TVC POY: BARTOE OR LUTZ

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: TVC POY: BARTOE OR LUTZ

Post by 93Bulldog »

Im curious what coach voted for a third (different) player that made it a 3-3 tie. There are 7 coaches, someone had to vote for someone other than lutz & bartoe. lol

sportsgrandpa
Waterboy

Post by sportsgrandpa »

A few years back Saltmen and Chapman. Wellston coach does not vote for the Athens kid. He had what 440 yards and 48 carries against them? Which coach did not vote for Lutz or Bartow ?

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

This is just speculation, but if Vinton County had the last vote and Lutz and Bartoe was tied, I could see the VC coach doing the classy thing and voting for a different player in order the keep the co-POY intact. Dundas would probably have some inside information, but I could see that playing out that way.

Personally, the POY was Bartoe and it was not even close. Lutz was the only other person that could have been in the discussion. Not sure how a third person gets a vote.

hope everyone has a healthy and productive off season.

Go TVC.

OHPrepFB
Waterboy

Post by OHPrepFB »

In regards to the 3 - 3 vote, I would guess that either a coach (or rep) wasn't in attendance or Coach Combs did what spartans_fan made reference to. Either way, those two young men have been wonderful to watch over the years . . . especially head to head. I wish them both the best of luck in life and if they decide to pursue basketball in college.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Does the TVC do voice votes for this? All the ones I have been in you write down your choice on paper and turn it in. Someone then counts the votes. Just curious about what the TVC does

MisterAxeGrinder
Waterboy

Post by MisterAxeGrinder »

Don't want to take anything away from Bartoe, but I would have loved to see what Lutz could have accomplished this year if Athens hadn't changed coaches. Alot of the Bulldog faithful in the crowd talked about how the new coach's system hurt Lutz's game this year and that he would have flourished this year with another year under Skinner. I know it was a huge deal for Lutz to have his coach taken away in his senior year.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

MisterAxeGrinder wrote:Don't want to take anything away from Bartoe, but I would have loved to see what Lutz could have accomplished this year if Athens hadn't changed coaches. Alot of the Bulldog faithful in the crowd talked about how the new coach's system hurt Lutz's game this year and that he would have flourished this year with another year under Skinner. I know it was a huge deal for Lutz to have his coach taken away in his senior year.
A new coach with a wide open run and gun style caused him not to flourish ????
Dumbest comment of the week.

Return to “Boys Basketball”