TVC POY: BARTOE OR LUTZ

VisionQuest
All State

Re: TVC POY: BARTOE OR LUTZ

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote:A parent can hold a kid back. Even at Athens. They just say its for maturity and has nothing to do with sports. lol
Most kids end up being labeled as a "red shirt" Among Parents and Athletes-Then again if it ends up getting the Kid a Full Ride somewhere...I would say the Parents or Kids cares less what people think and "laugh all the way to the bank"...And they get the opportunity to continue to play a game they Love...Just some thoughts

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This thread is about Lutz and Bartoe.

Start a separate thread...I'm sure it will flourish

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote:This thread is about Lutz and Bartoe.

Really?!?!...This is the most action this site has seen in a couple of days and you are trying to shut it down-Lol...No wonder it's in "trouble"....Same thing about the topic of "being a coaches kid"...I guarantee you people kept checking back on that "friendly banter" which was eventually Censored..Then I took a look at a Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill-Calling out the head coach Ater-acted like they wanted to "lynch" that guy-Really?!?!-And the comments remain???...I'm new to this site but it's no wonder why Viewership is Down

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote:

Really?!?!...This is the most action this site has seen in a couple of days and you are trying to shut it down-Lol...No wonder it's in "trouble"....Same thing about the topic of "being a coaches kid"...I guarantee you people kept checking back on that "friendly banter" which was eventually Censored..Then I took a look at a Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill-Calling out the head coach Ater-acted like they wanted to "lynch" that guy-Really?!?!-And the comments remain???...I'm new to this site but it's no wonder why Viewership is Down
Trying to shut it down? Not in anyway shape or form. You don't think I want this site to have a lot of discussion?

If I'm a TVC basketball fan that reads this site and sees this thread....I'm gonna wanna read about the debate of which player might be more deserving, but must sift through many posts that began by singling out 1 player...and named him. It's not slanderous or that huge of a deal....but why not start it's own thread and leave kids names out of it? I would definitely discuss that topic as would many others I bet....but on a Lutz vs Bartoe thread does it really have any place?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote:

Also, since you seem to think I'm some big part of the censorship or whatever....I've been actively posting on this site in football, boys and girls basketball, softball, baseball, track, xc, volleyball and jr high sports for 10 years ....1 time have I ever flagged a post to a moderator to be removed and it was a ridiculous troll who wouldn't stop. I'm not the problem (if there is one)

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:

Trying to shut it down? Not in anyway shape or form. You don't think I want this site to have a lot of discussion?

If I'm a TVC basketball fan that reads this site and sees this thread....I'm gonna wanna read about the debate of which player might be more deserving, but must sift through many posts that began by singling out 1 player...and named him. It's not slanderous or that huge of a deal....but why not start it's own thread and leave kids names out of it? I would definitely discuss that topic as would many others I bet....but on a Lutz vs Bartoe thread does it really have any place?
Just about every topic I have come across on this Site gets "off topic" it's called Life....and this for sure isn't a perfect forum with people playing by the Rules-If that was the case it would be Stale and Boring-Who Wants That??-I will turn on CNN If I want that...We play into the "millennials concept" when we cry "stay on topic"...Lets not hurt anyone's Feelings-Wake up America....Really?!?!....Only in a Perfect World-This site needs some New Blood to Shake It Up!!!

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Bartoe

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
VisionQuest wrote: Really?!?!...This is the most action this site has seen in a couple of days and you are trying to shut it down-Lol...No wonder it's in "trouble"....Same thing about the topic of "being a coaches kid"...I guarantee you people kept checking back on that "friendly banter" which was eventually Censored..Then I took a look at a Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill-Calling out the head coach Ater-acted like they wanted to "lynch" that guy-Really?!?!-And the comments remain???...I'm new to this site but it's no wonder why Viewership is Down

Just about every topic I have come across on this Site gets "off topic" it's called Life....and this for sure isn't a perfect forum with people playing by the Rules-If that was the case it would be Stale and Boring-Who Wants That??-I will turn on CNN If I want that...We play into the "millennials concept" when we cry "stay on topic"...Lets not hurt anyone's Feelings-Wake up America....Really?!?!....Only in a Perfect World-This site needs some New Blood to Shake It Up!!!
It was a simple recommendation not driven towards you or any one poster. Nothing more nothing less. I'm going to keep posting on these threads regardless.

Your opinion is certainly welcome I'm just not sure why you became so enraged and started talking about millennials. Take care now, bye bye then.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'd go with Bartoe.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

As a TVC guy from neither school, I give a slight edge to Lutz. I would not be opposed to the coaches rigging a tie. Bartoe is outstanding.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I said Bartoe, but I need to elaborate. If it was an award called MVP, I would say Lutz. But since it's POY that's why I said Bartoe.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

ShoeHorn wrote:LOL He turned 18 back on November 18th. He was one of the oldest in the class he left.
I stand corrected. I thought he had a July birthday.

But, I find it curious that you seemed to know his birthday and I do not and I am pretty close to the family. Are you some kind of internet stalker?

I spoke with his father last night and he had several things to say...one, first and foremost, he is not going to apologize, nor explain his parenting decision to anyone. Move on. Secondly, he knows what it is like, he turned 18 years old three days before his graduation. Lastly, if it is a football thing, he will still be 18 years old during football season. So lets get over ourselves and your tepid righteous indignation. :roll:

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

hawkeyepierce wrote:
ShoeHorn wrote:LOL He turned 18 back on November 18th. He was one of the oldest in the class he left.

But, I find it curious that you seemed to know his birthday and I do not and I am pretty close to the family. Are you some kind of internet stalker?

I spoke with his father last night and he had several things to say...one, first and foremost, he is not going to apologize, nor explain his parenting decision to anyone. Move on. Secondly, he knows what it is like, he turned 18 years old three days before his graduation. Lastly, if it is a football thing, he will still be 18 years old during football season. So lets get over ourselves and your tepid righteous indignation. :roll:
AMEN!!!!

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

hawkeyepierce wrote:

I could care less what any parent does or does not do with their kid. I was just pointing out the excuse you gave about being one of the youngest in his class was false.

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Have seen both these guys quite a bit. Would certainly hope the coaches figure out a way to give a co-POY. If ever there were a time in SEO basketball when it is warranted, it's this year and for these two. Incredible players.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

I think more players will be held backs in 7/8 grades Didn't OHSSA make a rule that you can play till you turn 20

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I held my son back in 1st grade, but he still won't turn 18 until May

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... imo IF you are voting for MVP (most valuable player) - Lutz is the cog that makes Athens go - without Griffin Lutz the Bulldogs lose the ability to breakdown pressure ... to get into the paint and as has been pointed out GL is a great rebounder ... Athens is an average team without him - no offensive flow ... so my MVP would go to Griffin Lutz based on what his presence means to Athens ... my League POY (Player of the Year) between Lutz and Bartoe is Tristan Bartoe ... Tristan Bartoe can/does do it all - he has the ability to score the ball from the perimeter, the ability to get into the lane at rim , finds the open scorers under the bucket or out on the perimeter , he breaks down defenses as well as or better than anyone else in the TVC ...

... now IF I was looking at more than Lutz & Bartoe as POY ... I would vote for Naylan Yates ... the kid since the halfway point of last season is the most dominating player imo in the TVC - he turned himself into a confident ballhandler, defender, rebounder, passer and scorer both inside and outside ... he has the size to be effective vs the smaller defending guard because can get into the paint or post the smaller player up or if you go big on him he is too quick for a bigger player to even think about containing him - he's a matchup nightmare defensively for opposing teams ... the biggest thing I have noted in every game is that he has "it" ... he has an "edge" to how he plays on the basketball court , he is sure of his abilities as a "basketball player" not just an athlete ... one of the few times I have seen such a "metamorphosis" of a player - I could see in his play on the court that he had figured "it" out - he was as good as or better than everyone else on the court - he's a leader ...with Yates' confidence in what he is capable of doing Bartoe would be my 2nd choice as POY behind Yates ... I have totally enjoyed watching both of these kids on the court - hard to separate them out ... they fit together like pieces of a puzzle on the VC team - feeding off of each other/complementing each others abilities ... and Yates is ONLY a junior ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Good stuff, Floyd

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Lutz

Return to “Boys Basketball”