OVC Previews 11/20/15 @ Chesapeake

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

OVC Previews 11/20/15 @ Chesapeake

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

Here is the schedule of scrimmages for the OVC Previews for Friday November 20 at Chesapeake High School (according to the newspaper):

5:00 Rock Hill vs. Fairland

6:00 Gallipolis vs. Portsmouth

7:00 Ironton vs. South Point

8:00 Coal Grove vs. Chesapeake

Here is your chance to get a glimpse of all the OVC teams at one time. I doubt much will be shown from a strategy standpoint, but it is a good way to see the athletes each squad will put on the floor this season.

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Re: OVC Previews 11/20/15 @ Chesapeake

Post by CGHornet55 »

My takeaway from this evening:
Fairland looked strong against Rock Hill. Portsmouth also looked strong and Gallia looked okay. South Point surprised me with athleticism and hustle plays. Ironton can be dangerous when left wide open. Chesapeake hasn't skipped a beat and Rhodes is probably the best player in the OVC. Coal Grove has a lot of young talent, but still needs a lot of work.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Sounds like this should be a fun season and league,love having Gallia Academy vs Portsmouth matchups, takes me back to the 80,s sectional battles

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LET'S GO FIGHTING TIGERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN THE NEW OVC.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Loved the way the Trojans ballhawked Gallia Academy over the whole floor. That is the way PHS will have to win games this year, given the serious lack of size on the roster.

Return to “Boys Basketball”