2. Warren (16-2)
3. Fairfield Union(15-2)
4. Sheridan (13-3)
5. Athens (10-6)
6. Logan elm (11-7)
7. Meigs (10-8)
8. Marietta (9-8)
9. New Lexington (9-10)
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 15 times in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: The D2 Logan Sectional

Post by danicalifornia »

LOL at any sectional where LE could be 7th out of 9. That's an insanely loaded sectional.

Like I said in the SE thread, while the SE sectional is pretty good, this one is just ridiculous.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

I'm not sure "all" the teams in this sectional play same competition as Southeastern side, but this again is perfect argument for Super Sectional. SE District Board is a joke. Either way loaded sectional. Even though both sides get 4 teams out, you'll still have to beat SOMEBODY to move to the Convo.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

whsball wrote:I'm not sure "all" the teams in this sectional play same competition as Southeastern side, but this again is perfect argument for Super Sectional. SE District Board is a joke. Either way loaded sectional. Even though both sides get 4 teams out, you'll still have to beat SOMEBODY to move to the Convo.
Explain what you mean that both sides get 4 teams out??...I'm new to how this all breaks down as far as teams that will get to go to the Convo...Thank You

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VisionQuest wrote:
whsball wrote:I'm not sure "all" the teams in this sectional play same competition as Southeastern side, but this again is perfect argument for Super Sectional. SE District Board is a joke. Either way loaded sectional. Even though both sides get 4 teams out, you'll still have to beat SOMEBODY to move to the Convo.
Explain what you mean that both sides get 4 teams out??...I'm new to how this all breaks down as far as teams that will get to go to the Convo...Thank You
They change the format every couple years. I'm pretty sure this year is like the 2012-2013 format. So only one game at the sectionals so each sectional gets four teams at the district.

If all top seeds win
District semi final
#1 Vinton plays #4 Chillicothe
#2 Fairfield union plays #3 unioto
#3 warren plays #2 waverly
#4 Athens plays #1 Miami trace

District final
#1 vinton vs #2 waverly
#2 Fairfield union vs #1 Miami trace

Regional semi final
Vinton vs Miami trace

Here is the bracket link
http://www.seodab.org/index.php/winter- ... basketball

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think the #7 seed in Logan is better than the #4 in Southeastern

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote:I think the #7 seed in Logan is better than the #4 in Southeastern
Logan elm beat the best team in the southeastern district by 30

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:I think the #7 seed in Logan is better than the #4 in Southeastern
Logan elm beat the best team in the southeastern district by 30
Thanks. Changes nothing I said.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Meigs boosted their status tonight and VC is slightly less invincible

Marietta falling hard

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Meigs played VC tough in McArthur.
New Lex lost by a point to (10-1) Morgan.

Unbelievable!

1-9

Maybe the toughest sectional of all time.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Logan elm also lost to Chillicothe your point is what exactly?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ohio1234 wrote:Logan elm also lost to Chillicothe your point is what exactly?
My point is even the No. 8 and No. 9 teams in this sectional are quality teams. No push overs what so ever.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what my post was implying.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Raider6309 wrote:1. Vinton County
2. Fairfield Union
3. Warren
4. Athens
5. Sheridan
6. Marietta
7. Logan elm
8. Meigs
9. New Lexington
I would disagree on 6-9...Marietta and Logan Elm drop to 8 and 9 respectively and Meigs and New Lex move up in their Place Respectively...Not sure how this will shake out in the end...Nonetheless, it's going to be a Thrilling and Intense Sectional Tournament...Oh and if Warren can beat Parkersburg on 1/17-I put them tentatively at 2...Unless Athens beats Fairland tonight-LOL-Then they get the Nod...Since we are "speculating" here RAIDER

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No way Marietta drops below Meigs & New Lex. lol

The ECOL is a pretty tough conference - and Marietta's overall non conference schedule is solid as well. If they escape with a (15-7 or 14-8) record they won't drop below a No. 6 seed.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

[quote="93Bulldog"]No way Marietta drops below Meigs & New Lex. lol

The ECOL is a pretty tough conference - and Marietta's overall non conference schedule is solid as well. If they escape with a (15-7 or 14-8) record they won't drop below a No. 6 seed.[/quotei I'm new to all this Dog...But I am Learnin...Lol-Just "speculatin" and makin for conversation...Someone said there hadn't been a post in 36 hrs on SEOPREPS-So I'm doing my best to get Traffic Flowin...LOL

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The dates to keep en eye on

Athens at New Lex 1/17
Athens at Meigs 1/31

Of course the Athens at Warren game next Saturday is kind of important as well. And Athens at VC on 1/27

But as it stands today, there is not a lot of 'drama' at the Logan sectional like in years past. It's more of a 'horror' movie that is going to take place on Rt. 328 in February. The top 3 seeds seem interchangeable for the time being (Vinton, Warren, Fairfield Union) and the same for the bottom four (Marietta, Logan Elm, Meigs, New Lex). So it really doesn't matter much if you're 1-2-3 or 6-7-8. Unless you like a certain match-up better for your team - or want to avoid a possible (6) Marietta. That leaves 4-5 Athens and Sheridan, which makes no difference except for jersey color.

If Meigs beats Athens - or New Lex beats Athens on Tuesday - then all bets are off. lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

One a side note: Marietta deciding to go play in Cleveland - and not wanting to travel to Athens the next day to play the Bulldogs - may come back to haunt them. It could be the difference in being a 6 seed and having to play one of the top three or being in a 4/5 match-up. Had Marietta come down to Athens and beat the 'Dogs, it would have put the Tigers in a much better position!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote:One a side note: Marietta deciding to go play in Cleveland - and not wanting to travel to Athens the next day to play the Bulldogs - may come back to haunt them. It could be the difference in being a 6 seed and having to play one of the top three or being in a 4/5 match-up. Had Marietta come down to Athens and beat the 'Dogs, it would have put the Tigers in a much better position!
Good Point...As of now I hear Marietta Rescheduled for February 18th and the Meigs game is now February 11th???

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Yes, they play at Athens AFTER the draw now.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote:Yes, they play at Athens AFTER the draw now.
Now I get what you are "puttin down"...When Exactly is The Draw???

Return to “Boys Basketball”