Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Phoenix31
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Post by Phoenix31 »

pfloyd wrote: ... when Waterford lost at Portsmouth - they still had 2 starters in dress clothes ...which had 2 role players taking over starting roles... which meant Waterford had very little coming off the bench ... PHS got a bump with the "W" but I did not send Waterford crashing with that loss ... the H2O guyz are loaded with proven talent from last years Convo run team ... the Elite 8 are the Elite 8 for a reason - I KNOW those teams , I KNOW what they have returning, I have SEEN what they have returning ... Waterford deserves to be there ...
I am not questioning Waterford's ranking.

I am questioning how low you have Portsmouth and Coal Grove.....especially since Portsmouth just went cold in the 4th quarter with a lead against Coal Grove.

Portsmouth should be in the Top 15.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... they lost to #44 ... they're not top 15 - yet ... they have lots of time to move up ...

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

js7_22 wrote:#27 Notre Dame travels to #15 Western and wins 66-54.
#18 East gets blown out by #14 Eastern 79-64
#19 Clay blows out #63 Green 74-45

South Webster some how lets go of a 10 point lead to lose by 9 to Oak Hill. I still think Webster is the top dog in that sectional. Them and Eastern would be a great game.
They "somehow" lost an 8 point lead by not handling pressure. Turnovers and excellent 3 point shooting by Waverly won them the game.

I think we're all seeing that the top of the SOC 2 is better than most expected. South Webster, Waverly, Wheelersburg, and Oak Hill are all very solid and can beat each other on any given night --- especially at home. If Waverly can force turnovers, they're really good.

South Webster will be fine. They are very well coached and just have some kinks to work through. A loss on the road against a 5-1 Waverly team isn't exactly some horrendous season ending loss. They'll be much better the next time they see Waverly.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

pfloyd wrote:... they lost to #44 ... they're not top 15 - yet ... they have lots of time to move up ...
I see.

Give Waterford a pass, but not Portsmouth.

Gotcha.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Phoenix31 wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... they lost to #44 ... they're not top 15 - yet ... they have lots of time to move up ...
I see.

Gotcha.
It'll be okay, we are only 3 weeks into the season.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Phoenix31 wrote:
I see.

Gotcha.
Heard the Portsmouth kids can't sleep at night because of this.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

formerfcfan wrote:
Phoenix31 wrote:
I see.

Gotcha.
Heard the Portsmouth kids can't sleep at night because of this.

Portsmouth also loses to Coal Grove, who is young/rebuilding and frankly not very good this year, but Phoenix believes one key win should propel them into the top 15. Brilliant!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

Fairfield Leesburg 60-37 win over North Adams.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Pfloyd you are the best ambassador of basketball ever. Love what you do and continue the great work. Merry Christmas to you and a healthy New Year.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Waterford will be fine. When it's all said and done they will be a hard out.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Prime Time wrote:Pfloyd you are the best ambassador of basketball ever. Love what you do and continue the great work. Merry Christmas to you and a healthy New Year.
... thank you for the kind words Prime Time (your check will be in the mail LOL) ... I agree on Waterford - too much talent on that team to NOT get it done again this season ... I have talked to coaches of teams who play the H2O boyz - every single one of them have nothing but praise for the kids of Waterford ... a key thing I noticed when I talk with opponent coaches of Waterford is that each coach has a different take as to which Waterford player hurts THEM the most imo THAT says a lot about the Waterford TEAM - that on any given night, any one of those kids delivers depending on what the opponent tries to take away - Coach Simms' boyz have an answer - someone different steps up , and from my own "eye tests" there is a lot of individual talent on that team both starting and as role players ...

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

The Trojans have plenty of time to make a jump, Just have to play hard and get wins, Im fine with where they are right now, its a long season and Im looking for improvement each week. Go Trojans

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Portsmouth will be lucky to be in the top 4 of the OVC alone in my opinion.....I actually don't even see them as an above average team.....I've been wrong before but I'd put Portsmouth as mid-level team at best..... As the weeks go on we'll get a better indication on where everyone belongs...I've changed my mind on a few teams only 3 weeks into season. I'm sure i'll change my mind again as more games are played and we get more looks and game comparisons....

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Phoenix31 wrote:
I see.

Gotcha.
... it's not about giving one team a pass and one not ... Portsmouth has to prove they can hold leads, shoot the 3 pointer (which apparently they did not in the game vs Coal Grove) - PHS did not shoot the 3 pointer well vs Waterford either ... the Trojans have to beat a #44 ranked team - they did not ... PHS beat Waterford - Waterford was down 2 key players and still built a double digit lead that PHS over took in the 2nd half - I saw it , I was there ... I've also seen 18 of my top 24 teams ... 12 of my top 15 teams if you consider that Fairland is the exact same team with a years experience that Coach Speed had last year you can make that 13 of the top 15 ... Portsmouth is not at this time a top 15 team imo ... the teams in red I have not seen THIS year - doesn't mean I don't know them Lynchburg Clay (although losing last night by 2 points to Eastern Brown) has 3 returning starters from the final 4 team of last year ... Oak Hill, Western Pike, Waverly, South Webster I have not seen as yet - I will put eyes on Waverly, Piketon, Western Pike & again Eastern Pike next Thursday at the Pike County Holiday Tourney in Waverly ... I will get to compare what these teams bring to the court as compared to the other top teams ... you can call it whatever YOU want - even WITH a win over Coal Grove - Portsmouth doesn't fit into top 15 based on what I have seen ...

1. Fairland (4-0)
2. Vinton County (4-0)
3. Fairfield Union (3-0)
4. Miami Trace (5-1)
5. Warren (3-0)
6. Unioto (4-1)
7. Waterford (2-1)
8. Lynchburg Clay (4-0)

... TreeHugger Wannabes ...

Athens (4-1)
Marietta (3-1)
Logan (2-1)
Logan Elm (3-1)
Sheridan (4-1)
Eastern Pike (4-1)
Western Pike (4-0)
Chillicothe (2-3)
Oak Hill (5-0)
Portsmouth East (2-1)
Portsmouth Clay (4-2)
20 Waverly (4-1)

South Point (5-1)
South Webster (4-2)
Portsmouth (1-1)
Washington CH (4-1)

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I think Eastern Pike has one of top coachs in Ohio Tom Barrick. eagles will be a force come tourney time. Waterford vs Eastern Pike. A battle of the best.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Also Stormin Norman will have the Oaks at the top of SOC. they are the real deal

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

another oberservation that Logan, Athens, Marietta all should be ahead of Waterford thou

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Pfloyd. , Howie will surprise everyone this year. I look for the Trimble five to split with Waterford, Just saying.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Pfloyd. , Howie will surprise everyone this year. I look for the Trimble five to split with Waterford, Just saying.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

OVC. Fair land by a landslide, Portsmouth will be lucky to in top 40-45 by end of year, ironton maybe 500, just a weak league this year. south Point upside if players kept under control. overall a one horse league, with all 500 or sub 500. soc. oak Hill, Waverly, South Webster, Minford, Wheelersburg, Valley

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”