D2 Logan Sectional

Bronc21
All Conference

Re: The D2 Logan Sectional

Post by Bronc21 »

Raider6309 wrote:
Nuke LaLoosh wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Yes, Griffin played at the Convo as a 4th scoring option. I'd like to see him play their now as the leader of the team.
That 4th scoring option led the team in a game at Akron St. Vincent St. Mary's that season, if I recall.
No Joe Burrow carried Athens vs Akron SVSM both games.

At SVSM it was Joe Burrow vs Jalen Hudson
At Athens is was Joe Burrow vs Henry Baddley

Best male athlete since art schlichter from this area
Schlichter was mid 70's. Garin veris of chillicothe (80's) without a doubt the best athlete in the area in the last 50 years. All American in football,basketball,and track All American in football at Stanford and defensive rookie of the year (NFL) and if he could have played baseball in high school would have probably been an all American in that sport too. Could hit the ball a country mile

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Garin Veris definitely succeeded one and off the field. Played football at Stanford and the NFL. Received his law degree. I was hoping he would stay ad at Chillicothe but I think he's AD for a Massachusetts or New York school

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

danicalifornia wrote:
bman wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:
New Lex and Marietta will be .500 or less, so I see it more as Athens, Sheridan, Meigs working that 4-5 slot. For my money this is a 1-5 are dangerous, I do not think the match-ups favor any of 6+. I do believe that the Logan Sectional is tougher. Outside of Chillicothe and MT the rest of those schools play down size wise game in and game out.
Circleville, although struggling a lot right now and likely to be in the 7-10 play-in round, primarily plays a D2 schedule.
Same with Washington, their non league schedule is really tough. Unioto's entire non league schedule is D1/D2, although their league schedule is a lot of weaker D3's, so they qualify for the playing down overall.

Yes, Unioto has a challenging non-league schedule that is up on weight class, much like Vinton's, it's the league that presents the issue when they have a really solid team.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Much like Vinton's? Who have the Vikes played and who are they going to play? I love coach Combs and I'll be cheering for them to make a strong tournament run - but in no way, shape or form does this schedule prepare them for Columbus South or Beechcroft or even the East District champion, whoever that may be. I'm sure they will be fine, each stage of the tournament prepares you for the next step - but for arguments sake - that schedule is very, very weak.

12/2 Piketon 68-49 W
12/9 Nelsonville-York 69-48 W
12/13 at Athens 78-59 W
12/16 at Wellston 69-38 W
12/20 River Valley 87-68 W
12/23 at Zane Trace 79-49 W
12/27 Southeastern 70-54 W
1/3 at Chillicothe 62-58 W *
1/6 Jackson 90-60 W
1/10 Logan 77-54 W
1/13 Meigs 64-56 W
1/16 Maysville 88-64 W
1/20 at Alexander
1/24 at Nelsonville-York
1/27 Athens
1/31 at Jackson
2/3 at Meigs
2/7 at River Valley
2/10 Alexander
2/11 at Logan
2/14 at Miami Trace *
2/17 Wellston

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Falcon01 wrote:What are the dates for the sectional at Logan? Moving to Wright Patterson from California in 3 weeks. I want to watch these games this year if possible. And for sure basketball:30!!
Falcon01........looks like the Logan Sectional starts Feb. 21st with the 8 v 9 game and then the rest of the games are the 24th and 25th.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:Much like Vinton's? Who have the Vikes played and who are they going to play? I love coach Combs and I'll be cheering for them to make a strong tournament run - but in no way, shape or form does this schedule prepare them for Columbus South or Beechcroft or even the East District champion, whoever that may be. I'm sure they will be fine, each stage of the tournament prepares you for the next step - but for arguments sake - that schedule is very, very weak.

12/2 Piketon 68-49 W
12/9 Nelsonville-York 69-48 W
12/13 at Athens 78-59 W
12/16 at Wellston 69-38 W
12/20 River Valley 87-68 W
12/23 at Zane Trace 79-49 W
12/27 Southeastern 70-54 W
1/3 at Chillicothe 62-58 W *
1/6 Jackson 90-60 W
1/10 Logan 77-54 W
1/13 Meigs 64-56 W
1/16 Maysville 88-64 W
1/20 at Alexander
1/24 at Nelsonville-York
1/27 Athens
1/31 at Jackson
2/3 at Meigs
2/7 at River Valley
2/10 Alexander
2/11 at Logan
2/14 at Miami Trace *
2/17 Wellston
Just out of curiosity, what are the teams in Bold for?

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

I guess my question is why is Fairfield Union not in the topic of being able to get to the regionals. This is a very good, well rounded team. They play a tough schedule with very tough games still to come. Some of the teams that are being talked about as in Sheridan, New Lex, Logan Elm and Unioto -- FU beat them all. Sometimes it seems that they don't get much respect in the SE. Yes my kid plays for them and I am a little biased but they are pretty good and I think they can compete with anyone in the SE.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

tvc fan

Teams in bold are teams that are in - or have been in - Pfloyds elite 8.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I am curious, Will the games Meigs played in Tennessee be any factor at all, if there is a strength of schedule taken into consideration. The reason I ask is because there really is noway to know how the teams we faced would compare to up here. Only have stats like this.

For instance..Holly Pond is now 22-1 (only loss was to us-they play 30 games in Alabama)
Take a look at their winning Margins...I would say they would compete up here.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/ho ... l/home.htm

Hayden Al is now 14-3 in which one loss was from us

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/ha ... l/home.htm

And we won't talk about the first team we played, Cannon County, I don't think they have a win yet.

Just curious if beating those teams are meaningless or just a great memory for the Meigs people

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Smeltzy wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:What are the dates for the sectional at Logan? Moving to Wright Patterson from California in 3 weeks. I want to watch these games this year if possible. And for sure basketball:30!!
Falcon01........looks like the Logan Sectional starts Feb. 21st with the 8 v 9 game and then the rest of the games are the 24th and 25th.

I'M IN!

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

93Bulldog wrote:tvc fan

Teams in bold are teams that are in - or have been in - Pfloyds elite 8.
Logan made it in once..

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Bball4 wrote:I guess my question is why is Fairfield Union not in the topic of being able to get to the regionals. This is a very good, well rounded team. They play a tough schedule with very tough games still to come. Some of the teams that are being talked about as in Sheridan, New Lex, Logan Elm and Unioto -- FU beat them all. Sometimes it seems that they don't get much respect in the SE. Yes my kid plays for them and I am a little biased but they are pretty good and I think they can compete with anyone in the SE.

Personally I think most on here definitely respect FU, especially Woodside. Problem is most on here won't actually see FU play until tourney time, so most don't have a reason to chime in. It's this way with FU in pretty much every sport. FU would need to use their non conference to schedule teams from the SE, so more would see them, BUT I would not make that move. Fu's non conference schedule, playing good teams from the Central, is what they need to continue to do!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bball4 wrote:I guess my question is why is Fairfield Union not in the topic of being able to get to the regionals. This is a very good, well rounded team. They play a tough schedule with very tough games still to come. Some of the teams that are being talked about as in Sheridan, New Lex, Logan Elm and Unioto -- FU beat them all. Sometimes it seems that they don't get much respect in the SE. Yes my kid plays for them and I am a little biased but they are pretty good and I think they can compete with anyone in the SE.
The Falcons are a very good team and anybody who overlooks them will get knocked off. They are talented and very well coached and will likely be the 2/3 seed at Logan where I believe that they will advance. I also think that they would be favored over anyone but Vinton County out of teams from the SE in D2. I just think that they are so far North and in a league that doesn't get a lot of talk on here that people just tend to forget about them unless they have seen them in person.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I didn't forget about FU.

I do, however, think Fairfield Union vs Warren would be a 'pick em' in Vegas. lol

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

93Bulldog wrote:I didn't forget about FU.

I do, however, think Fairfield Union vs Warren would be a 'pick em' in Vegas. lol

I feel like Warren and FU always play in the tourney , so I fully expect this to happen. Even played in the tourney when I was in school. Easily the most physical game I ever played in

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

There is a part of me that wants FU to get credit and then there is the other part of me that wants FU to fly under the radar. None the less FU can pkay. Several big games coming down the pipe in the next 2 weeks! I look forward to seeing what they are really made of.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Just some interesting Numbers.

Boys Enrollment Numbers

Marietta-----------302
Warren ------------290
Athens ------------286
Sheridan ----------269
Vinton County ---263
Fairfield Union---244
Logan Elm -------231
New Lexington ---220
Meigs --------------196

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

tvc_fan wrote:Just some interesting Numbers.

Boys Enrollment Numbers

Marietta-----------302
Warren ------------290
Athens ------------286
Sheridan ----------269
Vinton County ---263
Fairfield Union---244
Logan Elm -------231
New Lexington ---220
Meigs --------------196
Makes VC and FU look even more impressive.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Ironman92 wrote:

Boys Enrollment Numbers

Marietta-----------302
Warren ------------290
Athens ------------286
Sheridan ----------269
Vinton County ---263
Fairfield Union---244
Logan Elm -------231
New Lexington ---220
Meigs --------------196
Yes it does.

If I'm not mistaken, hasn't the recount already taken place that happens every 2 years? I'm pretty sure Meigs will go back down to D3, This years Senior Class was a big one.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

tvc_fan wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

Boys Enrollment Numbers

Marietta-----------302
Warren ------------290
Athens ------------286
Sheridan ----------269
Vinton County ---263
Fairfield Union---244
Logan Elm -------231
New Lexington ---220
Meigs --------------196
Yes it does.

If I'm not mistaken, hasn't the recount already taken place that happens every 2 years? I'm pretty sure Meigs will go back down to D3, This years Senior Class was a big one.
Who knows. It depends on how the competitive balance effects things. I like to consider myself intelligent about those things and I can't figure it out at all lol

It looks like a lot of schools could make a move one way or another. I could see Chillicothe jumping back to D1, while Fairland and Zane Trace could be a couple of new D2 schools.

Return to “Boys Basketball”