Getting "OFF TOPIC"

VisionQuest
All State

Getting "OFF TOPIC"

Post by VisionQuest »

Nearly every post I have read on here gets "off topic"....So I said to myself-"Self, let's start a thread called "getting off topic"....I'm really curious to see if a thread about "getting off topic"-Get's Off Topic....READY SET GO!!!!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Re: Getting "OFF TOPIC"

Post by tvc_fan »

I really hate to say it, but most topics end up being about Athens or Vinton County...lol

Maybe start a Topic where people can be brave and Introduce themselves...I think it be a little more of a friendly place if people weren't hiding behind user names...But then again, 90% of the conversations are bickering back and forth.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... if we start out "OFF topic" at some point around post #35 we will be "ON topic" - brilliant !!!! mind blown ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

tvc_fan wrote:I really hate to say it, but most topics end up being about Athens or Vinton County...lol

Maybe start a Topic where people can be brave and Introduce themselves...I think it be a little more of a friendly place if people weren't hiding behind user names...But then again, 90% of the conversations are bickering back and forth.
My bad

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:I really hate to say it, but most topics end up being about Athens or Vinton County...lol

Isnt Meigs a Football School???..This is a Basketball thread...;))...Sorry tvc fan I couldn't resist....Anyway-guess I got "off topic" there- :D ...All it takes is one comment to get Threads off topic-And it starts to take on a life of its own...As you can see and it Proves the Point of this Thread

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

pfloyd wrote:... if we start out "OFF topic" at some point around post #35 we will be "ON topic" - brilliant !!!! mind blown ...

PFloyd I am trying here-Sorry but besides you and a select few-Not a whole lot of BrainPower on this Site-I'm hoping to change that and get people thinking-May be a Lost Cause-People on here trying to be Negative and Shut me down

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Anyone can know my name anytime they want. I won't say anything on here I wouldn't say in person. I didn't not stir the pot. And I would be very easy to recognize at a ball game. I'm usually dressed as a mailman!!
Last edited by Mailman on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:

Isnt Meigs a Football School???..This is a Basketball thread...;))...Sorry tvc fan I couldn't resist....Anyway-guess I got "off topic" there- :D ...All it takes is one comment to get Threads off topic-And it starts to take on a life of its own...As you can see and it Proves the Point of this Thread
Funny thing is, there is a Meigs person on here that swears we are a football school...Meigs has had more success in Baseball then anything...Now go back to late 80's, we were pretty good in all sports :)

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:

Funny thing is, there is a Meigs person on here that swears we are a football school...Meigs has had more success in Baseball then anything...Now go back to late 80's, we were pretty good in all sports :)
Hmmm...isn't that when the Patriarch Bartrum dominated everything???...Lol

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Mailman wrote:Anyone can know my name anytime they want. I won't say anything on here I wouldn't say in person. I didn't not stir the pot. And I would be very easy to recognize at a ball game. I'm usually dressed as a mailman!!
I will reveal my Identity if thebarlowbandit, Michigan, colsoh and raider6309 reveal theirs-Although my "crystal ball" tells me that Michigan and colsoh are the same person-Just a feeling-since Michigan tried to say the same thing about me on the thread about Athens @ New Lex...sorry I "got off topic" there

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:Isnt Meigs a Football School???..This is a Basketball thread...;))...Sorry tvc fan I couldn't resist....Anyway-guess I got "off topic" there- :D ...All it takes is one comment to get Threads off topic-And it starts to take on a life of its own...As you can see and it Proves the Point of this Thread
Hmmm...isn't that when the Patriarch Bartrum dominated everything???...Lol
Some of the later 80's was his group. Too many good athletes to name during that time, Earlier years were good with Chancey, Wise, Robinson, Powell...just many

Later 80's Bartrum, Bissell, Powell, Welchs, McElroy, Howards, Eason and many more.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:
Mailman wrote:Anyone can know my name anytime they want. I won't say anything on here I wouldn't say in person. I didn't not stir the pot. And I would be very easy to recognize at a ball game. I'm usually dressed as a mailman!!
I will reveal my Identity if thebarlowbandit, Michigan, colsoh and raider6309 reveal theirs-Although my "crystal ball" tells me that Michigan and colsoh are the same person-Just a feeling-since Michigan tried to say the same thing about me on the thread about Athens @ New Lex...sorry I "got off topic" there
I'm almost certain I know who bandit is, but wanna make sure I know 100% for sure before I have a little chat with him in person :)

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Hey guys! I'm new Here but I have been an Active reader for Many years. I love The TVC. Hope I Can mesh in with the Threads that you guys Create. I may or May not have a Kid that is a Pretty good player for One of the Teams.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Ed Ott wrote:Hey guys! I'm new Here but I have been an Active reader for Many years. I love The TVC. Hope I Can mesh in with the Threads that you guys Create. I may or May not have a Kid that is a Pretty good player for One of the Teams.
Welcome Ed, Are you making the trip to Meigs this Friday as Meigs take on the Rockets? :) :) :)

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

No. Booooo Wellston!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

So, An EPIPHANY Occured to me the more I thought of this Thread that I masterminded. Let's create a thread like this one-or it could even be this One-where "men" and/or "women" can go to "Settle" their differences or "bicker and banter" a Little instead of Clogging up a Thread and getting "off topic". Moderators of SEOPREPS take Note here. I think I am on to something here. If you are on a Thread
And it starts to get "HEATED"-Just say-"hey why don't we take this to the "getting off topic" Thread-Much the way someone says Let's Take This Outside-Or In the Old West they met each other in the Middle of Town with Hands on their Hips Ready to Draw. I think this is Brilliant. If you Moderators decide to take my Advice-I would Suggest you put a Warning Lable-The Label would Read-"If you have a Thin Skin do not open this Thread"....I would bet a House that the Thread would have more Views than SEOPREPS has Ever experienced

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ed Ott wrote:Hey guys! I'm new Here but I have been an Active reader for Many years. I love The TVC. Hope I Can mesh in with the Threads that you guys Create. I may or May not have a Kid that is a Pretty good player for One of the Teams.
Welcome Ed Ott. Interesting name you have

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote:So, An EPIPHANY Occured to me the more I thought of this Thread that I masterminded. Let's create a thread like this one-or it could even be this One-where "men" and/or "women" can go to "Settle" their differences or "bicker and banter" a Little instead of Clogging up a Thread and getting "off topic". Moderators of SEOPREPS take Note here. I think I am on to something here. If you are on a Thread
And it starts to get "HEATED"-Just say-"hey why don't we take this to the "getting off topic" Thread-Much the way someone says Let's Take This Outside-Or In the Old West they met each other in the Middle of Town with Hands on their Hips Ready to Draw. I think this is Brilliant. If you Moderators decide to take my Advice-I would Suggest you put a Warning Lable-The Label would Read-"If you have a Thin Skin do not open this Thread"....I would bet a House that the Thread would have more Views than SEOPREPS has Ever experienced

then we would see too many of these

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

VisionQuest wrote:
Welcome Ed Ott. Interesting name you have
Well I do love hockey.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Nothing creates more traffic than a Paladin post

Return to “Boys Basketball”