What are the thoughts on this one?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: 12/23 Alexander at Warren

Post by Raider6309 »

Warren 45
Alexander 35

Alexander has a lot of size
Last edited by Raider6309 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Warren is too strong inside with Weihl and Huffman are THE BEST tandem bigs in Southeastern Ohio this year - that I have seen so far anyway ... I'll be interested to see if Alex is able to slow it down vs the BBB at the WarriorDome ... Warren is not just BIGS inside - Kyler Dennis , Bryce Gandee will both knockdown the trey ... I'd like to see a lot more in the way of scoring out of the PG Bartness - Coach Maddox isn't afraid to go 9 deep off the bench, everyone who comes on the floor plays defense and contributes offensively ... hopefully we get a good game wrap-up Friday night ...

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

I hate to say it, but this is going to be a tough matchup for the Spartans. The things Warren does well are the things that have caused Alexander fits this year. I would expect the boys from Albany to compete, but not sure they can score with Warren. I would say Warren by 20+.

Go Alex.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

This won't even be close...Alexander isn't very good this year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

tvc_fan wrote:This won't even be close...Alexander isn't very good this year.
I will agree to disagree with that statement. They have played - and will be playing - a very tough schedule the first half of the season. They struggle offensively, but are very good defensively.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

After watching the Marietta game, Coach Maddox knows exactly what needs to be worked on. I think the boys in blue will come out firing on all cylinders for this one with a little revenge in mind from last years defeat. Alexander will keep it close with good defense and a slower paced game.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:
I will agree to disagree with that statement. They have played - and will be playing - a very tough schedule the first half of the season. They struggle offensively, but are very good defensively.

I agree with 93Bulldog. Alexander plays one of the toughest schedule in SEO. They will go any where and play anyone. They will play very good defense and be disciplined. They graduated a lot of scoring last year and are having younger guys learn how to play at the varsity level. They will keep getting better. They may have to win ugly for a while, but they will compete.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:
They are 3-3

They have beat Fed Hock, Wellston and Trimble (Not very good teams at all...Trimble is okay for Hocking)
They have been beat by 2 good teams Athens and Marietta
They got beat by a struggling 0-4 Meigs team.

So how have they played a very tough schedule???

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

spartans_fan wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:

I agree with 93Bulldog. Alexander plays one of the toughest schedule in SEO. They will go any where and play anyone. They will play very good defense and be disciplined. They graduated a lot of scoring last year and are having younger guys learn how to play at the varsity level. They will keep getting better. They may have to win ugly for a while, but they will compete.
Like I said they have played 2 tough teams out of 6? How have they had a tough schedule so far???

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Meigs D2 has won three straight. D2 Marietta is very good. Trimble was 4-0 when they played em. D2 Athens is 5-1. At D2 warren who is undefeated. At Oak Hill who is undefeated. At Minford.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:Meigs D2 has won three straight. D2 Marietta is very good. Trimble was 4-0 when they played em. D2 Athens is 5-1. At D2 warren who is undefeated. At Oak Hill who is undefeated. At Minford.
Meigs is improving but have beat Alex 3-3, NY 2-3 and RV 1-6, Trimble is in Hocking and has beat Belpre 2-3, Eastern 3-3, Southern 4-2, South Gallia 0-6I

Like I said they have played 2 good teams: Athens and Marietta

We were talking about a tough schedule so far up to the Warren Game...Yes their schedule gets very tough, but it hasn't been too tough yet!!!

I am not saying Alexander plain out suck, I'm saying they aren't very good this year, yes they will improve. I gave my reason why Warren would Win this game.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

tvc_fan wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Meigs D2 has won three straight. D2 Marietta is very good. Trimble was 4-0 when they played em. D2 Athens is 5-1. At D2 warren who is undefeated. At Oak Hill who is undefeated. At Minford.
Meigs is improving but have beat Alex 3-3, NY 2-3 and RV 1-6, Trimble is in Hocking and has beat Belpre 2-3, Eastern 3-3, Southern 4-2, South Gallia 0-6I

We were talking about a tough schedule so far up to the Warren Game...Yes their schedule gets very tough, but it hasn't been too tough yet!!!

I am not saying Alexander plain out suck, I'm saying they aren't very good this year, yes they will improve. I gave my reason why Warren would Win this game.
You are the only one talking about so far. I was talking about the entire season. Marietta, Athens and Trimble are tough. Meigs is better than their record. Then look at who Alex plays coming up. It is a very tough schedule. I do agree, Alexander will improve and it may be tough at Warren.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

spartans_fan wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:

You are the only one talking about so far. I was talking about the entire season. Marietta, Athens and Trimble are tough. Meigs is better than their record. Then look at who Alex plays coming up. It is a very tough schedule. I do agree, Alexander will improve and it may be tough at Warren.
93 said They have played - and will be playing

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

In the immortal words of the great Roberto Duran; No Mas!

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

The Spartans did a very good job competing tonight. Too many positions without putting the ball in the hoop. Warrens is a tough place to play . Their length and the smaller gym.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

spartans_fan wrote:The Spartans did a very good job competing tonight. Too many positions without putting the ball in the hoop. Warrens is a tough place to play . Their length and the smaller gym.

I agree. Spartans get a couple people that can score they will win several games. Problem is no one seems to be looking for a shot. They control the ball well though. Warren had way too much firepower for them tonight. Without Gandee hitting the 3 -3 pointers in third quarter, this could have been closer. Really gave Warren so momentum.

Cheekers
Waterboy

Post by Cheekers »

Alexander 5 8 11 9 - 33
Warren 12 9 13 18 - 52

Weihl 13, Huffman 12, Gandee 9, Bartmess 8

Gandee returning to hot shooting from 3 point land. Weihl and Huffman dominant big guys. Weihl had two dunks and Huffman one. PG Bartmess contributed 8 points, 2 FG 4/4 FT.

Return to “Boys Basketball”