Logan Elm 60 Circleville 36 final ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Logan Elm 60 Circleville 36 final ...

Post by pfloyd »

Logan Elm 60
Circleville 36 a final

... as a fan of high school hoops it has always been a treat to travel to the Land of the Logan Elm Braves to watch a basketball game - tonight was no different ... I walked into the gym to buy my ticket ... PROGRAMS ! ROSTER SHEETS !! I'm more than happy to pay $5 for a program that gives me names/numbers information about the school, the kids in the Winter sports ... I knew it was going to be a good night ! I was greeted by Nathan Elswick now an assistant coach with the Circleville program, former player & coach with Logan Elm ... I walked a little further , ran into Coach Doug Stiverson - head man for Logan Elm ... Coach Stiverson & Coach Holbert have always given pfloyd a shout out no matter where they are playing home or away ... LE is like being in Logan - good people, coaches & players and parents ... on the basketball side when I head into Braves Country I KNOW I will get to see the brand of hoops I like best - fundamentally sound hoops at both ends of the court , tough defense, AND kids who know the game of basketball and how to play it ... I smile the whole game - watching "real" picks, kids communicating on defense, patience on offense , kids that use their bodies/move their feet on defense ... crisp passes , motion at the offensive end ... I get ALL of this when I watch a Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert LE TEAM ... tonight was no exception Logan Elm doesn't have the overall talent it has had in past years BUT LE does have one of the BEST talents in Southern/SouthEast Ohio in Ridge Young ... R. Young can shoot the 3 ball, take it to the rim anytime he has the ball , finds the open man for assists, has the quick hands defensively to get points in transition ... every opposing team knows that Young IS the LE offense - yet he still gets it done ... vs Roundtown tonight Ridge Young threw down 29 pts - 3 treys, countless drives to the rim ... Circleville as a team scored but 36pts with 5 treys as a TEAM ... the game was relatively close in the first half as LE led going into the locker rooms for intermission- LE 29 Circleville 20 ... the 3rd quarter was ALL Logan Elm - the Braves held the Tigers of Coach Cassidy to 2 pts in the quarter while Ridge Young added 8 points ... the Red & White took the ball into the paint for 8 fgs vs Circlevilles 1 fg after 4 minutes were gone in the quarter ... LE 48 Circleville 22 end of 3 ... Circleville won the 4th quarter 14-12 with the last 2:30 played by reserves ... Logan Elm 60 Circleville 36 a final ...

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Circleville ...

Scoring ... Brandon Burroughs 13, Jordan Taylor 8, Seth Risner 8, Jay Styers 3, Cameron Banks 2, Shaun Porter 2
3 pointers ... 5/25 ... Brandon Burroughs 3, Jordan Taylor 2
FTs ........ 3/8
TOs ....... 15
PntP ...... 16
Points in Transition ... 2

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Logan Elm ...

Scoring ... Ridge Young 29, Caymen Bryant 10, Kamry Wright 7, Colin Clark 6, Logan Holbert 4, Seth McDonald 2, Justin Boldoser 2
3 pointers ... 6/20 ... Ridge Young 3, Caymen Bryant 2, Kamry Wright 1
FT's .......... 2/4
TOs .......... 11
PntP ......... 38
Points in Transition ... 8

... Coach Stiverson & Co. runs the gauntlet in the Northwest Territories this coming week before and following Christmas!!! ... this Tuesday @ Washington CH , Thursday @ Bloom Carroll, Friday home vs Miami Trace ... Tuesday the 27th @ Athens , Friday 12/30 @ Chillicothe ... nothing like getting a feel for sectional/district play in the middle of the season !!! one thing is for certain the Pfloyd Tour will be in the Cheap Seats for a few of these matchups ...

bman
SEO

Re: Logan Elm 60 Circleville 36 final ...

Post by bman »

Nice seeing you briefly this evening pfloyd. I'll look you up on Thursday when the Braves invade Carroll to take on the Bulldogs.

Return to “Boys Basketball”