Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Post by biggdowgg »

93Bulldog wrote:Too bad we couldn't have Athens vs Warren at 6:00 and Vinton County vs Fairland at 8:00 at the beasts of the southeast!

:)

I would gladly pay 20 bucks to see them two games!!

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Would love to see a Vinton County Fairland matchup. Having only seen Fairland in a scrimmage setting I would like to see how Vinton County matches up with them. In my opinion Vinton county would win in a very competitive game.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

george wrote:Meigs at 28th Jackson 35th Gallia Academy 36th Both beat Meigs by 17
And if they were to play Meigs now they would be beat. Meigs was still looking for an identity and who the starters were gonna be the first 4 games. This is not the same Meigs team that was seen in weeks 1-4.

First 4 games we averaged 46 points a game, last 7 games we have averaged 68 points a game.

Will it be enough to compete with Athens or VC, Not sure, time will tell. People don't realize we have 3 boys that can score in the 20's and a few that can also be in double digits as well. If all the of our scorers are on, we will compete with the big dogs.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
george wrote:Meigs at 28th Jackson 35th Gallia Academy 36th Both beat Meigs by 17
And if they were to play Meigs now they would be beat. Meigs was still looking for an identity and who the starters were gonna be the first 4 games. This is not the same Meigs team that was seen in weeks 1-4.

First 4 games we averaged 46 points a game, last 7 games we have averaged 68 points a game.

Will it be enough to compete with Athens or VC, Not sure, time will tell. People don't realize we have 3 boys that can score in the 20's and a few that can also be in double digits as well. If all the of our scorers are on, we will compete with the big dogs.
If you recall last year I believe Athens started out in the same boat with an 0-4 record. They righted the ship and made a decent run until losing Griffin Lutz to injury in the 14th game of the season in the thrilling Win at VC. I am anxious to See if Your Marauders will shock us all and pull an upset on VC on 1/13...Good Luck

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Let me preface this post by saying - Vinton County is very, VERY good! Not only are they the favorite in the D2 Southeast District, I think they have a legitimate chance to make it to the State Tournament.

With that being said, it's tough for Fairland to drop after the loss to Hilliard Bradley.. Those who haven't traveled that direction any doesn't quite understand just how good that team is. They have two legitimate D1 players in Isaiah Speelman and Braden Norris, and potentially another in freshman Matt Allocco.

This was big time scheduling by Fairland and I give them major props for it. Perhaps the loss by 22 is what makes it look somewhat bad, but trust me, Fairland wouldn't see a team that stacked til the Division 3 State Final (if even there).

Watching SE Ohio basketball
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbjunky81 wrote:Let me preface this post by saying - Vinton County is very, VERY good! Not only are they the favorite in the D2 Southeast District, I think they have a legitimate chance to make it to the State Tournament.

With that being said, it's tough for Fairland to drop after the loss to Hilliard Bradley.. Those who haven't traveled that direction any doesn't quite understand just how good that team is. They have two legitimate D1 players in Isaiah Speelman and Braden Norris, and potentially another in freshman Matt Allocco.

This was big time scheduling by Fairland and I give them major props for it. Perhaps the loss by 22 is what makes it look somewhat bad, but trust me, Fairland wouldn't see a team that stacked til the Division 3 State Final (if even there).
... I fully understand the WANT to keep Fairland in the #1 position ... I KNOW the talent on HB ... I KNOW the D1 in the Columbus area and what that entails being an opponent - Logan will see Hilliard Bradley here in Logan in February ... the 22 point loss seems to be about on the average point spread per outing between HB & ANY opponent ... I also feel that Fairland in order to NOT become complacent , to KEEP the youngsters grounded - a team such as HB had to be played ... I listened to the game - it WAS a game through one half - the overall talent (D1 talent - college level) was evident in the 3rd & 4th quarters for HB ... even for the best of the best to get better they have to run up against a team that by evaluating the film, teaching from the film will allow that already quality team to get to the next level - Fairland did that ... on the ranking side - I had to drop them a position ... I had other teams who "played up" as well that HAD to be dropped a position as well -Warren/Marietta/Waterford ... it ALL works out in the end - IF Fairland IS the king of the hill - they will get there by season's end ... same goes for Vinton County and the other 70 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

... I also get it when people on here say that IF Fairland isn't #1 these rankings aren't worth the napkins they're printed on ... all I can say is that we do the best we can with what we have and what we have "ain't" bad ...

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I think that people forget pfloyds rankings are only on here for a couple hundred to see and maybe 20 or so to discuss. They are based on what he knows and they aren't broadcast all over the internet or newspapers as national rankings. So what if a team dropped a spot?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Pfloyd ,now I didn't go as far as saying your rankings don't amount to a hill of beans ,i did accuse you of taking a bribe from 93bulldog lol because we all know he's not above that :).

Your rankings keeps everyone in here talking ,i still think Matt should pay you big bucks.

By the way I found.some licorice in the " red hot" cinimon flavor,,,,i may share some ..or even give you your own bag at the beast of south east....

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... too bad we couldn't come up with an all day event using the Elite 8 rankings :

... SEOPs/Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ...

12:00 Noon ... Marietta vs Oak Hill
1:45 ........... Athens vs Waterford
3:45 ........... Warren vs Unioto
5:45 ........... Fairfield Union vs Miami Trace
7:45 ........... Fairland vs Vinton County

* Lou Horvath "the voice of Basketball Thirty in SouthEast Ohio" on the PA
** 93bulldog & the 105.5/970WATH Sports Team broadcasting each game ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

biggdowgg wrote:Pfloyd ,now I didn't go as far as saying your rankings don't amount to a hill of beans ,i did accuse you of taking a bribe from 93bulldog lol because we all know he's not above that :).

Your rankings keeps everyone in here talking ,i still think Matt should pay you big bucks.

By the way I found.some licorice in the " red hot" cinimon flavor,,,,i may share some ..or even give you your own bag at the beast of south east....

LMAO biggdowgg ... I will definitely make my way to Chesapeake this weekend - I'll pack my Twizzlers for sure LOL ... 93bulldog doesn't bribe - he's too cheap ! if you recall he's famous for the hidden "Subway" sandwiches into the 3 Weeks of the Convo LOL ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Purple Hippo Elite 8 Classic!

Awesome!

Held at Jim's gym over Xmas break.

brilliant!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

tvc_fan wrote:I think that people forget pfloyds rankings are only on here for a couple hundred to see and maybe 20 or so to discuss. They are based on what he knows and they aren't broadcast all over the internet or newspapers as national rankings. So what if a team dropped a spot?

... dang tvc_fan ! I was thinking that there might be millions of fans out there in SEOPs Land waiting with eager anticipation for the weekly rankings to come out !!! couple hundred ? hardly seems worth the traveling/writing/napkin stats/time involved ! :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:The Purple Hippo Elite 8 Classic!

Awesome!

brilliant!

... ahhhhhhh but you forget 93bulldog - they don't like me here in the Land of the Purple & White ... ;)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

last weeks had 6,083 views, Floyd, if that makes you feel any better? lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:The Purple Hippo Elite 8 Classic!

Awesome!

brilliant!

... ahhhhhhh but you forget 93bulldog - they don't like me here in the Land of the Purple & White ... ;)

McAfee Gymnasium it is then! Better location anyways. lol

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I have to give props to Fairland for scheduling OUTSIDE the SE district, when so many SE schools don't. I still think the Dragons have the best chance of any school in the SE district in any division of making the Final 4.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave wrote:I have to give props to Fairland for scheduling OUTSIDE the SE district, when so many SE schools don't. I still think the Dragons have the best chance of any school in the SE district in any division of making the Final 4.
... I'm within the margin of error on the ranking of the Dragons !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:last weeks had 6,083 views, Floyd, if that makes you feel any better? lol

... I really didn't think I kept opening the Elite 8 rankings THAT MANY times ! ;)

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

tvc_fan wrote:I think that people forget pfloyds rankings are only on here for a couple hundred to see and maybe 20 or so to discuss. They are based on what he knows and they aren't broadcast all over the internet or newspapers as national rankings. So what if a team dropped a spot?
Lol couple hundred. Its got that many views not long after it comes out.

GO EAGLES
TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Great job as usual Pfloyd. One correction Ironton St. Joe is 5-5. The Flyers are down to 11 players JV and Varsity but hanging in there.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”