AP Poll

rickoshay
SEOP

Re: AP Poll

Post by rickoshay »

donaldtrump wrote:Look people, Rankings and all-state teams are basically a popularity contest and reputation of the school, coach, or player...It's a rigged system ! I won the election even though the media {reporters} told you I was behind.....and yes I will build that wall.....life is rigged.......There are so many kids that are as good as or better than the all-state selections every year IN EVERY SPORT.. Same holds true for Teams.....The difference is their coach didn't push for them or their team wasn't any good...There's several reasons....But one reason always holds supreme....Who do u have helping you....MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! " I'm The Donald and I approve this Message"
What's in that pipe you're smoking? And those rose colored glass' will have to go. :shock:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

New Poll is out.

D2 Vinton Co is 6th and Fairfield Union 17th

D3 Oak Hill 4th and Fairland 7th

D4 Waterford 8th

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Ironman92 wrote:New Poll is out.

D4 Waterford 8th

Ironman92, you better watch out mentioning those rankings. Certain fans get a little defensive. I mentioned the Oaks and ranks a couple of weeks ago and a member got a little excited and preached to me about whining about ranks, scheduling and insulting Pfloyd (which I didn't by the way). Soooo rather than arguing, I just sit back, kept my mouth shut and let the Oaks do the talking with their game. Seems to working out. :lol:
Last edited by Oaktown on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Oaktown wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:New Poll is out.

D4 Waterford 8th

Ironman92, you better watch out mentioning those rankings. Fairland gets a little defensive. I mentioned the Oaks and ranks a couple of weeks ago and Dragonslair got a little excited and preached to me about whining about ranks, scheduling and insulting Pfloyd (which I didn't by the way). Soooo rather than arguing, I just sit back, kept my mouth shut and let the Oaks do the talking with their game. Seems to working out. :lol:

This post is definitely you sitting back and keeping your mouth shut.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Haha! Couldn't help it. First post in two weeks. I took the high road long enough.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

donaldtrump wrote:Look people, Rankings and all-state teams are basically a popularity contest and reputation of the school, coach, or player...It's a rigged system ! I won the election even though the media {reporters} told you I was behind.....and yes I will build that wall.....life is rigged.......There are so many kids that are as good as or better than the all-state selections every year IN EVERY SPORT.. Same holds true for Teams.....The difference is their coach didn't push for them or their team wasn't any good...There's several reasons....But one reason always holds supreme....Who do u have helping you....MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! " I'm The Donald and I approve this Message"
Yes, but your real name is...Richard Cranium ;)

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Hey, I'm happy for Fairland and hope Van Horn can get healthy and make it back quickly. I hate to see any kid have to go through that, especially with the opportunity they have to finish a great season. I wish them the best this season. I just wish that respect was mutual with some of their fanbase.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It's just showing what SE district teams are being recognized within the AP writers poll.

Not speaking of any 1 person but people sure get their feelings hurt on here easily. I give my opinion on here a lot because discussion keeps it fun. Sometimes I'm wrong...not a big deal. I predict and guess and not trying to disrespect any team or program and some get all tore up.

I don't think VC is 11 spots better than FU and I don't think OH is better than Fairland....but I'm wrong all the time. I've been around these sites for a long time...a lot of things have changed. The lack of people who post really amplify when there are a few that get all hot and bothered by stuff said on here. The sad part is each thread might have 5 members contributing and 10 "members" eagle eyeing what is being said and ready to pounce.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Ironman92 wrote:It's just showing what SE district teams are being recognized within the AP writers poll.

Not speaking of any 1 person but people sure get their feelings hurt on here easily. I give my opinion on here a lot because discussion keeps it fun. Sometimes I'm wrong...not a big deal. I predict and guess and not trying to disrespect any team or program and some get all tore up.

I don't think VC is 11 spots better than FU and I don't think OH is better than Fairland....but I'm wrong all the time. I've been around these sites for a long time...a lot of things have changed. The lack of people who post really amplify when there are a few that get all hot and bothered by stuff said on here. The sad part is each thread might have 5 members contributing and 10 "members" eagle eyeing what is being said and ready to pounce.
I agree 100% with this post. I was honestly just poking fun with my post above (as I do most of the time). The discussion I was referring too a couple weeks back was getting a little too heated for me so I just left it. I think Pfloyds rankings are about as accurate as you can get with a spot or two margin of error. He does a fantastic job and really puts in a ton of road time to be as accurate as he can and it's greatly appreciated. I completely agree with his current Elite 8/9. We all know the AP rankings will continue to change throughout the season and who knows at this point where teams will finish.

I just think there is a way to respectfully have discussions without "digging down the bottom of the trashcan" to pull out a disrespectful comment. You can discuss teams flaws without being disrespectful to the players, coaches and fans. I feel like you have no right to come onto this site and demand respect if you, yourself aren't willing to give it. Just my two cents which are worth less than a penny.

Dragon's Lair
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragon's Lair »

Looks like I hurt somebody's feelings :lol:

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

[quote="Dragon's Lair"]Looks like I hurt somebody's feelings :lol:[/

Now that's "laughable". :lol:

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Sorry, I think you took a wrong turn on the discussion board. This is the adult room. The children's discussion board is the one titled "Athens vs. Fairland". :D

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Fairland would not only give Oak Hill a beat down, if they played 10 times this year they'd get beat 10 times....If oak hill played Fairland and their schedule their record would be more like 7-6 or worse.......

I'M DONALD TRUMP AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE!!

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

donaldtrump wrote:Fairland would not only give Oak Hill a beat down, if they played 10 times this year they'd get beat 10 times....If oak hill played Fairland and their schedule their record would be more like 7-6 or worse.......

Shoulds, coulds and woulds. Just words my friend until there is an actual game. That's the beauty of the game of basketball and what sets it apart from other sports, any team on any given night can stun you. Could happen to the Oaks any night the same as it could Fairland.

Dragon's Lair
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragon's Lair »

donaldtrump wrote:Fairland would not only give Oak Hill a beat down, if they played 10 times this year they'd get beat 10 times....If oak hill played Fairland and their schedule their record would be more like 7-6 or worse.......

Saw where Oak Hill beat Columbus Girls school of the Blind the other night to go to 38-0. They have Green's 8th grade team this week. They might be the #1 ranked team in the state next Monday!

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

lol

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Dragon's Lair wrote:

Saw where Oak Hill beat Columbus Girls school of the Blind the other night to go to 38-0. They have Green's 8th grade team this week. They might be the #1 ranked team in the state next Monday!
So that means they will ranked higher than Fairland too then right??? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Dragon's Lair wrote:

Awww, looks like the little fella got his feelings hurt. I remember someone telling me to not whine about rankings a couple of weeks ago. :lol: :lol:

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Hoping to see Oak Hill and Fairland meet this year. Let it be settled on the court.

97Dragon
Waterboy

Post by 97Dragon »

I definitely think Fairland has more talent top to bottom but I played against several Norm Persin teams while at Fairland and you won't find much better as far as coaches go.

Return to “Boys Basketball”