TVC POY: BARTOE OR LUTZ

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: TVC POY: BARTOE OR LUTZ

Post by Poo Bear »

Tristen Bartoe, this is really a no brainer .

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote:Tristen Bartoe, this is really a no brainer .

I agree. He has better numbers. His team has beaten Athens twice. Im really not sure why there is even a debate really.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote:

I agree. He has better numbers. His team has beaten Athens twice. Im really not sure why there is even a debate really.
I don't mind Bartoe winning it - the kid had one heckuva season and career.

But better numbers? How do you figure? Do you know what Lutz' averages? Points, reb, assists?

You sound like Kelly Anne Conway. False statements with no facts what so ever.

:mrgreen:

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

After Lutz's And Bartoe's seasons are over...I think they should do a Best of 10 games-One on One...Money donated to the Chartity of their Choice. I would pay to see that!!!!

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

VisionQuest wrote:After Lutz's And Bartoe's seasons are over...I think they should do a Best of 10 games-One on One...Money donated to the Chartity of their Choice. I would pay to see that!!!!

You cannot judge how good a player is by playing one on one.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Both are great players. I do think Bartoe has had the better season, but it's hard to judge because he also has the better team around him, more weapons that teams have to focus on. Lutz seems to be the main attraction of defenses every single game. I can see arguments for both.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

george wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:After Lutz's And Bartoe's seasons are over...I think they should do a Best of 10 games-One on One...Money donated to the Chartity of their Choice. I would pay to see that!!!!

You cannot judge how good a player is by playing one on one.
Didn't say I would use this to "Judge" who was better. I said I would like to see this and would pay money to see it-I think others would as well. And donate it to some Charities. Just an Idea there George. :D

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

I would agree with Rufus.

Bartoe may be the MVP. Who is most valuable to their team.
The Vikings would still have an awfully nice record without him. Just saying.
Athens on the other hand would be a lot worse off team wise. Lutz does just about everything for them.
Both are very very good players and fun to watch.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

For one Yates is Vinton's MVP.
Bartoe better shooter

Lutz better defender, rebounder, ball handler, better mid range shooter, and better transition score

But would be funny Lutz D2 POTY but no league POTY

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Raider6309 wrote:For one Yates is Vinton's MVP.
Bartoe better shooter

Lutz better defender, rebounder, ball handler, better mid range shooter, and better transition score

But would be funny Lutz D2 POTY but no league POTY
I will have to disagree. NO ONE in SE Ohio can penetrate and get to the rim like Bartoe. Lutz is taller and more athletic but to say better ball handler and in transition....I don't see it. Also I'm not sure on the exact percentage but Bartoe is also somewhere in the 90% range on FT's as well.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Raider, you must be smoking something. Both times the Vikings have played Athens this season it has been Bartoe and Lutz. Bartoe has defended him, drove to the rim on him and shot the three pointer in his eye!! Most of Lutz's points, in the games I have seen him play over the last 4 years, are from midrange jump shots. He is good, but Bartoe is the more complete player. Just stating what I have witnessed. They both dribble well, defend well, drive to the bucket and have the mid range shot. The one thing that makes Bartoe the more complete player is his ability to step back and drain the three. Something I've never seen Lutz have the ability to do.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

One thing for sure. Next year it will be odd for many of us to watch other players bring that ball up the floor-Will be hard if not impossible to Fill Their Shoes. Lutz and Bartoe have in the last few years brought a unique excitement and dynamic explosion as the "Floor Generals" for their Teams. They are Very special players who have brought a lot of enjoyment to many people over the years and will be Missed.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

On any given night each can tear you up. Both are Seniors that carry a lot of confidence in their game . This thread was created to lobby for each player to be POY , but from what I have seen both would rather go deep in the tourney than dwell whether they win or loose this award IMO. They will be remembered as being the player that they are for their team and for their Fans. Their careers in High School are rapidly coming to a close and both will be greatly missed but hopefully we can follow them to the next level. Good luck to both!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

93Bulldog wrote:
Dundas wrote:

I don't mind Bartoe winning it - the kid had one heckuva season and career.

But better numbers? How do you figure? Do you know what Lutz' averages? Points, reb, assists?

You sound like Kelly Anne Conway. False statements with no facts what so ever.

:mrgreen:
I'm
Talking head to head . I don't care how many the score in 30 point wins vs river valley , wellston and NY

Bartoe has had better numbers twice against lutz, bartoe teams is 2-0 vs Lutz , bartoe yeams is league champs not lutz

Case closed

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ive heard from a very reliable source that Marietta College wants both lutz and bartoe! Pretty nice back court tandem, imo. Griff could easilly slide over & play the 2. Its also worth noting Michael Hall & Dillon Young play for the Pioneers as well.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

93Bulldog wrote:Ive heard from a very reliable source that Marietta College wants both lutz and bartoe! Pretty nice back court tandem, imo. Griff could easilly slide over & play the 2. Its also worth noting Michael Hall & Dillon Young play for the Pioneers as well.
Tht would be awesome . Lutz and the TVC Ohio MVP

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poo Bear wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Ive heard from a very reliable source that Marietta College wants both lutz and bartoe! Pretty nice back court tandem, imo. Griff could easilly slide over & play the 2. Its also worth noting Michael Hall & Dillon Young play for the Pioneers as well.
Tht would be awesome . Lutz and the TVC Ohio MVP
Lutz was TVC POTY last year and first team all state. Lutz will be D2 POTY with the kid from Trotwood Madison

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Lutz is a Division 1 Player!!!...Are you telling me he doesn't have the Attributes of a Simmons that plays for OU?!?!...Whatever-Someone needs to grab that boy up-Crazy...A Diamond in the Rough-Division One all the Way!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Id love to see Griff at OU, but i dont think he has received a D1 offer. Marietta is pretty darn good, I believe they were ranked No. 1 in the country at one point this season. I know they have been in the top 5.

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

hateraid wrote:I will have to disagree. NO ONE in SE Ohio can penetrate and get to the rim like Bartoe. Lutz is taller and more athletic but to say better ball handler and in transition....I don't see it. Also I'm not sure on the exact percentage but Bartoe is also somewhere in the 90% range on FT's as well.
Both of these young men are class acts. Both are extremely deserving. And all the reasons provided for both players are valid and cannot be negated. Just more evidence of how special both are.

One thought I have on the statement above (I'm not a basketball expert by any means, but this just makes sense to me), is that perhaps one reason why it appears that Bartoe can penetrate and get to the rim better than Lutz is because of what their team dictates is the defense's reaction. For example, If you're playing defense against VC, you are hard pressed to "help" because as soon as you help to stop the dribble drive, it's kicked out to any number of wing players who knock down three's (VC has multiple options).

On the other hand, perhaps the reason why it appears a little more difficult for Lutz to get to the rim at times is because teams don't hesitate to help and slide in the lane on him. That hesitation for Bartoe makes all the difference. I have to believe that if two or three wings for Athens would consistently be the kind of threat to shoot 3's that Yates, Yates and Jones are for VC, then we'd see Lutz not only driving the lane more clearly, but also potentially slamming down a few dunks in doing so.

No question that Tristan's ability to shoot the 3-ball gives him advantage as well. Defenders can afford to "play off" Griffin a little more when he has the ball behind the arc. Bartoe will torch you if you do that. But... IF you had to step out on Lutz, there's not a defender in the TVC that wouldn't need help on his dribble drive.

Return to “Boys Basketball”