So maybe you can explain to Raider what it signifies since ole Quest has gone into hiding. :mrgreen:
I'm calling your bluff, I don't think 5 has anything to do with anything.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

tvc_fan wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:

Nice try. It's eating at you isn't it. :mrgreen:

Just ask Quest. He explained it a few days ago, and now Mom is on board. :mrgreen:

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Ground Buck wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:

Just ask Quest. He explained it a few days ago, and now Mom is on board. :mrgreen:
From the post I seen it had nothing to do with FIVE, he was talking about the stats and numbers and behind the scenes, Only thing I got from that message was that his son was possibly having good stats and not much playing time....Don't see where FIVE comes in play.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

tvc_fan wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:

From the post I seen it had nothing to do with FIVE, he was talking about the stats and numbers and behind the scenes, Only thing I got from that message was that his son was possibly having good stats and not much playing time....Don't see where FIVE comes in play.
It's in your message now too. You need to see the trees within the forest. :mrgreen:

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

Nope. Not a nerve, thought since people were posting veague nonsense I would too. Trust me Ground Buck if you hit a nerve with me you will know.

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Can anyone translate York?

Return to “Boys Basketball”