Riding the Bench

Portsmouth @ Fairland 1/10

Post by ovcfan12 »

Thoughts?

Phoenix31
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth @ Fairland 1/10

Post by Phoenix31 »

Gonna be some fire comin' out of the Dragons after the 22 point loss to Hilliard Bradley.

But, I will go with my alma mater in an upset, 63-62.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Look for a competitive game. If the Trojans can stay in it early, some of the ghosts from last Saturday may pop up in the Dragon's heads! My prediction 74 - 60 Dragoons!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Fairland by a lot

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Fairland by a whole lot. The loss Saturday will make them extra motivated.

Fairland 88
Portsmouth 50

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

If Portsmouth hits shots it could be close. Otherwise Fairland by as many as they want

ROLL PEAKE
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

bbn77 is right, the Trojans will have to make shots to give themselves any chance of winning, and in addition they have to keep the score in the low 50's. Hopefully the half court defense that PHS played vs. South Point will be disruptive to the Dragons high powered offense. A cold shooting night by Portsmouth coupled with a fast pace will spell doom for the Trojans.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

10 minutes after 7 and girls game is at halftime,who's brilliant ideal to have a triple header,on a weekday with a one hour drive...and 28th a GIRLS game in between JV and varsity,boys?????
If I drive ,i would be driving back down 52!

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Good win for Fairland with the absence of Van Horn

ROLL PEAKE
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Score?

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

67-48

ROLL PEAKE
ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Yes this was a 19 point win for dragons but it was a dog fight until the end. It was 6-10 point game for the most part. It was really a bad shooting night for both teams. Kollin Van Horn makes a huge difference for Fairland. In my opinion I think they will still win the OVC without him and probably go undefeated in conference play but i don't know how far they can go in the tournament without him.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Big difference without Van Horn in the middle, mainly on defense. Van Horn is an eraser. You can gamble out front with the knowledge that he is back there to stop any dribble drive. Dragons have to buckle down and play better defense. Offensively too many jump shots but they can figure it out. I look for the Dragons to get a real test next Friday at Gallia. Gallia is huge and that will hurt the Dragons now.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth cut the lead to 3 near the end of the last are,then fairland pulled away , even without van Horne they have a great team but he still makes them so much better,i hated to hear about his injury and wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully he can maybe get back for tournament play...best of luck to him

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Anyone know exactly what type of injury it was and how long he's expected to be out?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

bbjunky81 wrote:Anyone know exactly what type of injury it was and how long he's expected to be out?
Fracture in nose near his eye. He has to have surgery.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Dragons on the win. I hope Van Horn can return at least before the end of the regular season. He is a difference maker for sure, even though Fairland is a good team without him. In the tournament, they will need his presence in the post to make a run to the Final 4.

Going into this game, I knew it would be tough for the Trojans even without Van Horn. PHS struggled on the boards as the Dragons got quite a few second chance points. They also had a tough night from behind the arc, but that's our game and some nights the shots just don't fall. Still, the Trojans were only down 3 late in the 3rd quarter when Gunner Short hit two straight 3 pointers to stretch the lead to 9. Portsmouth never threatened the Dragons after that. Daniel Jordan had a good game for the Trojans at both ends of the court.

Still, the Trojans are 5-3 and with the remaining schedule, are on pace to have another winning season. I also think PHS is good enough to pull an upset if the perimeter shots are falling. GO TROJANS!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

ShoeHorn wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Anyone know exactly what type of injury it was and how long he's expected to be out?
The surgery went well and we are hoping to have him back soon. :mrgreen:

vincent_chase
Waterboy

Post by vincent_chase »

earp wrote:
ShoeHorn wrote:
The surgery went well and we are hoping to have him back soon. :mrgreen:
Great to hear!

Return to “Boys Basketball”