SOC2 Game of the day

Thoughts? Both teams enter 6-2 in conference play

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: 1/24 Wheelersburg @ South Webster

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg needs to pound the ball inside. They got up to decent 1st qtr lead the first time and then went completely away from what was working.

I look for Coleman to have his third consecutive big game.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Burg needs to pound the ball inside. They got up to decent 1st qtr lead the first time and then went completely away from what was working.

I look for Coleman to have his third consecutive big game.
oak hill couldn't handle him either

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I look for this one to be another hard fought game just like the first meeting. I think the burg gets redemption in this one and take sole possession of 2nd place in the soc

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

It will be a battle, for sure. No matter the outcome, it looks incredibly unlikely anyone is catching Oak Hill in the league..

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

bbjunky81 wrote:It will be a battle, for sure. No matter the outcome, it looks incredibly unlikely anyone is catching Oak Hill in the league..
That's for darn sure. I look for oak hill to make a deep tourney run

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Gluefactory
Waterboy

Post by Gluefactory »

Greetings BB aficionados, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing SW play would someone please give me a little scouting report on them. I enjoy going to area games with no particular favorite team so always looking for the best game to see, thank you fellow sports fans.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Gluefactory wrote:Greetings BB aficionados, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing SW play would someone please give me a little scouting report on them. I enjoy going to area games with no particular favorite team so always looking for the best game to see, thank you fellow sports fans.
They have 3 senior guards (Shonkwiler, Zimmerman, A Blevins) who all start and are very solid -- 2 of them have started 4 years.. after those 3 the Jeeps are young (no Juniors in the program, never has been any athletes in that class all throughout high school)

The next starter is 6'5" sophomore Shiloah Blevins who has had a very good year. After that they're balanced out with a couple freshman and a couple sophomores who have bought in and are solid/disciplined for as young as there.

That's the quick report but gives you the basics! It will be a great game on Tuesday night

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Looking forward to this one. Will be interesting to see how Burg adjusts from the first game. Webster's depth an obvious issue so a slowed-down pace is preferable for the Jeeps. Gotta think this game is basically for 2nd place in SOC II (ain't nobody catching Oak Hill).*

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

art_vandelay wrote:Looking forward to this one. Will be interesting to see how Burg adjusts from the first game. Webster's depth an obvious issue so a slowed-down pace is preferable for the Jeeps. Gotta think this game is basically for 2nd place in SOC II (ain't nobody catching Oak Hill).*
that's for sure. the only team i think can beat oak hill is the burg on the 31st. lookin at each soc game burg is the only one who has played them close losin by 7. i don't see anyone else beatin them though

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

What is Wheelersburg overall record

Tigerfan92
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan92 »

Look for Burg to gain some steam to end the year. This game will prove if my thinking is correct. A lot of good young players in this game.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Anxious to see how this game ends up tonight. If South Webster can control the glass and limit Wheelersburg's opportunities, they can win. If they don't, if they allow Burg to constantly hit the boards - I see Burg winning by 10+.

samiam
Waterboy

Post by samiam »

39-32 Wheelersburg at half..

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Saw a final of 68-55.

Great win on the road Burg. Playing good ball heading down the stretch towards tourney time.

Burg has the potential to be a dangerous team to play come tourney time

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Every team on the schedule has zoned Burg this year and coaches feared the game where they hit from the outside. Well it came! If my math is correct the Burg scored 32 points in the second quarter. Wow! I think 7 3's total in that quarter alone. When they shoot like that with the Coleman kid inside and Holden running the point, they're as good as any team around.

Not a bad loss for the Jeeps, they played hard but couldn't get rolling in the second half. Big game coming Friday!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote:Every team on the schedule has zoned Burg this year and coaches feared the game where they hit from the outside. Well it came! If my math is correct the Burg scored 32 points in the second quarter. Wow! I think 7 3's total in that quarter alone. When they shoot like that with the Coleman kid inside and Holden running the point, they're as good as any team around.

Not a bad loss for the Jeeps, they played hard but couldn't get rolling in the second half. Big game coming Friday!
That is false. Jackson played man to man.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Every team on the schedule has zoned Burg this year and coaches feared the game where they hit from the outside. Well it came! If my math is correct the Burg scored 32 points in the second quarter. Wow! I think 7 3's total in that quarter alone. When they shoot like that with the Coleman kid inside and Holden running the point, they're as good as any team around.

Wah wah wah, how about this.

*MAJORITY of teams have zoned Jackson.

Now fact check that! :P

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

Not sure that is correct either....close to 50/50 I'd say

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

Not sure that is correct either....close to 50/50 I'd say
Not really sure why I'm even going into this, but you're wrong.

South Webster has zoned twice
Valley twice
Northwest zoned
Minford zoned
Ironton zoned whole game
South Point was a combination of zone and man
Not sure on Waverly, haven't heard
West Union zoned
West zoned

Oak Hill and Jackson are literally the only 2 I can think of that manned Wheelersburg

Return to “Boys Basketball”