D2 Southeastern Sectional

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Southeastern D2 Sectional

Post by smurray »

Waverly is 9-3 with the loss to Minford. Two straight losses on the road.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote:Waverly is 9-3 with the loss to Minford. Two straight losses on the road.
I would find any Sectional final featuring the Tigers to be must-see. Their style is very up and down and with the athletes on the floor in D2, it would be really fun to see.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If Chillicothe wasn't in SCOL it's hard to imagine where they'd put them....be like South Webster in the D4 Valley sectional over the years

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Anyone besides Chillicothe play tonight? They host Marion Franklin and it is their Hall of Fame Night, which is ridiculously loaded. They should win that one, IMO.

Did a quick search and got Hillsboro at Western Brown and Waverly vs West Union at North Adams. Anyone else?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly loses to West Union today, buzzer beater in OT - NO WAY SHOULD THAT HAPPEN. The Tigers have lost 3 or their last 4 and sit at 10-4.
Waverly better figure it out quick and go on a run before the draw.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

danicalifornia wrote:Anyone besides Chillicothe play tonight? They host Marion Franklin and it is their Hall of Fame Night, which is ridiculously loaded. They should win that one, IMO.

Did a quick search and got Hillsboro at Western Brown and Waverly vs West Union at North Adams. Anyone else?

Wrong Marion.....I was thinking this was Harding...
Last edited by whsball on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

whsball wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Anyone besides Chillicothe play tonight? They host Marion Franklin and it is their Hall of Fame Night, which is ridiculously loaded. They should win that one, IMO.

MF is really solid. If Chilly wins, it's a good win. MF beats everyone in SCOL.
Chilli won by 28 tonight. But I also heard that Mf was 3-9 coming in to tonight? Any truth? Also heard they beat WCH by 12 or so too though. Either way I will take the W!!! I know I'm beating an old drum on this on here but my CAVS are playing great ball. Wherever we end up we will be a tough out.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Circleville now stands at 5-9 after going 1-1 in the Wellington Classic.

Chillicothe and Miami Trace are the two teams I'd try to avoid in this sectional.

1. MT 2. Chillicothe 3. Unioto 4. Waverly 5. WCH 6. Gallia 7. Jackson 8. Greenfield 9. Circleville 10. Hillsboro

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Glad to see the Cavs playing well, some great matchups with the Trojans in the past, Im a fan

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bman wrote:Circleville now stands at 5-9 after going 1-1 in the Wellington Classic.

Chillicothe and Miami Trace are the two teams I'd try to avoid in this sectional.

1. MT 2. Chillicothe 3. Unioto 4. Waverly 5. WCH 6. Gallia 7. Jackson 8. Greenfield 9. Circleville 10. Hillsboro
Why Gallia over Jackson and why Greenfield over Cville?

Definitely close

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

I would think right now it is because Gallia is 8 and 4.
They have road games this week with Chesapeake and rock hill two games they could win if they play well.
Sitting at 10 and 4 would give them the upper hand right now I am sure on the 6 seed if not 5.

They are the odd team out though with 5 of those teams voting being in the same league and a 6th to be with them next year.

I know Jackson beat Gallia by 3 at home this year. How many losses do you think Jackson will have by vote time?
The other meeting at Gallia I believe is after the draw. Not positive of Jackson's remaining schedule.
Who knows how it will turn out but should be some interesting games and changes in peoples minds over the next few weeks.

Fun time of year for sure.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:
whsball wrote:

MF is really solid. If Chilly wins, it's a good win. MF beats everyone in SCOL.
Chilli won by 28 tonight. But I also heard that Mf was 3-9 coming in to tonight? Any truth? Also heard they beat WCH by 12 or so too though. Either way I will take the W!!! I know I'm beating an old drum on this on here but my CAVS are playing great ball. Wherever we end up we will be a tough out.

WCH didn't play Marion Franklin- played Marion Harding. Franklin is not very good. Chilly is legit.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bring the Heat wrote:I would think right now it is because Gallia is 8 and 4.
They have road games this week with Chesapeake and rock hill two games they could win if they play well.
Sitting at 10 and 4 would give them the upper hand right now I am sure on the 6 seed if not 5.

They are the odd team out though with 5 of those teams voting being in the same league and a 6th to be with them next year.

I know Jackson beat Gallia by 3 at home this year. How many losses do you think Jackson will have by vote time?
The other meeting at Gallia I believe is after the draw. Not positive of Jackson's remaining schedule.
Who knows how it will turn out but should be some interesting games and changes in peoples minds over the next few weeks.

Fun time of year for sure.
I agree Gallia with some easier games and Jackson with some tougher game will lead to Gallia being above Jackson. Does Gallia have the easiest schedule in this sectional? Jackson definitely has plenty of easy games and I'm not saying they play a tough schedule...but I don't believe Gallia would only have 4 losses playing @Vinton Co, @Athens, @Meigs, @Alexander, @Waverly, @Mindord ,Wheelersburg,Warren Local, Unioto and South Webster

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

I agree with that no doubt. the benefit of a league schedule with several winnable games in there.
Non conference pretty favorable for them also.

I saw where Waverly lost to West Union last night they could slip a couple spots If they don't get it turned around.
Haven't seen many West Union scores but thinking they are aren't real strong this year,

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bring the Heat wrote:I agree with that no doubt. the benefit of a league schedule with several winnable games in there.
Non conference pretty favorable for them also.

I saw where Waverly lost to West Union last night they could slip a couple spots If they don't get it turned around.
Haven't seen many West Union scores but thinking they are aren't real strong this year,
It was a great win for West Union. They have struggled and were 2-9 I think. Day before that Waverly just held on to beat West who was I think 2-8 and recently beat Valley by 1 and Valley 1-9....and just lost to Alexander by 30

Waverly going the wrong way but I feel they'll get it back going before the tournament.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly is at Oak Hill Tuesday so they don't have much time to get it together. I think if the Tigers can put an entire game together, play some defense and hit their FT's, they have a chance of giving the Oaks their first loss of the season.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

MT v Wilmington.. this could lock up the 1 seed in Southeastern Sectional.
Gallia @ Chesapeake ...they'll move to 9-4
Washington v EC
McClain v Chillicothe
HIllsboro v Clinton Massie
Circleville v Amanda CC
Waverly @ Oak Hill

Unioto and Jackson are idle

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MT loses a tight one to Wilmington

Waverly loses at Oak Hill

Gallia Academy beat Chesapeake by 4

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hillsboro loses a close one to Clinton Massie

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe Wins 65-44 at Greenfield Chilli has now won 6 out of the last 7 with their only loss coming at the hands of Pickerington Central ! Cavs are playing great ball down the stretch .

Return to “Boys Basketball”