1/27 Athens @ Vinton County

mattash
Site Admin

1/27 Athens @ Vinton County

Post by mattash »

This is a big one. Hopefully online streaming of the game will be available.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: 1/27 Athens @ Vinton County

Post by 93Bulldog »

On 970wath.com

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote:On 970wath.com

You and me Dog??! We can get in a fight live on air :)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:On 970wath.com

You and me Dog??! We can get in a fight live on air :)
HA! We'll get you on. Halftime would be cool.

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Post by SkiPopLover »

It was an awesome game last year when Athens upset VC @ VC. A lot of kids stepped up for Athens when they needed it. I expect the same kind of game this Friday, but a different team coming out on top.

The big matchup for this game is Tristan Bartoe vs Griffin Lutz. Tristan just happens to have the best supporting cast in SE Ohio.

My prediction is VC by 8. Gonna be a tough one. VCs only loss is on a buzzer beater to a team that shot 66% (I believe) from the field.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

As a player, Lutz has won 3 in a row at The Valhalla.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Wow. This thread was started by "The" mattash. The third most popular guy on preps, just behind pFloyd, myself, and before noreply. Hey mattash, why don't you make your way up 93 and see the Vikings in person. I will introduce you to Ty Webb and Dundas, and buy you some popcorn. We will give you the royal treatment, Viking style! :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Wow. This thread was started by "The" mattash. The third most popular guy on preps, just behind pFloyd, myself, and before noreply:
Thats like Trump saying he was the 2nd most popular person at the women's march on saturday.

;)

VCPops
Freshman Team

Post by VCPops »

93Bulldog wrote:
hawkeyepierce wrote:Wow. This thread was started by "The" mattash. The third most popular guy on preps, just behind pFloyd, myself, and before noreply:
Thats like Trump saying he was the 2nd most popular person at the women's march on saturday.

;)
Are you saying Hawkeye deals in Alternative Facts???

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VCPops wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:

;)
Are you saying Hawkeye deals in Alternative Facts???
HA!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

This should be a very good game but who knows? VC lost last week to ALEX ---ouch and Athens lost at the Warrior Dome as expected. Bartoe vs Lutz.
Lutz is a really good player . Great Scorer , quick and makes his team better. Has a nice mid range jumper and can he get up . Athen is Lutz but they have a couple nice players that help support their game . Bartoe is also quick but I believe more predictable . He has a spin move that either sets himself up for for a pull up or drive to the bucket , he can and will hit the 3 ball ,but his best contribution is that he draws the double team and then dishes to Yates in the corner( Mr Automatic) for the 3 ball. Without Yates this would be toss up but VC has Yates and this will be the difference . Do not get me wrong Athens is a very good team but has not proven they can beat a very good team , at least so far . That could change Friday .Enjoy the Game because I will say it will be rocking at the VC Gym for sure.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

VC by 20. I don't think athens can guard them and I don't really think they can score on them either.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Will Athens be at full strength? I noticed what some said was one of their players did not dress at Warren, injury or something.

Rooting for the Bullpuppies to help the Big Blue Nation out in the seeding by knocking off Vinton and hopefully moving us up a slot ;-)

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

VC has to much for Athens IMO. They will not be caught off guard this year at McArthur . Look for a competitive game but there will be to much energy in the gym for an upset. Vikings by 10 at least . But what do I know.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Will Athens be at full strength? I noticed what some said was one of their players did not dress at Warren, injury or something.

Rooting for the Bullpuppies to help the Big Blue Nation out in the seeding by knocking off Vinton and hopefully moving us up a slot ;-)
Seeing as Athens has been at full strength for ONE game this year (Fairland) - I doubt they will be Friday. Just been the norm all year. Ugh.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

The Athens Zone will not hurt VC. Lutz will get his, but the other players for Athens will have to step up in a big way. I am guessing Vinton County by 15+.

Go TVC.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens will need to play almost perfect to win. VC has a lot of offensive weapons

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

VC Broadcast will be on 98.7 WYRO, streaming will be available. Click this link for streaming http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/broadcasts

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

I would love to see this game, but the Alley will be rocking tonight with Meigs coming to town.

Hope everyone stays healthy and a great game is played in McCarther.

Go TVC.

SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Post by SkiPopLover »

At halftime, VC leads 37-25 after Naylan Yates drills a 3 before the buzzer. He came to play tonight.

Return to “Boys Basketball”