Eastern Pike vs. Porstmouth Clay 1-20

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Eastern Pike vs. Porstmouth Clay 1-20

Post by EagleNut14 »

Big SOC 1 match at Clay Friday night! I feel like if the Eagles can go down there and take care of business they will be in the driver's seat for the league title. Im looking for a alot closer game this go around.

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Re: Eastern Pike vs. Porstmouth Clay 1-20

Post by IWatchFromTheStands »

I agree with you 100 percent, this time it should be a closer game. Eastern plays good defense and Clay has good offense; so we will see which prevails. If the eagles win this game then they have a nice lead in league play, but if Clay wins then we have a nice race for the SOC title. Gonna be an exciting game that I am gonna go see tomorrow night.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

This should be a very good game. I look for it to be much closer this go around. Defense will be the key to an Eagle win. They also need to stay out of foul trouble. I will take the Eagles 49-47.

Spectator555
Waterboy

Post by Spectator555 »

Going to be a very exciting game, last time around Clay was at a handicap having players hurt, coming off injuries, etc. Eagles defense and if they can commit turnovers will be a huge factor in this game, if clay can sit down and play D and hit their shots then I'm expecting Clay to come up on top in this one. 59-50

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Fundamentals will win a game like this. I have clay winning 54-50 with some late game free throws. We will see who wants this game more tomorrow night because that will determine the winner.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Clay still trying to get to full strength. I think the panthers will give a better showing this time around. Hope for a good game and both teams walk away healthy.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Always a great match up. 53 years ago this likely would have been for the Tri County League championship.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

This was not the game I was expecting tonight. Congrats to Clay on the win. They hit the lights out shooting the first half. Eastern couldn't get it together tonight. Defense wasn't as good as it had been and their decision making at times was poor. Time to regroup before they face Lynchburg tomorrow.

Go2thebasket
Waterboy

Post by Go2thebasket »

Wasn't at the game. Did Hinze make that much a difference?

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Hinze made a difference, but not as much as the score would say. It was more of Clay's offense was explosive the first half. King got several threes and a lot of assists, Gilliland got a lot of rebounds and hit several threes, Riffe was also able to hit some threes while Hinze more played inside tonight. Great game by Clay tonight, interested to see how the rest of this season goes.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

The difference in this game was clay was on fire in the first half, at one point in the second quarter clay had hit 8 3's and eastern had 9 total points , credit to clay , hard to beat a team when they are that hot, I don't think eastern defense was all that bad , it was more a credit to clays offense , clay only scored 45 points , 30 of them on 3's
Good news for eastern is, its only 1 game , we are still the SOC leaders , regroup, and be ready to play a tough Lynchburg clay team tomorrow .

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Nice to see Clay continue on their run. Impressive showing against Eastern Pike.Thought Clay man to man defense was good tonight. Clay still trying to get 2 starters going. Makes things interesting in league and tournament. Clay now 12-2.

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

Eastern looked lost in every aspect of game worst eastern game I've ever seen

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Hats off to Clay they shot lights out in the first half! Eastern on the other hand just couldn't get nothing going at all. I hope they take this loss personal and come out with some fire tonight (something I didn't see in them last night). Or its going to be another long night. Also it would be nice to see them switch up the defense every now and then. I know coach Barrick prides his team for playing tough man to man defense (which they do) but I think sometimes it would be nice to mix it up a little especially when a team comes out red hot!

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

I don't think defense is the problem. The offense struggled and several eagle fans on here have made it a point of discussion. Defense wins championships ,every now and then good offense /shooters rise up.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

This game was over early. Clay came out on offense and basically punched Eastern in the mouth and the Eagles couldn't overcome it. Clay was moving the ball well on offense which gave them a lot of good looks at the basket and they hit them. Eastern couldn't get the shots to fall and it made for a rough night. Both teams played well defensively, offensively, Clay had a better night. Eastern had a couple stretches of 4-5 minutes where they didn't score. Starting the 2nd quarter and the 3rd quarter. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Keep in mind that last nights win Improved clay's senior class record vs Eastern to 2-7, and their first win vs Barrick at Eastern , 0-3 before last night , so maybe the comment should b that hot shooters only rise up every now and then.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Better to have some hot shooters than no shooters. Where did that senior class record come from. Looks like a haymaker punch. Don't try to downplay like last night meant nothing.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Gold and Blue wrote:Better to have some hot shooters than no shooters. Where did that senior class record come from. Looks like a haymaker punch. Don't try to downplay like last night meant nothing.
That's the Senior class record against Eastern. Last night meant 1 loss that's what it was, now Clay needs help from other teams in the league or it means very little just 1 game. Clay does have better shooters but the Eagles have kids that need to look to score more and won't and it's hurting our offense.

GO EAGLES
Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

brown22 wrote:
Gold and Blue wrote:Better to have some hot shooters than no shooters. Where did that senior class record come from. Looks like a haymaker punch. Don't try to downplay like last night meant nothing.
That's the Senior class record against Eastern. Last night meant 1 loss that's what it was, now Clay needs help from other teams in the league or it means very little just 1 game. Clay does have better shooters but the Eagles have kids that need to look to score more and won't and it's hurting our offense.
Agree probably little harsh EPN on my part . The senior record would be a discussion if same kids. Our same junior high starting 5 play. Your team different with county help. Not sure why it was brought up . I do agree the Eastern players especially the scorers look tentative. Coach quick pull with some shots? Saw oldest Leist make move and attempted shot and pulled from game. Maybe scheduled rest but looked like removal for offensive move. Just curious your opinion and I believe you have more than an opinion.

Return to “Boys Basketball”