1/6 Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill

JTEK
All State

Re: 1/6 Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill

Post by JTEK »

donaldtrump wrote:Stop whining Burg posters..... You guys lose a few games and seem to want to blame everything from the Coach to all that Ghost talent walking the hallways!!! The Donald thinks the Russians have a hand in all that ghost talent not playing, and Ater is a Russian plant, put in to bring down the pirate nation!!!!! Here's what the Donalds going to do for the Burg..
1. Donalds going to encourage each Burg Fan who's distraught over the Burgs losses to have a cry- in Tuesday morning in the High School library.
2. To serve hot chocolate cookies, and have tissues on stand by...
3. encourage every Burg fan to find their safe place and receive counseling for these traumatic losses....
" I'M DONALD TRUMP AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE "
:lol:

Burgpro
Waterboy

Post by Burgpro »

Why do you say a coach cannot coach? He has won games. Kids don't play hard for the coach because they hate him? That looks bad on the kid not the coach! You have to trust in his system and program! He has put players in D1! Some of our other programs are not doing that!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Burgpro wrote:Why do you say a coach cannot coach? He has won games. Kids don't play hard for the coach because they hate him? That looks bad on the kid not the coach! You have to trust in his system and program! He has put players in D1! Some of our other programs are not doing that!
He hasn't "put" any players in D1. I'm assuming you're talking about Austin Loop? His uncle helped get him a WALK ON at Marshall. Austin then EARNED the scholarship after 1-2 years of tremendous hard work.

You're wording it like he helped Loop get a scholarship. That couldn't be further from the truth, Austin EARNED that on his own.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Burgpro
Waterboy

Post by Burgpro »

fbnut wrote:
bobcat2015 wrote:Not making a stand one way or the other for Ater, but this is a hornet's nest over there. Karma stinks sometimes, and when you run out a hall of fame coach who demands a lot out of his players, you reap what you sow. If I was Barrick, no way I'd ever consider coming back.
Barrick was a great coach and had a nice run but it was time for a change for him and burg
The change for Barrick was because he wouldn't let the BOE and Super set his starters!

Burgpro
Waterboy

Post by Burgpro »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Burgpro wrote:Why do you say a coach cannot coach? He has won games. Kids don't play hard for the coach because they hate him? That looks bad on the kid not the coach! You have to trust in his system and program! He has put players in D1! Some of our other programs are not doing that!
He hasn't "put" any players in D1. I'm assuming you're talking about Austin Loop? His uncle helped get him a WALK ON at Marshall. Austin then EARNED the scholarship after 1-2 years of tremendous hard work.

You're wording it like he helped Loop get a scholarship. That couldn't be further from the truth, Austin EARNED that on his own.
Austins uncle didn't help him walk on at Marshall! He played at OU.....he isn't a Marshall fan! Ater had something to do with it just like he is doing now with the Holden kid.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Burgpro wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:

Austins uncle didn't help him walk on at Marshall! He played at OU.....he isn't a Marshall fan! Ater had something to do with it just like he is doing now with the Holden kid.

Are we seeing the same things? Holden began getting offers this summer while playing AAU for All Ohio Red.....

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

The fact that a lot of people in South Webster including student athletes don't like or respect him, and the same thing has followed him to Wheelersburg, kind of shows the bad apple in the basket. When neither coach nor players have the respect of each other, you will not get kids to play hard or a coach that will get the most out of the kids. Sounds like Wheelersburg bit off their nose to spite their face when they got rid of Barrick. Kids may not have liked him either but they respected him as a coach and would play hard for him. Doesn't look like the case in Wheelersburg now. Unreal how a sports oriented school like Wheelersburg can have this type of problem.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Madness wrote:The fact that a lot of people in South Webster including student athletes don't like or respect him, and the same thing has followed him to Wheelersburg, kind of shows the bad apple in the basket. When neither coach nor players have the respect of each other, you will not get kids to play hard or a coach that will get the most out of the kids. Sounds like Wheelersburg bit off their nose to spite their face when they got rid of Barrick. Kids may not have liked him either but they respected him as a coach and would play hard for him. Doesn't look like the case in Wheelersburg now. Unreal how a sports oriented school like Wheelersburg can have this type of problem.

Not so sure about that. Lot of players walking the halls of Burg that refused to play for him during his time there and it had nothing to do with lack of respect for him. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, these are HS kids that are playing the game because they love it, not playing so they can be yelled at in practice or worse, during a game in front of everyone. I'm sure someone will give me the old yelling at a kid toughens him up. WHY DOES EVERYOEN THINK THAT??????? If you constantly yell at a kid and never praise him he will eventually break down and will eventually quit which happened more times than not.

I've seen Ater do the same thing and I've heard his practices, he is hard to deal with. That's why, once again there are kids walking the hallways that should be playing basketball but refuse to play for a coach like.

I don't blame them!!!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

It's a different time, that much we can all agree with. Barrick was there along time and probably did run his course --- every school needs a change at some point.. However, some of the reasons he was shown the door weren't appropriate reasons (parents and a certain board member that weren't fans).

Barrick is old school but he's a tremendous Coach. Many, many, MANY of his old players have tons of respect for him. Wheelersburg is where he should have stayed, and while Wheelersburg wanted "different" they hired an even more paranoid / selfish coach than him to take over.... not exactly the smartest of moves when parents want "change."

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

I would love to hear the names of these star players walking the halls. This is the most overrated aspect of wheelersburg! Name me the basketball players not playing??? they don't exist!!!

Coach Ater and team with a nice win tonight!!! Congrats burg! Too many ppl w an axe to grind hiding behind keyboards! Tough guys!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”