Athens @ New Lexington 1/17

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Re: Athens @ New Lexington 1/17

Post by sportsmom20 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
sportsmom20 wrote:New Lex out scored 33-22, how many of those were foul shots? They were outstanding from the line.

I'd say quit fouling.

Completely agree Bandit, but getting kids to do that sometimes is tough. I was giving a compliment to New Lex for their consistency on hitting foul shots when they got to the line.

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:What in the world is going on? LOL

I feel like people are avoiding posting because of others flipping out and ripping them for everything they say that someone doesn't agree with. Being a millenial has nothing to do with it, it's just how other people act on here that are running people off.
Can't blame that on me. I'm new to this Forum. From what I hear this Forum has had problems for awhile now. I'm just trying to bring some New Blood in-Shake things up a little-I bet this Site has increased Traffic Ten Fold since I came on the Scene. Same people and Same Boring stuff on here from what I see...Bunch of Old Men sitting in their Basements talking about the same old stuff and not wanting to hurt any feelings-Blah, Blah, Blah
You sure are a cocky one :lol:
It's called Humor with a "Dash" of Sarcasm....Some people on here need to Learn it-Feel like I am talking to a Bunch of people who get "their panties in a wad" over the littlest things....Geez

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Whoa now. Im neither old or in a basement. Lol

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

I feel like people are avoiding posting because of others flipping out and ripping them for everything they say that someone doesn't agree with. Being a millenial has nothing to do with it, it's just how other people act on here that are running people off.
Agree. This site, that was brought to my attention in July, is very similar to the old JJhuddle in the late 90's early 2000. Same people from huddle probably is my guess. There are some constructive basketball conversations, but mixed into that are people who bring their own personal agendas to the table for a certain school, player, coach, team, etc. and then post vague comments towards those subjects that are not factual, helpful or at times have anything to do with high school basketball.

As I have said before in the 90's on huddle, these kids are not pro athletes and they should not be discussed as such. Want to talk about basketball and skills, from a fundamental standpoint, sure. Just in the last couple of days, five different threads have gone down hill to people commenting on kids being held back for " sports", players who people think get time just because of who they are, comments regarding people's personal lives, why players have transferred schools, accusing people of having multiple user names and just straightforward name calling. Honestly, this site at times has become the adult way to "safely" harass people, while sitting behind a keyboard and a "tricky" user name. I ask you, would these conversations and comments go downhill so quickly if everyone had to use their real names and be accountable for their words? Would some of these folks have enough nerve to say these things directly to someone, the answer is NO, NO, NO, they would not. We are trying to teach our children to not do these things on social media, however here we are on a site with a bunch of adults who are no better than some of the teens in the news.

As back to the topic, it was a good game, they are an awesome team from the foul line. They had a great pep band who I totally enjoyed their music! Their school was very accommodating which I appreciated, as I forgot to get my kid food for the bus, and was so grateful to find out they fed our team after the game.
Last edited by sportsmom20 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I'm not old but my back is :lol:

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Raider6309 wrote:I'm not old but my back is :lol:
:lol: :lol:

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I honestly thing there needs to be a topic for people to introduce themselves.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

tvc_fan wrote:I honestly thing there needs to be a topic for people to introduce themselves.
I've been open about who I am for years. I offer to talk to any other posters at games or wherever and whenever. We use to have JJhuddle tailgate parties back in the day. Personally, I like having my identity known and could never really understand the motive to 'hide' behind a user name with the intention of stirring the pot. Seems childish - but to each his/her own I guess.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:I honestly thing there needs to be a topic for people to introduce themselves.
I've been open about who I am for years. I offer to talk to any other posters at games or wherever and whenever. We use to have JJhuddle tailgate parties back in the day. Personally, I like having my identity known and could never really understand the motive to 'hide' behind a user name with the intention of stirring the pot. Seems childish - but to each his/her own I guess.
I think most people know who I am, Even had my name as my username for the most part with my kids pic...but I NEVER talked him up, rarely ever mentioned him and he is one heck of an athlete. I changed username and everything because of 2 people ironman99 and thebarlowbandit, they were constantly talking badly of my kid, saying he wasn't good enough...etc. I like my boy fly's under the radar. You get a few people in here that ruin it for others, and the sad thing is, they can talk to you face to face, know you for years, but on hear talk nothing but bad about you.

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

I announced who I was the minute I signed up on here and posted, and everyone on huddle knew who I was too back in the day. Sorry to hear that Tvc_fan and totally understand where you are coming from.

To each their own is right. I tell our kids all of the time, Freedom of Speech is not limitless, and not without consequences. You are free to say what ever you want, you however are not free to pick the consequence for it.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

sportsmom20 wrote:I announced who I was the minute I signed up on here and posted, and everyone on huddle knew who I was too back in the day. Sorry to hear that Tvc_fan and totally understand where you are coming from.

To each their own is right. I tell our kids all of the time, Freedom of Speech is not limitless, and not without consequences. You are free to say what ever you want, you however are not free to pick the consequence for it.
Agreed. I've never hid from who I am and am pretty open to it. Everyone in my community that comes here knows who I am.

I just always try to remain as positive as possible (while being sarcastic at times) because the negative stuff is pretty much everywhere and easy to see. Plus, this is high school sports we are talking about here, something that I assume we all enjoy.

And just like Raider, I'm not old, but my body thinks otherwise.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Seems like some good old blood is pumping now. That's what I like to see. Keep it up Posters. Viewership just may go up and the increased Money from the Advertising can go the the Kids. Is that where the $$$ goes???-I don't know honestly-what is the money generated from the Ads used for???

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:Whoa now. Im neither old or in a basement. Lol
You're definitely not in a basement..... :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

So here is my "take" on SEOPREPS-Just from the short time I have visited and tried to offer a different or unique perspective. In this Forum certain people want you to be "cookie cutter ". Let's not say anything that may offend anyone. Some don't even want you to give Recognition to these Ball Players. That is pretty sad. This is Life people-it's pretty darn Tough out there. And admit or not the ball players are in the Limelight. Just like an actor or actress they are going to be talked about and analyzed. Why??-because there are people who live their lives through their Alma Mater and their Sports Teams. It's called Pride and it gives some people a little more reason to Tolerate this thing we call Life. You want more people to Post just not View-then they are Shutdown with Negativity-Some Want to live life through "rose colored glasses"....Well guess what Dorothy-you aren't in Kansas anymore. And as Forrest Gump would say-"that's all I got to say about that"

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:

Can't blame that on me. I'm new to this Forum. From what I hear this Forum has had problems for awhile now. I'm just trying to bring some New Blood in-Shake things up a little-I bet this Site has increased Traffic Ten Fold since I came on the Scene. Same people and Same Boring stuff on here from what I see...Bunch of Old Men sitting in their Basements talking about the same old stuff and not wanting to hurt any feelings-Blah, Blah, Blah

+1

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:Can't blame that on me. I'm new to this Forum. From what I hear this Forum has had problems for awhile now. I'm just trying to bring some New Blood in-Shake things up a little-I bet this Site has increased Traffic Ten Fold since I came on the Scene. Same people and Same Boring stuff on here from what I see...Bunch of Old Men sitting in their Basements talking about the same old stuff and not wanting to hurt any feelings-Blah, Blah, Blah

+1
meet me over in the "getting off topic" Thread Barlow...lets go-Unless you are Scared.... :lol:

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

My opinion is maybe the Bulldogs really aren't as good as some fans think they should be!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

You should probably spend more time watching film and game planning.

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

Fans watch film and game plan? Interesting

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

The only Film I watch is the movie VisionQuest. Now there is a movie some of these kids should watch. Teach them a little about Heart. Just Censor out those scenes with Matthew Modine and what's her name-that probably wouldn't go over so well with some Parents....LOL

Return to “Boys Basketball”