SEOPS HOF

Re: Parkersburg @ Athens 1/10

Post by 93Bulldog »

Parkersburg is (3-2). Thats about all I know. Lol

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Records can be deceiving-especially depending on the Conference they compete in and I believe the Big Reds are in that Boat. From what I know about some of the players from there is that this will be a good matchup for Athens and a good contest to get them ready for playoff time. 3 players to watch for PBurg will be Kam Snyder-(Pburgs version of Griffin Lutz)-Parker Miller-(will take you to the Rim and flat out Outhustle anyone on the court-And last but not least Brenton Strange-Sophomore...A "man among boys"-Started as a Freshman for the Big Red-Pure strength and speed-Football star as well...Athens big man Hynes will have his work cut out for him in this one

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Great! Thanks. Needed that info for our broadcast tuesday. The game can be heard live on 979WATH & 97.1FM or online at 979wath.com

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

With Parkersburg being a large D1 school, should be a heck of a challenge for the young pups.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be a good match up. Looks like both teams match up size wise. Saw where they beat south by 40

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Correction on names 93Bulldog. It is Karson Snyder not Kam. The Big Reds also have a player Kam White who is known to throw up an occasional 10-12 in a game. Also as far as South goes Raider-They are very young. One Senior maybe in starting 5. They will be back in another year or 2 on that side of the River-however; still very competitive-a young man to watch over there for South is Seth Fallon-Sophomore and Head Coach's son-A "phenom" if there ever was one....

colsoh
Waterboy

Post by colsoh »

Parkersburg should win by 20. Very big school. Players work out at facility that says they send many basketball players to D 1 basketball scholarships. Athens has no chance.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

colsoh wrote:Parkersburg should win by 20. Very big school. Players work out at facility that says they send many basketball players to D 1 basketball scholarships. Athens has no chance.
I would have to take exception to the last part that "Athens has no chance". I have had the Luxury to see players from both teams over the years. There are comparable athletes that have had the same training and seasoned AAU players from both teams. I also like to think that comparable teams with comparable athletes can beat each other on any given night. Tuesday night will Tell the Tale.

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

Waterford beat this team over the summer so I wouldn't say Athens doesn't even have a "chance" of beating them I've seen Parkersburg and Athens play, Athens definitely has a chance of winning

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Lovebball42 wrote:Waterford beat this team over the summer so I wouldn't say Athens doesn't even have a "chance" of beating them I've seen Parkersburg and Athens play, Athens definitely has a chance of winning
It is very hard to Guage a team by what happens in the Summer. I believe this will be a Competitive game from what I know about the Athletes from each team. As with any game it will depend on who brings their A-Game. Athens is coming off a long break-which could be good or bad-They had great momentum with the LE win on Dec 27th...But haven't played since-Marietta and Meigs both were next on the list-Now Re-Scheduled...On a positive note they should have 2 key players returning from injury

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tuesday's game can be heard live on 970WATH & 97.1FM or 970wath.com

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Athens should run away with this one. P-burg does not have the talent Athens has. But anything can happen, especially when coaching is involved.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Jim Ryan wrote:Athens should run away with this one. P-burg does not have the talent Athens has. But anything can happen, especially when coaching is involved.
My heart hopes you are right Jim Ryan. My mind and eyes tell me something different. This will be a Tough game for Athens. But a Necessary game to make them better. They have one of the Toughest Non-Conference schedules in SE OHIO this year. FAIRLAND, Marietta, Warren, Morgan and Parkersburg are the notables-Bishop Watterson and New Lex also on that list-Against Logan Elm on Dec 27th they garnered a win 70-62-(Their most recent game to date)....These games will make them better-not only for this season but for the Younger players who are the Future...

Athens_Bulldogs
Waterboy

Post by Athens_Bulldogs »

I don't know anything about p-burg, but the bulldogs have been playing good lately and if we play our A game, we can beat anyone.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Athens_Bulldogs wrote:I don't know anything about p-burg, but the bulldogs have been playing good lately and if we play our A game, we can beat anyone.
I agree with you. However; the only thing that concerns me is the long break Athens has had. Not playing since Dec 27th...They are also without a starting Guard tonight who has the Capability to put up 15-20 in a Game. 2 players are coming back from Injury But As I have stated before, I believe you can't come right back from an injury and expect to go Full Speed-it rarely happens. IMO A player coming back should be "eased" into the game-Limited minutes-Especially if they haven't played a Game yet in The Season. But hey-what do I Know...Look for an Up-Tempo and Physical
Game from P-Burg tonight...Hoping for a Competitive and Injury Free game...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Parkersburg Wins by A-Lot tonight..You can tell they are a Huge AAA school-Loaded with Athletes-I still liked this game for Athens even though it was a Loss-1st game since Dec 27th made it hard to get back into Rhythm...I liked that 2 players back from injury received some Quality minutes tonight -And Athens Sophomores Hynes, Maxfield and Chubb-looked really good tonight...The Bulldogs definitely missed Nick Lutz tonight-All in All Athens is headed in the Right Direction...
Last edited by VisionQuest on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VisionQuest wrote:Parkersburg by A-Lot tonight..You can tell they are a Huge AAA school-Loaded with Athletes-I still liked this game for Athens even though it was a loss...2 players back from injury received some Quality minutes-And Athens Sophomores looked really good tonight...Bulldogs missed Nick Lutz tonight-All in All Athens is headed in the Right direction...
Parkersburg was loaded. Their guards were 6'3 and 32 was a man. I came away impressed by big red

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Lovebball42 wrote:Waterford beat this team over the summer so I wouldn't say Athens doesn't even have a "chance" of beating them I've seen Parkersburg and Athens play, Athens definitely has a chance of winning

Athens couldn't beat Waterford, so your point?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:

Athens couldn't beat Waterford, so your point?
:lol:

But really Parkersburg would roll warren and Waterford. They have no size

Return to “Boys Basketball”