TVC POY: BARTOE OR LUTZ

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC POY: BARTOE OR LUTZ

Post by WellstonLover »

Poo Bear wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Yea, well my dad can beat up your dad.

That's what you guys sound like.

Who gives a rats behind who wins an individual award. Just go out and win a district championship for goodness sake.
The kids , fans , coaches give a rats
Behind. The topic of the thread is bartoe vs lutz and your getting the red butt when people give opinions you don't wanna hear ?? The fact is bartoe won both head to head rather easily, put up better numbers and deserves the stinking award.
As much as it pains me to agree with some one from Jackson about a kid from VC, he's right. Bartoe is the tvc Ohio poy.

Utesofutah
Waterboy

Post by Utesofutah »

93Bulldog wrote:
Bud07 wrote:Whoever wins the league should win POY. Both are great players.
Athens was horrible last year & griffin only played 14 games & still won it. League champs doesnt play into it every year. Either way, its the same story different year. Arguing & bickering over individual honors - then a real TEAM like john Glenn shows up at the Convo & shows us what it takes to reach the ultimate goal. Been witnessing it for over 20 years now.
Wow!! I'll say it again Wow! How can you or anyone say they were Horrible? If you remember they started 0-4 they really put it together before losing Griffin and they still went 3-2 without him. Those Kids pulled together without him.. They played without Griffin and Zaccaih in the tournament and had like 4 or 5 others sick and were real close to forfeiting the game and your calling these young kids that busted there butts all year horrible? Wow

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

John Glenn beat Desales by 20 @ the Convo. Blevins like I said made a nice addition but the 3 times I saw them play they were a very very good TEAM. Team beats I any day!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Have they announced this yet ?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I believe bartoe had over 20 and his team rolls on , not sure what Lutz had but it's off season for him.

StepBack3
Waterboy

Post by StepBack3 »

Simple, Bartoe moving on and, Lutz is watching.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

93Bulldog wrote:I like both players. I seriously dont care who wins it.
I'll tell you all who doesn't care, and that is T. Bartoe. Ask him POY or a chance to run deep into the tourney, and help his team potentially go farther than VC has ever been. I know his answer. He knows how good he is and an individual award has never been his goal. His only goal is winning with his brothers. Just watch him play, just watch them all play, and see how unselfish they all are. This team plays for EACH OTHER, their coaches, and their fans! IMO it's Bartoe! But I'm biased. I love Lutz and have enjoyed watching him for years. I just feel Bartoe is the one this year.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Let's go TB, keep it rolling baby!!!

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Tristan has lead this team to the elite 8. So proud of him. I have been watching him play since he was in elementary school. So proud to be a loyal fan of Vinton County.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

Both are great players and I have heard even better kids. Basketball is a sport that most people know a little bit about.

Athens_Bulldogs
Waterboy

Post by Athens_Bulldogs »

I believe they shared TVC POY, But from what I have heard Bartoe District POY coaches poll, this coming from a VC fan...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I wonder how they tied with 7 coaches voting?

Did a coach vote for a third different player?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Athens_Bulldogs wrote:I believe they shared TVC POY, But from what I have heard Bartoe District POY coaches poll, this coming from a VC fan...
Is this a joke or for real ?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

All league teams have been released to the media. Probably be in most newspapers tomorrow. Athens had its banquet last night & Lutz received his tvc-ohio co-player of the year award. So to answer your question, poo bear, its not a joke.

The people who vote on such awards are the people who probably know the players talents best - coaches. They scout, game plan & compete against the individuals - so I usually trust their judgement. Media doesnt vote, we fans dont vote, players dont vote - just the coaches in the TVC-Ohio.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

We'll people are entitled to different opinion. Congrats to both players and great run by Bartoe and the Vikings.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

People also look at it like this: If you take Bartoe off VC, VC still has a good team. If you take Lutz off of Athens, it's a young team that is going to struggle. Both are very solid players and very valuable to their respective teams, thus the co.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote:We'll people are entitled to different opinion. Congrats to both players and great run by Bartoe and the Vikings.

I'd say what hurt Bartoe was the fact that some of the schools in the tvc may have felt "sighted" by some of the beatings they took this year. Probably some hurt feelings involved.

sportsgrandpa
Waterboy

Post by sportsgrandpa »

Coaches vote and that is often political. In this case both these fellows have done a great job on and off the court. Congrats

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Dundas wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:We'll people are entitled to different opinion. Congrats to both players and great run by Bartoe and the Vikings.

I'd say what hurt Bartoe was the fact that some of the schools in the tvc may have felt "slighted" by some of the beatings they took this year. Probably some hurt feelings involved.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

People think POY awards are based on what a player does all season - but really it just comes down to how each player performed against each league team on a given night. Coaches are not watching & studying how an individual is doing on another team every night all year - he or she just knows mostly how that player did versus his or her team. I ask people all the time who won POY in football a while back, Devon Sharp or Derek Arnold? Everyone gets it wrong because it was Jeremy Smith of Meigs. Why? Because although Sharp & Arnold had remarkable seasons - and won the league - Smith performed better individually against other league teams the last six weeks of the season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”