Game Assignors

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Game Assignors

Post by Swampfox »

Why doesn't more schools go with game assignors? We are in a 7 team league with all but one using an assignor for officials. The last 2 times we have been there, we are 7-11 from the foul line. The home team is 35 for 52. I know that things like shooting 3's and attacking the paint can cause a difference, but a 5-1 ratio still seems unexplainable. Also by having an assignor, gives you an out when it comes to the calls.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Re: Game Assignors

Post by spartans_fan »

I don't understand why the tvc does not mandate every school use an assignor. It does remove the illusion on impropriety. I am not sure what school you are talking about, but some strange things seem to happen any time we go to Meigs.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens uses an assigner

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

I was told by a TVC Ohio School Administrator that every team in that conference are now adhering to an assigner, except Meigs. I don't know how or why the conference is allowing this, but that's what I heard.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ty Webb wrote:I was told by a TVC Ohio School Administrator that every team in that conference are now adhering to an assigner, except Meigs. I don't know how or why the conference is allowing this, but that's what I heard.
None of the Hocking schools want an assigner so the TVC can't get enough votes to make it mandatory.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

I agree that the TVC needs to go this route in a bad way. Wahama being in west by God Virginia may make this hard to pull off.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Even with an assigner you're still going to have the same officials. It doesn't pay enough to travel 1.5 to 2 hours during the week to officiate a basketball game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Super trooper wrote:Even with an assigner you're still going to have the same officials. It doesn't pay enough to travel 1.5 to 2 hours during the week to officiate a basketball game.
I noticed some crews that traveled pretty far for football games this past year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens uses an assigner
Last time I watch a game at Athens They must use a assigner from Athens

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

spartans_fan wrote:I don't understand why the tvc does not mandate every school use an assignor. It does remove the illusion on impropriety. I am not sure what school you are talking about, but some strange things seem to happen any time we go to Meigs.

Welcome to Alexander

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I have been going to Alexander ball games for many years and they definitely have a home court advantage there. And no I'm not going to dig in stats, because stats doesn't show what Alex gets away with.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

tvc_fan wrote:I have been going to Alexander ball games for many years and they definitely have a home court advantage there. And no I'm not going to dig in stats, because stats doesn't show what Alex gets away with.
And yet, Alexander is willing to use an assigner when it is not required in order to keep Jr. High coaches from refereeing the same schools varsity football games.

Go TVC.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

spartans_fan wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:I have been going to Alexander ball games for many years and they definitely have a home court advantage there. And no I'm not going to dig in stats, because stats doesn't show what Alex gets away with.
And yet, Alexander is willing to use an assigner when it is not required in order to keep Jr. High coaches from refereeing the same schools varsity football games.

Go TVC.
I didn't realize home court meant a football field. all the basketball refs, are not from anywhere around Meigs, I have seen them from other places...Only one I know from Meigs is Neil Knight, and I believe he is from Southern are, and he never gives us an edge.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Had to go back and look at some stats and only missing the free throw stats from the Warren game.

Opponents 42 for 61
Meigs 38-68

Don't seem too lopsided to me.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ty Webb wrote:I was told by a TVC Ohio School Administrator that every team in that conference are now adhering to an assigner, except Meigs. I don't know how or why the conference is allowing this, but that's what I heard.

Any school can contract this service out with someone who is approved by the OHSAA to act in this role. The TVC schools that are using an assignor are all using the same assignor.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Is there something in place to evaluate officials by coaches? There are some really good officials but there are some officials that are not .

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Truth&fiction wrote:Is there something in place to evaluate officials by coaches? There are some really good officials but there are some officials that are not .

Yes, coaches rate officials after each game, and leagues that use assignor also evaluate the officials and crews. Why the TVC has refused an assignor is kind of a head scratcher as the TVC is one of the only leagues in the State of Ohio without one.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

tvc_fan wrote:Had to go back and look at some stats and only missing the free throw stats from the Warren game.

Opponents 42 for 61
Meigs 38-68

Don't seem too lopsided to me.
Meigs must have some games where they had a ton more fouls shots then there opponents. because Gallia academy got about 15 more foul shots then meigs in the opener. didn't seem to be any home cooking that night.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

[quote="tvc_fan"][quote="spartans_fan"][quote="tvc_fan"]I have been going to Alexander ball games for many years and they definitely have a home court advantage there. And no I'm not going to dig in stats, because stats doesn't show what Alex gets away with.[/quote]

Go TVC.[/quote]

I didn't realize home court meant a football field. all the basketball refs, are not from anywhere around Meigs, I have seen them from other places...Only one I know from Meigs is Neil Knight, and I believe he is from Southern are, and he never gives us an edge.[/quote]
N Knight is your everyday Southeast Ohio ref. He calls what it looks like happened instead of what really happened. Nothing against him, he is par for the course.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

Orange and Brown wrote:
None of the Hocking schools want an assigner so the TVC can't get enough votes to make it mandatory.
I can assure you that Trimble does want an assigner, and will vote yes any time it comes up for a vote.

Return to “Boys Basketball”