D2 Logan Sectional

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: The D2 Logan Sectional

Post by Raider6309 »

The big seeding is on the other side. Vinton could have to face Chillicothe at the district semi final

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

All Vinton needs to keep an eye on are the D2 teams in cbus. Columbus South is eyeing the No. 1 seed & they will for sure pick to come down to the southeast for regionals. :)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

4 teams getting out....if so I'd rather be the 4 seed. Unioto, Miami Trace and Chillicothe all very good but if I'm coaching I want to avoid Chillicothe. The 4 seed will avoid Chillicothe longer

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If VC gets Chilli in rd 1 at the Convo & knocks them out - is an all Logan Sectional final 4 in the realm of possibility?

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote:4 teams getting out....if so I'd rather be the 4 seed. Unioto, Miami Trace and Chillicothe all very good but if I'm coaching I want to avoid Chillicothe. The 4 seed will avoid Chillicothe longer
What makes Chillicothe "scarier" than these other teams??-We know they gave VC a "scare"-But then again so did Meigs....Just curious on your Thought Process

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

VisionQuest wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:4 teams getting out....if so I'd rather be the 4 seed. Unioto, Miami Trace and Chillicothe all very good but if I'm coaching I want to avoid Chillicothe. The 4 seed will avoid Chillicothe longer
What makes Chillicothe "scarier" than these other teams??-We know they gave VC a "scare"-But then again so did Meigs....Just curious on your Thought Process
After seeing both Chillicothe and Meigs play VC. I feel Chillicothe would beat Meigs 8 of 10 times. As a VC fan I would rather play Meigs than Chillicothe come tourney time.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote:
I just feel as the season continues that Chillicothe is becoming better and better at basketball and their young players are gaining experience and becoming factors as needed. They play a tough tough schedule but are becoming more and more accustomed at playing in these bigger games.

Nothing against Miami Trace or Unioto....they are excellent teams that could be representing the SE in the regionals....but if I'm in the other sectional and I get a chance to avoid Chillicothe, I am.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:If VC gets Chilli in rd 1 at the Convo & knocks them out - is an all Logan Sectional final 4 in the realm of possibility?
The Logan sectional could very well have all 4 in the district finals....but they could also only see 1.

The key to all this is where Chiilicothe is seeded. Will the coaches in that sectional do the trash act of only looking at W-L and give them the 4?

Vinton Co vs Waverly
Fairfield Union vs Chillicothe
Warren Local vs Unioto
Athens vs Miami Trace

Right now this is my guess for how coaches will vote 1-4 and assuming no upsets. Those are some great ball games. Chillicothe being in the SCOL should help them avoid the #4 seed but their are no cakewalks to be had.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't care if Athens plays the Cleveland Cavaliers in the district, I just want Lutz to have an opportunity to play at the Convo before he graduates. lol

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote:I don't care if Athens plays the Cleveland Cavaliers in the district, I just want Lutz to have an opportunity to play at the Convo before he graduates. lol
Wasn't Ohio University looking at Lutz at one time??-Along with Dayton??....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Regional schedule

DII

(Worthington) central district champ vs Southeast district champ ... I can almost guarantee Columbus South will be coming out of Worthington.
East 1 vs East 2

DIII

East district vs Southeast 1
Columbus 2 vs Southeast 2

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote:Regional schedule

DII

(Worthington) central district champ vs Southeast district champ ... I can almost guarantee Columbus South will be coming out of Worthington.
East 1 vs East 2

DIII

That is from last year. We get 2 to the regionals this year and the East gets 1.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Lol well, maybe not, which would be an awesome move by the state and not surprising at all.

Although, both the SE and East district websites have it the other way, so hopefully it's just a typo and not the worst miscommunication in quite some time

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

It should be SE vs. SE and E vs. C.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

danicalifornia wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Regional schedule

DII

East 1 vs East 2

DIII

That is from last year. We get 2 to the regionals this year and the East gets 1.

Correct

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

THE D2 LOGAN SECTIONAL IS BRUTAL!!!!

THAT IS ALL

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote:Big one Saturday Athens at Warren. Winner gets the 3 seed and loser gets the 4 seed

Sheridan has to figure in that conversation at the 4 seed.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Absolutely. Sheridan plays at New Lex next Tuesday. If they win, I'd say they have the No. 4 on lockdown.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No. 5, imo, becomes the 'hot spot'. Athens, meigs, marietta & new lex all fighting for it from here on out.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

I am sure I saw Lutz play against Watterson in a regular season game at the Convo and the same year played against Unioto in the district.

Return to “Boys Basketball”