Tuesday 1/17 Games, Updates, Finals

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Tuesday 1/17 Games, Updates, Finals

Post by bbjunky81 »

art_vandelay wrote:Oak Hill is for real. Not much depth, but their starting 5 is legit. Seemed like they hit bout 10-12 3-pointers. Webster didn't play bad and still lost by 20+. Don't know if Oak Hill is Fairland-good, but with Norm on their sideline, I wouldn't count them out if they meet up in tourney.*
That's exactly what I was saying to a buddy that called and asked the score of the game... I said "South Webster really didn't play bad and lost by 20."

Oak Hill just makes so few mistakes and have 2-3 lights out shooters.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

Washington 77 Circleville 59

jottings1933
Riding the Bench

Post by jottings1933 »

gahs-RIVER VALLEY BOYS CAGE SCORE?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

jottings1933 wrote:gahs-RIVER VALLEY BOYS CAGE SCORE?
Already posted on the thread you started. GA won 62-50

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Portsmouth Clay 83-55 over Symmes Valley

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Point Pleasant 83
Meigs 75

OT

Meigs was down 28-5 after 1 and battled all the way back. Was at the line with 1.3 to go in regulation and sank the first one to tie it and missed the 2nd one.

The had to stop the game 4 times because the clock operator was starting and stopping the clock when they weren't supposed to...No excuse, shouldn't have been a factor...Point Pleasant missed NO shots in the first period...We couldn't hit.

Fun game to watch.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

tvc_fan wrote:Point Pleasant 83
Meigs 75

OT

Meigs was down 28-5 after 1 and battled all the way back. Was at the line with 1.3 to go in regulation and sank the first one to tie it and missed the 2nd one.

The had to stop the game 4 times because the clock operator was starting and stopping the clock when they weren't supposed to...No excuse, shouldn't have been a factor...Point Pleasant missed NO shots in the first period...We couldn't hit.

Fun game to watch.
Without seeing this one, but seeing it many times, something has to be done with the clock operators. I've seen too many times where the officials have to put on time or stop the game because of some sort of malfunction. With those issues, there's no way that Ohio can have shot clocks.

Kudos to Meigs for battling back from that massive deficit, even in a loss it should give them some extra confidence.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Lynchburg 71-60 Fayetteville
Manchester 61-50 North Adams

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Claymont 54
Marietta.. 57

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

Anybody have the Wheelersburg/Portsmouth West score?

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

bbjunky81 wrote:
art_vandelay wrote:Oak Hill is for real. Not much depth, but their starting 5 is legit. Seemed like they hit bout 10-12 3-pointers. Webster didn't play bad and still lost by 20+. Don't know if Oak Hill is Fairland-good, but with Norm on their sideline, I wouldn't count them out if they meet up in tourney.*
That's exactly what I was saying to a buddy that called and asked the score of the game... I said "South Webster really didn't play bad and lost by 20."

I've seen both play and let me assure you Oak Hill isn't no where near Fairland. However they are better coached. If you throw a ball up Fairland wins by 30+. Inject Norm and Speed it's likely <15. Make it during the tourney and it could be a Oak Hill win. But facts are this. Oak Hill is 5.5 deep and Fairland is 10 deep If speed rotates 10 and presses the entire game they might need IV's for the Oaks after the game. I don't see these 2 meeting. I think Oak Hill gets beat in Jackson. Hope I'm wrong as its always great seeing Norm at the convo. If the Pg #11 I think or #13 either get in foul trouble Norm better take the air out of it.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Burg 55
West 41
Final

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

DMUP wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:

I've seen both play and let me assure you Oak Hill isn't no where near Fairland. However they are better coached. If you throw a ball up Fairland wins by 30+. Inject Norm and Speed it's likely <15. Make it during the tourney and it could be a Oak Hill win. But facts are this. Oak Hill is 5.5 deep and Fairland is 10 deep If speed rotates 10 and presses the entire game they might need IV's for the Oaks after the game. I don't see these 2 meeting. I think Oak Hill gets beat in Jackson. Hope I'm wrong as its always great seeing Norm at the convo. If the Pg #11 I think or #13 either get in foul trouble Norm better take the air out of it.
So I'm just curious, you seem to be such an expert on the subject. Who is it exactly that's going to be seeded mid pack in Jackson that's going to beat the undefeated Oaks?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I would bet a LARGE amount of money Oak Hill doesn't get beat in Jackson. I understand they have 2 guards that primarily handle it etc, but that doesn't mean they don't have other players. The big kid is solid and pulls his defender out, and the other Carroll kid is deceptively good.

Trust me, I'm a believer after what I saw from them last night. I think they're a LEGITIMATE District Title contender and if they hit shots like they did last night, they'd give Fairland all they want and more.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

DMUP wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:

And again, Norm Persin is why I wouldn't count Oak Hill out against Fairland. He gets an early lead and he will sit on it (and they got the guards/discipline to do it). Norm knows Oak Hill doesn't have depth/talent like Fairland so he will slow it down from the start.

I really hope this matchup happens cause I've seen a lot of back and forth between the fans of each school on here. I don't have a dog in the fight, but if Oak Hill shoots like they did last night against Webster, they can play with anyone around here.*

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

Oaktown wrote:
DMUP wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:

So I'm just curious, you seem to be such an expert on the subject. Who is it exactly that's going to be seeded mid pack in Jackson that's going to beat the undefeated Oaks?
Far from being any expert. Just my opinion. And in that opinion I believe that Jackson sectional is one of the hardest ones to come out of. Jackson sectional is more likely to have an upset of a # 1 or 2 seed than other sectionals. And as I said. I hope I'm wrong.

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

bbjunky81 wrote:I would bet a LARGE amount of money Oak Hill doesn't get beat in Jackson. I understand they have 2 guards that primarily handle it etc, but that doesn't mean they don't have other players. The big kid is solid and pulls his defender out, and the other Carroll kid is deceptively good.

Trust me, I'm a believer after what I saw from them last night. I think they're a LEGITIMATE District Title contender and if they hit shots like they did last night, they'd give Fairland all they want and more.
I don't disagree at all BBJunky. You don't go 11-0 without being a legit team.

As good of a Bk court 11/13 duo around won't dispute that. Only one that's maybe better is Athens #3/#20 but it be close. Oaks 4/5 spots are solid I only question their depth Fairland is a legit 10 deep. Oaks I think are 5-6 deep. They are a 1 bad ref away from having issues. You take 11 or 13 out with foul trouble its a total different team. You take Fairlands best player out (6'7 center)and they beat Athens. I would gladly lose a LARGE amount to see these 2 teams play and see oak hill win in that match up But I'm just not sure that could happen but would most definitely like to see it.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

DMUP wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:I would bet a LARGE amount of money Oak Hill doesn't get beat in Jackson. I understand they have 2 guards that primarily handle it etc, but that doesn't mean they don't have other players. The big kid is solid and pulls his defender out, and the other Carroll kid is deceptively good.

I don't disagree at all BBJunky. You don't go 11-0 without being a legit team.

As good of a Bk court 11/13 duo around won't dispute that. Only one that's maybe better is Athens #3/#20 but it be close. Oaks 4/5 spots are solid I only question their depth Fairland is a legit 10 deep. Oaks I think are 5-6 deep. They are a 1 bad ref away from having issues. You take 11 or 13 out with foul trouble its a total different team. You take Fairlands best player out (6'7 center)and they beat Athens. I would gladly lose a LARGE amount to see these 2 teams play and see oak hill win in that match up But I'm just not sure that could happen but would most definitely like to see it.
Oaks are now 14-0 with wins against Minford, Burg and South Webster in the past week.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Very proud of my Portsmouth Trojans who are a quiet 7-3 after a 55-46 win at ancient rival Ironton. PHS had an 18 point lead at one point, but IHS battled back in the 4th quarter. The Trojans started the season 2-2, but have won 5 of the last 6 games, with the only loss being at Fairland. The Trojans are getting balanced scoring, not having to rely so much on Kendal Reynolds to carry the offensive load. They are scrappy on the boards, and their halfcourt defense has been outstanding.

GO TROJANS!!!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:New lex 71
Athens 62

I can't even believe that score.
Seconded. And Thirded, if that's possible.
Honestly I still can't believe it. NL isn't a good basketball team, consistently. They have put together a couple nice games this season though. I do think they have a few kids who can play, but I'd have never expected them to win this game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”