Post by Orange and Brown »

Vinton County by 20

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
SkiPopLover
Riding the Bench

Re: Meigs @ Vinton County, 1/13

Post by SkiPopLover »

VC by 25+. Meigs could stay in it with a great shooting night & great team defense, but the chances of VC allowing that are slim to none.

Good luck to both teams. Hoping for an injury free game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Vinton by a lot

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Upset of the year coming up.

Meigs 73
VC 70

:)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VC 81-60

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

tvc_fan wrote:Upset of the year coming up.

Meigs 73
VC 70

:)
I don't think so.....but.....it would be one hell of a game to watch if your prediction is correct

Best of luck to both teams.....

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Meigs has played better ball as of late but VC to strong at home. VC- 77 Meigs 55
Also, heard that VC games can be streamed online now. If you go to Vinton county basketball on facebook there are directions to get the games.

bradvcfan
Freshman Team

Post by bradvcfan »

Vc to tuff meigs hasnt played any one .vc bye 20

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

bradvcfan wrote:Vc to tuff meigs hasnt played any one .vc bye 20
No, they only won a tough tournament in Tennessee and upset a undefeated 16-0 Holly Pond team in which is now 19-1
and won Championship game against a Hayden Alabama team that was 8-2 and now 11-3.

I know there is no way to tell how good those team would fare up here, but they were some good ball clubs and Holly Pond could I think could easily be at the top of our leagues up here.

All cylinders were hitting down there, since coming back we have only been hitting on one or two cylinders with Eastern and Southern...Hopefully we will hit on all cylinders tomorrow and pull of the upset.

bradvcfan
Freshman Team

Post by bradvcfan »

Good luck

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

VC by 30. Too fast and will kill a zone.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

tvc_fan wrote:
No, they only won a tough tournament in Tennessee and upset a undefeated 16-0 Holly Pond team in which is now 19-1
and won Championship game against a Hayden Alabama team that was 8-2 and now 11-3.

I know there is no way to tell how good those team would fare up here, but they were some good ball clubs and Holly Pond could I think could easily be at the top of our leagues up here.

All cylinders were hitting down there, since coming back we have only been hitting on one or two cylinders with Eastern and Southern...Hopefully we will hit on all cylinders tomorrow and pull of the upset.
No matter their records unless they have some McDonalds all American or something we simply have nothing to base those wins on. They might both have been 15-0 but we don't have any clue of what either are playing....if Meigs beats a SE district team we can use a lot more comparisons to help us gather how good Meigs is. In my head from what I know of the teams Meigs has played that they'll be fortunate not to be down 30 points at some point of the game at VC....and if that happens Meigs will continue to be what I deem Meigs to be until proven otherwise. If Meigs is down 30-24 at half and pulls to within 2 in the 3rd and stays with them until later in the 4th and VC wins 70-59....yeah, Meigs is clearly better to everyone and not just those watching every game....but the games in Tennessee really don't tell us folks in SE Ohio very much. Sounds like they played well and likely gained a lot of confidence and I'm sure was a great experience for the kids.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Ironman92 wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:

No matter their records unless they have some McDonalds all American or something we simply have nothing to base those wins on. They might both have been 15-0 but we don't have any clue of what either are playing....if Meigs beats a SE district team we can use a lot more comparisons to help us gather how good Meigs is. In my head from what I know of the teams Meigs has played that they'll be fortunate not to be down 30 points at some point of the game at VC....and if that happens Meigs will continue to be what I deem Meigs to be until proven otherwise. If Meigs is down 30-24 at half and pulls to within 2 in the 3rd and stays with them until later in the 4th and VC wins 70-59....yeah, Meigs is clearly better to everyone and not just those watching every game....but the games in Tennessee really don't tell us folks in SE Ohio very much. Sounds like they played well and likely gained a lot of confidence and I'm sure was a great experience for the kids.
Oak Hill beat Meigs by 22 in December at URG in a game that Meigs only scored 40 pts. If Meigs doesn't put 70 on the board and play some good defense this will easily be a 20+ point win by the Vikings.

Bobbabooey
Waterboy

Post by Bobbabooey »

tvc_fan wrote:

You should change your name to Meigs_fan

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Bobbabooey wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:

You should change your name to Meigs_fan
Thanks for your concern on what my name should be.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

There was a good point about a zone defense. I know nothing about Meigs. But I know that any particular team could be one of the better teams in SEO, but if that school has to play a zone, they're probably done. VC on most nights will absolutely destroy a zone defense.

And then comes the hassle of, if you can't play a zone, can you matchup? Hard task for any team. I also believe that VC winning by 20, doesn't mean the other team isn't good. They've beat some quality teams by a lot.

bradvcfan
Freshman Team

Post by bradvcfan »

VC 18
Meigs 11
1Q

bradvcfan
Freshman Team

Post by bradvcfan »

VC 34
Meigs 23
Halftime

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I have never seen so many traveling calls in my life for both teams....not even in biddy league.

Return to “Boys Basketball”