Norm Persin

peake71
All Conference

Norm Persin

Post by peake71 »

Norm according to WSAZ TV got his 700th victory as a coach. Congratulations to Norm.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Norm Persin

Post by pfloyd »

700 wins ! Congratulations to Coach Norm Persin ... I was a fan from the time I watched my first Chesapeake game at the Wellston sponsored hoops event held in Columbus ... I sat down and saw the ball rebounded, a pass to the sideline, a second pass continued down the right sideline, a crisp pass to the top of the key, then to a streaking Purple & White Panther at the rim for 2 - the ball never touched the ground once ! I was hooked on Norm basketball - fundamentals at both ends of the court, crisp passing, bounce passes, setting REAL picks, finding/getting REAL rebounding position , no hands/move your feet/beat your opponent up with your body defense ... Norm's "system" worked then at Chesapeake and it works now that he has taken his "show" to Oak Hill ... 700 wins ... Congratulations Coach Persin simply one of the best ever ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Congrats to him! That's a big accomplishment.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Kudos to Norm..............

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Congrats Coach Persin, what a great accomplishment.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

congrats to stormin normin on a great accomplishment

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Still the BEST coach we have in SEO.......congrats buddy!!!

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

That's awesome even Jay Bilas giving recognition! Big congrats to Norm who is now at 701 after beating Coal Grove the other night. So appreciative of how he coached Chesapeake for 21 years (exactly 400 wins). He turned good basketball players into great men.

ROLL PEAKE
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Norm has 700 wins against Northwest, Wow. :shock: Northwest may want to consider not playing him anymore.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Looks like Homers boss at the Nuke plant. Mr Burns...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Best coach from southern ohio. I still can't believe oak Hill won state. OH couldn't throw it in the ocean. Norm slowed that game down and Jordan Boardman hit some big time shots at the end.

When I think of basketball 30 at the convo it's norm and Chesapeake

Also he's a Warren G. Harding graduate 8-)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Very exciting to see him make the exclusive 700 club. No matter the talent level of his teams, it was guaranteed that 'Stormin Norman' was going to have them prepared to play.

Congrats, Norm!
TVC wrote:Looks like Homers boss at the Nuke plant. Mr Burns...
I never thought of that until now; I blame the 'stache! Thankfully, though, Norm is a tremendous person - much unlike Mr Burns.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Ryan Borden hit the both game-tying threes in the state championship. Oak Hill in the state final was 7-15 from three. However, they only shot 38 percent until the third, then started shooting better. That's the only game that I have seen where neither team deserved to lose. Still the best game I have ever seen in person. Something very crazy about that season was Janie Hatfield sadly passed away before the season. She wore 41. In the girl's state championship game, Oak Hill's last lead was at 41-40. In the boy's game, Ryan Borden's last three was his 41st of the year. He wore 21. The Kalida player gurging him wore 20. 20 plus 21 equals 41. When Oak Hill took the lead for good, they were up 41-40. They were meant to win.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Ryan Borden hit the both game-tying threes in the state championship. Oak Hill in the state final was 7-15 from three. However, they only shot 38 percent until the third, then started shooting better. That's the only game that I have seen where neither team deserved to lose. Still the best game I have ever seen in person. Something very crazy about that season was Janie Hatfield sadly passed away before the season. She wore 41. In the girl's state championship game, Oak Hill's last lead was at 41-40. In the boy's game, Ryan Borden's last three was his 41st of the year. He wore 21. The Kalida player gurging him wore 20. 20 plus 21 equals 41. When Oak Hill took the lead for good, they were up 41-40. They were meant to win.
I forgot his name but he shot pretty bad early but then made some huge clutch shots

Can't remember all the schools but Casey Love was from Gallia, Hale was from Vinton County, and Borden was from Jackson. I think Love left the team during the season

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Coach Persin is the type of coach that can win anywhere, and there's not too many coaches that could do that. Look at Oak Hill before he took over there; the Oaks program was in bad shape, and it wasn't long before he won Jackson County's first state basketball title. Since that state title in 2009, OH has continued to win on a consistent level, and in 2013 was regional runnerup to Ironton. This year the Oaks look like a strong contender for a regional berth.

Congratulations to Coach Persin!!

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Hale was not from Vinton Co. JD Hale was raised and went to Oak Hill from the time he was in kindergarten. Borden and Kyle Ondera transferred from Jackson. Love wasn't on that team but his family moved to Oak Hill and still lives there. Jesse Slone and Westen Hale are both from Oak Hill.

Return to “Boys Basketball”