SEOP

Re: Officiating

Post by formerfcfan »

Indeed.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote:Was at the Rock Hill @ Portsmouth game this past Friday. Great reffing in both the JV game and the varsity game. Treg Lee was one of the three man crew on the varsity, he and his two counterparts were very consistent and what I felt very good, a good called game that was called both ways. The JV game was a close game and I felt called very good as well, the Allison guy was one of the refs in that game and a younger guy whose name I don't know, but again both were spot on in my opinion.

Being a ref is a tough gig, they are a many times the scapegoat. I always tell my sons to get over the refereeing if they perceive it is bad. You just need to learn to adapt to their calls and keep playing - the game stays the same. There will always be good refs, coaches, teachers, bosses etc...Likewise there will always be not so good refs, coaches, teachers, bosses etc...Learn to deal with it!! LOL

+1 and I applaud how you approach the topic with your children. Need more of this!!!!

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Crab's Brother wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:
PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote:Was at the Rock Hill @ Portsmouth game this past Friday. Great reffing in both the JV game and the varsity game. Treg Lee was one of the three man crew on the varsity, he and his two counterparts were very consistent and what I felt very good, a good called game that was called both ways. The JV game was a close game and I felt called very good as well, the Allison guy was one of the refs in that game and a younger guy whose name I don't know, but again both were spot on in my opinion.

Being a ref is a tough gig, they are a many times the scapegoat. I always tell my sons to get over the refereeing if they perceive it is bad. You just need to learn to adapt to their calls and keep playing - the game stays the same. There will always be good refs, coaches, teachers, bosses etc...Likewise there will always be not so good refs, coaches, teachers, bosses etc...Learn to deal with it!! LOL
Treg Lee is a good official and an even nicer guy. I always enjoyed him reffing for us; awesome!
Is this former Buckeye, Treg Lee?
Yes it is. Great player, great ref. Seems to be an even better person, very interactive with the players and cheerleaders seemed to truly enjoy what he was doing.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote:

One of my favorite quotes.
“Don’t allow things that you can’t control, affect things that you can control.”

Spot on!!

Preppy
Waterboy

Post by Preppy »

Something I do not want any part of. My skin is not thick enough to take the verbal abuse that is given out to these crews every night now days.
I agree with Ironman92; I have seen Phipps & his crew multiple times & I also think they are one of the better crews around. Bub Norris, the young Derrow kid & their crew I also think do a nice job. And most recent I watched Wells, Linkus & I think the other guy announced was Jones? I only seen them the one game but thought they did a very nice job also. There are alot a lot of negative I have seen this year but I will not post any names on the negative side of things.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Preppy wrote:Something I do not want any part of. My skin is not thick enough to take the verbal abuse that is given out to these crews every night now days.
I agree with Ironman92; I have seen Phipps & his crew multiple times & I also think they are one of the better crews around. Bub Norris, the young Derrow kid & their crew I also think do a nice job. And most recent I watched Wells, Linkus & I think the other guy announced was Jones? I only seen them the one game but thought they did a very nice job also. There are alot a lot of negative I have seen this year but I will not post any names on the negative side of things.
Wells, Linkous and Jones are very good as well. I never get to see them much though.

Jared (sp) Norris still doing games? He is very good. Derrow excellent as well.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Saw Tregg ref some last spring and nobody gave him any crap!

Return to “Boys Basketball”