D4 Northwest Sectional

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Re: D4 Boys Northwest Sectional Teams and Outlook

Post by AllAboutTheU »

Fairfield Leesburg is not a 7 and still confused on why you have Western & East over ND, when ND beat Western twice and East once. I can see SW over ND due to them winning head to head. You say ND had a bad loss to SV, but East had a bad loss to St. Joe and ND ha beat St. Joe x2.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think the biggest thing we take for granted is that the coaches are going to look at the big picture, not just one particular game. What I mean is, so many people say "Well ND beat Western twice you can't put Western over ND!" or "Western beat Eastern twice how can Eastern be over Western"

End of the day, coaches are going to look at the big picture. They're going to look at all results and then determine who they think is the best teams and the best matchups for themselves.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

I do agree and usually it goes by record according to years past.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

AllAboutTheU wrote:Fairfield Leesburg is not a 7 and still confused on why you have Western & East over ND, when ND beat Western twice and East once. I can see SW over ND due to them winning head to head. You say ND had a bad loss to SV, but East had a bad loss to St. Joe and ND ha beat St. Joe x2.
ND lost to Symmes Valley, you could go on and on about who lost to who and who beat who and by how much, at the end of the day, I say it goes by the eye test. Who is playing better basketball RIGHT NOW? This friday will tell a lot.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

N2Hoops wrote:
AllAboutTheU wrote:Fairfield Leesburg is not a 7 and still confused on why you have Western & East over ND, when ND beat Western twice and East once. I can see SW over ND due to them winning head to head. You say ND had a bad loss to SV, but East had a bad loss to St. Joe and ND ha beat St. Joe x2.
ND lost to Symmes Valley, you could go on and on about who lost to who and who beat who and by how much, at the end of the day, I say it goes by the eye test. Who is playing better basketball RIGHT NOW? This friday will tell a lot.

This is worded very well and what I was trying to say. Notre Dame also trailed for 3 quarters against St. Joe last night and had to come back to win. They're not playing the best ball right now, and if we're aware of it, I'm sure the coaches are too.

And, on top of that, would ND really be opposed to the 8 seed? They've played right with Clay and lost at the end both games. That's not a bad matchup for them, and if they beat Clay they have a phenomenal path to a district championship game. I think they matchup better with Clay than they do Eastern or Peebles.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

the 6,7,8 seed will depend on who 1,2,3 want to play.

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

AllAboutTheU wrote:the 6,7,8 seed will depend on who 1,2,3 want to play.

Not if 4-5-6-7-8, and 10 or 11 get together on the vote :lol: I don't know if this is the case, but it's is somewhat unpredictable.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Two more days until the seeding will be closed. Cant wait to see what it turns out to be.

1. Clay
2. Eastern
3. Peebles
4.Fairfield
5. Western
6. ND
7. East
8. SW
9. Manchester
10. Whiteoak
11. New Boston

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Western24 wrote:Two more days until the seeding will be closed. Cant wait to see what it turns out to be.

1. Clay
2. Eastern
3. Peebles
4.Fairfield
5. Western
6. ND
7. East
8. SW
9. Manchester
10. Whiteoak
11. New Boston
Agree with most, but I'd bet money SW won't be the 8 and I don't see why WhiteOak (2 wins) would be over New Boston (4 wins).

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

I honestly don't know where to put SW, I only went with that because of the records as of now. I just think whiteoak is better then New Boston. Without the Truit Kid from New Boston they struggle to score. Just my opinion though. I recently watched Western play Whiteoak and they play extremely hard.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

If I were to change on I guess id move SW in front of ND and move everyone down one.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western24 wrote:I honestly don't know where to put SW, I only went with that because of the records as of now. I just think whiteoak is better then New Boston. Without the Truit Kid from New Boston they struggle to score. Just my opinion though. I recently watched Western play Whiteoak and they play extremely hard.
In your defense.....I believe Whiteoak scrimmaged at New Boston this preseason and from what I heard Whiteoak won every quarter and some weren't close.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

About 40ish hours until it locks. It'll be interesting to see how the games go tomorrow, and if it will alter the seeding or not.

If I remember correctly, the Fairfield Leesburg guy always does something wacky. He'll probably put himself at the 1 haha

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Who will be the sacrificial lamb for Waterford?

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

As good as this sectional is, would any consider teams in this sectional as good as Waterford? I watched them last year and I know they were tough. Can anyone shed some light?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Western24 wrote:As good as this sectional is, would any consider teams in this sectional as good as Waterford? I watched them last year and I know they were tough. Can anyone shed some light?
I've seen them twice this season.. Good combination of size and guard play, very deep (8-9 kids without missing a beat). Very good, yes. By no means are the 1-8 in this sectional at a huge disadvantage. Personally, I think Waterford has every reason to be a little "nervous" as to what's coming out of the 4-5 matchup at Northwest. Whoever it is, it's going to be a really solid team that's battle tested and will not be intimidated by the moment. Waterford will be the favorite, but I think the gap is much smaller than people are making it out to be.

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Post by BigLeagueChew »

I'm telling you all, stay away from the 4-5. I think Waterford is a man among boys this post-season. They are the equivalent of 2 buzz saws and could take a team to the woodshed very quick.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Western24 wrote:As good as this sectional is, would any consider teams in this sectional as good as Waterford? I watched them last year and I know they were tough. Can anyone shed some light?
I've seen them twice this season.. Good combination of size and guard play, very deep (8-9 kids without missing a beat). Very good, yes. By no means are the 1-8 in this sectional at a huge disadvantage. Personally, I think Waterford has every reason to be a little "nervous" as to what's coming out of the 4-5 matchup at Northwest. Whoever it is, it's going to be a really solid team that's battle tested and will not be intimidated by the moment. Waterford will be the favorite, but I think the gap is much smaller than people are making it out to be.
Depth is the thing that separates the men from the boys as the tourney goes on. If your subs contribute you can and move on. That's what really shines when you play private schools especially in DIV

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:
Depth is the thing that separates the men from the boys as the tourney goes on. If your subs contribute you can move on. That's what really shines when you play private schools especially in DIV

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Dreaded Caroll 1, and Caroll 2 at regionals

Return to “Boys Basketball”