Beasts of the Southeast : January 14, 2017

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Beasts of the Southeast : January 14, 2017

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dragons16 wrote:Vision quest makes it sound like it was just a game but when Pfloyd is in the house it's bigger than just a game! GO DRAGONS!!
Oh great, lets not give him a bigger head than he already has. Next he'll be setting up autograph booths outside gymnasiums.

:mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

And don't forget about TrojanDave! He was in the house as well. Pfloyd is just famous - Dave is a legend!

lol

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:If there is a Film of this game you should definitely take a look at it....my observations will be proven-And there is a difference between "cheering" and holding your hands to your mouth and shouting toward the Bench of the
Opposing team as loud as you can to cause disruption for the opposing team-but hey whatever it takes to Win...also to note-when the fans were ejected Athens was on Fast Breaks and in Transition and the Refs had to stop the game....So again whatever it takes

Your vision is skewed here because you are defending your husband and son, can't get much more biased than that. Proof that you are complaining that the Fairland fans sat behind your team in the stands, when it appears from another poster that was the assigned side of the gym. That's a pretty petty complaint.

Ummmm Sorry visionquest is not the wife of the coach, sorry buddy, that's me lol.

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wish I could've been there. These two teams are great to watch. A ton of talent on the floor at all times. Athens SEEMED to lose composure (maybe I'm way off)...facing a tough and athletic press can cause havoc. Even if they aren't turning it over they are often upping the pace and often the pressed team gets it across half court going quicker than they have the whole game and take shots that seem open but not in the flow of the game.

Athens will be better for this. They have faced another great tourney type opponent and have something specific they can work on. Closing out games against great teams takes a ton of mental toughness...going back and forth with the crowd is not recommended.

Fairland improves with this also. A great comeback without Van Horn. Other players are forced into a greater role. They'll be even better when he returns.

I did see posted that Athens was called for 10 consecutive fouls while they had a 6-10 point lead for most of it. Can someone verify this and describe the play a bit? I am not blaming any ref but am curious of the style of play. Did Fairland drive the lane more to get the fouls? It was said Fairland pressed and it is commonplace and understood...when you have the lead late and other team is pressing, they really let them play and you have to be really strong in taking care of the ball.

Great matchup and good luck to both

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:If there is a Film of this game you should definitely take a look at it....my observations will be proven-And there is a difference between "cheering" and holding your hands to your mouth and shouting toward the Bench of the
Opposing team as loud as you can to cause disruption for the opposing team-but hey whatever it takes to Win...also to note-when the fans were ejected Athens was on Fast Breaks and in Transition and the Refs had to stop the game....So again whatever it takes

Your vision is skewed here because you are defending your husband and son, can't get much more biased than that. Proof that you are complaining that the Fairland fans sat behind your team in the stands, when it appears from another poster that was the assigned side of the gym. That's a pretty petty complaint.
Im seeing a pattern with you here Barlow-you have a Beef with someone??-obvious from your remarks on this post and your "veiled" remarks on the post about being a Coach's Kid...whats the Beef with Athens???...And no I wasn't talking about the "inner city kids"-I was talking about the parents and fans-It was an example-A real life situation

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:Now see I make a statement not saying names or calling anyone out or any teams out and you go and get personal...I listened to the game on the radio, Athens people and they never one time mentioned fans being horrible.

My point is, 2 people bickering back and forth will never end and not what SEOP is for. Trying to identify someone from the boards as one of the fans....thats funny, I might have been the guy in the red jacket cheering Athens on....geesh.
Lets see here-Open Forum about Basketball... Basketball is a game-Several integral parts and factors concerning this game-Players, Coaches, Officials and Fans-In real life we have Observations, perceptions, Bias and unbiased opinions and Facts....Seems all of this comes into play-Mix in some Emotion and a whole lot of Passion and This here is what we have-Makes for some interesting Reading on this Fine Sunday morning if I do say so myself-You Carry On now and have a Great Day-Athens and Meigs gonna be a Good One....

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Too bad Fairland is D3. Be fun to watch them play Athens at the convo. Athens and Fairland are two good teams. Athens goes 10 deep and Fairland has three kids that can take over the game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Will the 6'8 kid be back this year? Athens seemed to score at will in the paint

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Fans getting tossed is an embarrassment for the school,community and players no matter what the situation. Great game by both teams that should help them going forward.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Raider6309 wrote:Will the 6'8 kid be back this year? Athens seemed to score at will in the paint
I've heard and seen a few other posters that they hope to have him back by the end of the regular season or start of tourney play

ROLL PEAKE
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I hope van horn gets back before the tourney! At the end of the day, I want any southeast district team to do well in the post season. I have my state tournament tix already in hand, I want somebody to cheer for in cbus!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Wow, a person says officials are cheating "athens was hosed" and I admonish the constant blaming of officials and all the sudden I have something against Athens.

funny part is you aren't the one who said it, but you sure are defending it. Why don't you just give Fairlands kids a little credit and move on.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Thanks for all the people who attended the Beasts of the Southeast Sat. Good to see some of our SEOPS people pfloyd, trojandave., 93bulldog and others I sure. Weather kind of affected attendance but had a packed house for Athens Fairland game.
Trojandave.. I said I would be back on. See you when we play your Trojans.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

To put on an event like this takes a lot of work. A lot of people donating their time and energy is just great. Hats off to all that makes this a fun time for teams and their fans . I would like to see more of these in SEO with good matchups . Makes SEO Basketball second to none . Good luck to all the teams going forward!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote:Thanks for all the people who attended the Beasts of the Southeast Sat. Good to see some of our SEOPS people pfloyd, trojandave., 93bulldog and others I sure. Weather kind of affected attendance but had a packed house for Athens Fairland game.
Trojandave.. I said I would be back on. See you when we play your Trojans.

... peake71 !!! you made it !!! ... it was great to make the 2 hour journey to Chesapeake again this year - as long as I'm still kicking it will be an annual destination for the pfloyd tour - you folks are simply the best ... great hoops, great people, great food AND I'm surrounded by Purple & White !!! it's home away from home LOL ... I get so much support from the fine folks on the river - every year I meet more and more parents of players past and present from ALL teams ... Gage Rhoades came up to where I was sitting Saturday - I hadn't met him before - he just wanted to meet me and thank me for the prayers I said for him last year as he battled with his own health issue - he put a smile on my face just knowing that something I did through this website HE remembered and appreciated ... it's a credit to Coach Davis, his family and the folks he himself has been surrounded by growing up in Chesapeake ... he doesn't realize that the pleasure is all mine - being able to watch, enjoy what Gage and his teammates did out on the court ... it's those things - the interaction with the kids/parents/friends/coaches/players that make what I do worth doing - making moments and memories ...

... peake71 - sure was good to see YOU standing there when I walked through the doors - I was worried on the way down that I would get bad news about you my friend ... great to see you, Coach Davis and all of the folks who put this great event together every year for the last 8 years ... you ALL are the best ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens has been apart of two very good games down at Chesapeake.

Nothing beats Luehram getting fouled and a Valley player getting a technical and Burrow shot all 4 free throws. Of course he did that in a tied overtime game :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”