D4 Northwest Sectional

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: D4 Boys Northwest Sectional Teams and Outlook

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles70- Paint Valley 64 in a knock down dragout.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Have not seen Peebles or Leesburg this season.See where they play after tournament draw. Their records are comparable. Curious to see opinions of the SHAC posters as to how they compare the 2 teams with which deserves a higher seed in this sectional. The SOC posters beating up on each other. Let's hear it from the other league.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Gold and Blue wrote:Have not seen Peebles or Leesburg this season.See where they play after tournament draw. Their records are comparable. Curious to see opinions of the SHAC posters as to how they compare the 2 teams with which deserves a higher seed in this sectional. The SOC posters beating up on each other. Let's hear it from the other league.
I would rather not play Fairfield early ,but ; not many Shac schools in it. Let's just roll that ball out, lace em up and go to work. Shac schools are used to beating up on each other.hey, why don't we just draw straws.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Hoopie74 wrote:
Gold and Blue wrote:Have not seen Peebles or Leesburg this season.See where they play after tournament draw. Their records are comparable. Curious to see opinions of the SHAC posters as to how they compare the 2 teams with which deserves a higher seed in this sectional. The SOC posters beating up on each other. Let's hear it from the other league.
I would rather not play Fairfield early ,but ; not many Shac schools in it. Let's just roll that ball out, lace em up and go to work. Shac schools are used to beating up on each other.hey, why don't we just draw straws.
You must be a politician lol. Just trying to get opinion from the SHAC posters on their teams. Not sure we have any of the SOC teams that have played both to help. Surely someone has an opinion on the 2 teams. "Hoopie74" thanks for your response.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Gold and Blue wrote:
Hoopie74 wrote:
You must be a politician lol. Just trying to get opinion from the SHAC posters on their teams. Not sure we have any of the SOC teams that have played both to help. Surely someone has an opinion on the 2 teams. "Hoopie74" thanks for your response.[/quot

Lol, Peebles has lost to , Lynchburg twice, split with Ripley,lost to western at western, lost to Eastern at Eastern and beat east at neutral site. Our boys will play hard as I'm sure the rest of the Shac schools will. As of today Peebles is 13-5 and have played some good teams. I just hope we stay healthy and compete to the best of our abilities. It will be a fun tourney and good teams should come out of it. If you like High School basketball you need to come to every game of this sectional.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Hoopie74 wrote:
Gold and Blue wrote:
Hoopie74 wrote:
You must be a politician lol. Just trying to get opinion from the SHAC posters on their teams. Not sure we have any of the SOC teams that have played both to help. Surely someone has an opinion on the 2 teams. "Hoopie74" thanks for your response.[/quot

Lol, Peebles has lost to , Lynchburg twice, split with Ripley,lost to western at western, lost to Eastern at Eastern and beat east at neutral site. Our boys will play hard as I'm sure the rest of the Shac schools will. As of today Peebles is 13-5 and have played some good teams. I just hope we stay healthy and compete to the best of our abilities. It will be a fun tourney and good teams should come out of it. If you like High School basketball you need to come to every game of this sectional.
Agree some exciting basketball.Peebles always competitive.Should your Indians be seeded ahead of Leesburg? Although this year not sure it matters unless it puts you in the dreaded 4-5 game.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Several posters show Peebles at 3 and Leesburg at 4. Not sure if any Fairfield posters on here to discuss.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gold and Blue wrote:
Hoopie74 wrote:
You must be a politician lol. Just trying to get opinion from the SHAC posters on their teams. Not sure we have any of the SOC teams that have played both to help. Surely someone has an opinion on the 2 teams. "Hoopie74" thanks for your response.
Let me start by saying that I haven't seen Peebles or Fairfield in person but follow scores very closely and have a good grasp on how the SHAC brand of basketball plays. Also....let's say you see a team 1 time...that can be incredibly misleading. I've watched Jackson look like crap against a 4-14 D3 Southeastern team at home and then take 15-1 D2 Vinton County to the very wire. Fans only watching 1 of those games has a skewed look on Jackson. On those same line I bet fans of Manchester don't feel Clay is very impressive even though we all know they are.

Yes the SOC 1 beats up on each other. All are playing at least 8 tough games and most have another couple tougher type games. Peebles and Fairfield do have to play each team on the other side of the SHAC and Fairfield plays D2 schools like Washington CH, Hillsboro (rival school 6 miles away) and Greenfield. Also when you play at Eastern Brown, North Adams or Ripley....those are at least comparable to facing the average good SOC 1 team. Lynchburg is legitimate but folks at Eastern Pike may not buy it. Then Fairfield and Peebles play each other. Fairfield also made the 1 Hr and half trip to Notre Dame while weaving through 24th street to Sunrise avenue. Peebles is in the SHAC bigger schools division and must play Lynchburg, Eastern Brown, Ripley and North Adams twice..and of course went to Western. The schedules are closer than they may appear.

Right now (not the season resume) Clay is the best team in this sectional and next I feel Fairfield/Peebles/Western/South Webster, but we all know Eastern Pike, Notre Dame and East can compete with all of those. None of us will bet against Barrick and Eastern Pike. Trying to compare the season resume and they are all cluttered up. Matchups are where it's at. Fairfield was defeated by Paint Valley and their WVU recruit big man....Peebles just beat them. Peebles has a bit more size and maybe better equipped....but not many 6'10 WVU recruits in this sectional. Fairfield isn't big but they get after it and obviously are playing very well since their bad loss to Clermont Northeastern (which I would compare to losing to Green)

I think if Peebles and Fairfield played 10x....they'd split. One game, gun to my head and I probably take Fairfield.

My seeding RIGHT NOW considering whole season so far

1. Clay
2. Eastern Pike
3. Fairfield
4. Peebles
5. South Webster
6. Notre Dame
7. Western
8. East

2-4 is insanely tight and wouldn't argue any order...same with 5-7
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Thanks Ironman92. I thought the issue with seeding order of the Peebles and Fairfield could put one in that 4-5 game. That's why I was curious from their position who should be higher seed. Others talked about the easiest path to district final which was trying to avoid the 4-5 seed. Thanks

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Updated after Friday and Saturday

1. Clay
2. Peebles
3. Eastern Pike
4. Leesburg
5. Notre Dame
6. Western
7. East
8. Webster
9. Manchester
10. New Boston
11. Whiteout
My opinion of what it will look like without having Tuesday and Friday's games played yet. My Indians go to Whiteout on Tuesday and then have Clay on Friday at home. If they take care of business they could honestly make a case for any seed other then the 1-2 probably. I know they won't get those seeds, but look at it in this way. Every team 1-8 other then Clay is going to have 5-8 loses when the draw closes. Western has beaten Eastern 2 times, split with East, and beat Peebles. If the Indians can handle business this week who knows where they could end up in this sectional, hopefully the coaches give them the respect they deserve.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gold and Blue wrote:Thanks Ironman92. I thought the issue with seeding order of the Peebles and Fairfield could put one in that 4-5 game. That's why I was curious from their position who should be higher seed. Others talked about the easiest path to district final which was trying to avoid the 4-5 seed. Thanks
Unless Eastern Pike struggles this week and they both do well....one of them will be locked into that 4/5.

Seeing how coach voted will be interesting...hopefully that makes it onto here.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Don't expect we will see any results. Maybe some leaked comments.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

danicalifornia wrote:The draw opens on Thursday of next week, closes Friday at Midnight. Will be announced on Sunday at some unknown time since it takes them 36 hours to run simple math that I could do on pencil and paper for all 6 Sectionals in about an hour.
This year is example why voting should be done on Sunday following the last season games. There could be some teams with 3 meaningful games to play. The current scenario I bet some coaches submit their votes even prior to the Friday night games. As most know the votes and brackets all done within matter of an hour in Jackson. Not sure of the change logic.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gold and Blue wrote:Don't expect we will see any results. Maybe some leaked comments.
The coaches can see the other coaches...if something ridiculous goes on....it'll make it on here.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gold and Blue wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:The draw opens on Thursday of next week, closes Friday at Midnight. Will be announced on Sunday at some unknown time since it takes them 36 hours to run simple math that I could do on pencil and paper for all 6 Sectionals in about an hour.
This year is example why voting should be done on Sunday following the last season games. There could be some teams with 3 meaningful games to play. The current scenario I bet some coaches submit their votes even prior to the Friday night games. As most know the votes and brackets all done within matter of an hour in Jackson. Not sure of the change logic.
Good news is there have been few canceling for weather issues. Many teams have 18 games in and many times in past teams would only have 14-16 because of bad weather.

I do feel coaches should have their votes in before Friday's game but check out scores after their game and edit their picks if needed. Not doing so is laziness on the coaching end and not doing what's necessary to make this method as fair as possible.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Western24
Ports clay is the only team in this sectional that deserves any respect , and they deserve the #1 seed , no other team has done enough to earn any respect, and justify a certain seed.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

EPN wrote:Western24
Ports clay is the only team in this sectional that deserves any respect , and they deserve the #1 seed , no other team has done enough to earn any respect, and justify a certain seed.
#9-#11 are locked in and have earned their seed

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Ironman92, agree on 9-11... lol

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Not saying that Western has done enough to give them a certain seed. But I can tell you they have played well enough and beat enough teams to not be the 8. I would also think that with the last win against Eastern they should be at the 6, and no worse. But that is my opinion.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

what about east? They have beat eastern,western,and clay. Who would you have at the 5 if western is 6? ND or sw? I don't think you can put western over ND due to them losing to ND x2

Return to “Boys Basketball”