RV @ VINTON CO. 12-20-2016

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

RV @ VINTON CO. 12-20-2016

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Raiders will have their hands full......

GO RAIDERS!!!

GO #0!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: RV @ VINTON CO. 12-20-2016

Post by Raider6309 »

Vinton County is by far the best team in the league. Fun offense to watch

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Vikings up 30 when Combs starts subbing in JV

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

VC is good....87-68

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

I was shocked to see the raiders put up 68. Seems to have kept it respectful.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

spartans_fan wrote:I was shocked to see the raiders put up 68. Seems to have kept it respectful.
It didn't look respectable to me. River Valley didn't press the 1st 3 quarters. Then, in the 4th quarter, when VC put in their subs River Valley decided to keep their starters in and press. Not sure who their new coach is, but I am sure he is a total toolbag.

VCPops
Freshman Team

Post by VCPops »

Sid Farkus wrote:
spartans_fan wrote:I was shocked to see the raiders put up 68. Seems to have kept it respectful.
It didn't look respectable to me. River Valley didn't press the 1st 3 quarters. Then, in the 4th quarter, when VC put in their subs River Valley decided to keep their starters in and press. Not sure who their new coach is, but I am sure he is a total toolbag.
You are absolutely right Sid,he finally pulled starters at the 1:35 minute of the game Someone in stands said "It's about time" and he turned around and gave them a dirty look,but never said anything.He never pressed VC's starters when they were down by 28 - 30 points in the 3rd quarter.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

If VC would have left their starters in, they would have probably won by 40+. River Valley has some good shooters. They made a lot of threes to keep the game within 20-25 points. Vikes would have probably busted the 100 point mark if Combs didn't sub.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

VC is VERY good, and Combs is the BEST coach in SEO....IMO......but I don't remember anyone from RV complaining when we pulled our starters in football to prep our JV while your coach allowed his first team to score.....just saying.....RV is looking for positives in bball this year and allowing the first team to finish strong is Coach Drummonds choice.....and a 19 point loss is still a beatdown in my opinion and VC could have scored 100+......best of luck to coach Combs and company this year....I expect them to be district champs and maybe Regional champs.....GO TVC

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

HoopsHotHead wrote: I don't remember anyone from RV complaining when we pulled our starters in football to prep our JV while your coach allowed his first team to score.....just saying.....
I'm "just saying" you need to get your facts straight! VC's football team scored toward the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Wake up, Moe!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

THANK YOU.....there you have it folks.....the FACTS by Sid "the toolbag" Farkus.......thanks again for blessing everyone with that info.....it only took you two weeks to gather your thoughts......best of luck to Coach Combs and the VC team and community....I have a lot of respect for their style of play and coaching

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

I certainly did not mean to offend you, hoopshothead. I feel "the toolbag" comment was a little over the line and quite honestly, hurtful. You're welcome for the information, scro, but from reading the post you made I feel your thanks may have been insincere. I did not mean to disrespect you, I only meant to disrespect Coach Drummond.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

HoopsHotHead wrote:VC is VERY good, and Combs is the BEST coach in SEO....IMO......but I don't remember anyone from RV complaining when we pulled our starters in football to prep our JV while your coach allowed his first team to score.....just saying.....RV is looking for positives in bball this year and allowing the first team to finish strong is Coach Drummonds choice.....and a 19 point loss is still a beatdown in my opinion and VC could have scored 100+......best of luck to coach Combs and company this year....I expect them to be district champs and maybe Regional champs.....GO TVC
Combs is very good! But he needs that elusive state title to be placed in the same sentence as Norm.

:mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”