Fairland 81 Athens 77 OT ... a final ... GREAT GAME !!!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: Fairland 81 Athens 77 OT ... a final ... GREAT GAME !!!

Post by thebarlowbandit »

:shock:
VisionQuest wrote:Again I apologize-New to these Open Forums...Would thebarlowbandit be what they call a TROLL???...
Give it a rest, I commented on a thread about a generic situation, you mistakenly thought I was speaking of you, wasn't. I will always point out when people run around saying officials cheated or they lost because of officials. I don't care who starts saying that. And last night when one fan posted that I called them out. And I have not said one negative thing regarding the Athens program or kids. Couple whining fans yes.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I didn't know Barlow was at the game

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VisionQuest wrote:Again I apologize-New to these Open Forums...Would thebarlowbandit be what they call a TROLL???...
Pretty much. He said a 25-2 Athens team wasn't very good. Lost to the state champs west Holmes in the regional finals :roll:
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Raider6309 wrote:I didn't know Barlow was at the game
Said he wasn't-or didn't need to be...But I bet we all 3 will be at the WarriorDome on Saturday....Man it will be INTENSE!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I actually haven't seen Warren play yet. Should be a good game. Warren always lights it up against Athens. Pretty impressive to watch.

If that 6'8 kid is able to come back. Fairland should go pretty far in the tournament. Looked like the only thing they were missing was a rim protector.

Hopefully Athens keeps growing. I like we can play 10 deep.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Raider6309 wrote:I actually haven't seen Warren play yet. Should be a good game. Warren always lights it up against Athens. Pretty impressive to watch.

If that 6'8 kid is able to come back. Fairland should go pretty far in the tournament. Looked like the only thing they were missing was a rim protector.

Hopefully Athens keeps growing. I like we can play 10 deep.
As far as Athens growing-From what I hear and see-In the next couple of years-they have the Capability of having several boys anywhere from 6'4" to 6'7" or 8" at least-Dickelman, Hynes, Chubb and The Butcher kid-A Freshman have a lot of room to grow-And I am waiting on the Gehrig kid to hit a Growth spurt-his dad is about 6'7" I would guess-They will be tall, athletic and Experienced-this will be a good year for the Dogs-The next 2 years will be Better-my "Crystal Ball" Says

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Sounds like a real good game with high octane fan base. Fair lane is missing their big inside player and that hurts. Athens will get to see how good they are down the stretch .They do have a nice player in Lutz.

Athens_Bulldogs
Waterboy

Post by Athens_Bulldogs »

This was the best game Athens has played all season, I am excited for the rest of the season! If we can keep playing tough and like we did tonight we could be a team that upsets some very good teams. I believe we are a very good team but we just don't have the respect of like a Fairland or Vinton County team. I can't wait for the game in McArthur I think it might be another Bulldog upset!!!!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:So yeah, that's where I come from
Lol, how much do you want to bet Maddox officials will put Parkersburg in foul trouble. I might go to watch that. Should be entertaining

So you are saying that officials have zero ethics? Really??? They all cheat? You do realize that the SEOAL has an assignor and they are not Maddox's officials. Heck even a couple years ago you blamed the officials at Athens. Was that Maddox too?
Yea, but that was "those danged Glouster refs." :lol:

I've heard whispers from a few that they had the Fairland game the other night too. :lol: :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No, the crew was from the portsmouth area. I know one of em had the D2 state championship game last year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”