Miami Trace 62 Chillicothe 59 OT final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Miami Trace 62 Chillicothe 59 OT final

Post by pfloyd »

Miami Trace 62
Chillicothe 59 OT final

... one of the best games I have seen in the early part of the 2016-17 season - 2 good teams, both playing good basketball, AND an officiating crew that didn't takeover the game (seen but not OVERheard) ... Chillicothe showcases one of the better players in SEOhio in Brandon Maughmer - only a junior but can do it all - handles the ball, rebounds at both ends, scores on the perimeter , gets into the lane and finishes at the rim ... Miami Trace showcases multiple players as Coach Pittser runs 9 legitimately out on the floor - seems like a change is made every minute - if I had to pin down a player as the catalyst let's go with PG Blake Pittser - a player who handles the ball, distributes the ball, shoots the ball on the perimeter and shoots the ball off the dribble - at times I got the feeling he does too much with the ball or TRIES to do too much with the ball as there are many other pieces to an experienced Panther team who can and do contribute - Darby Tyrea (7pts) , Deandra Pettiford (14 pts), Cameron Carter (9 pts), Tyrae Pettiford (6 pts) , Seth Leach (4 pts), Kendrick Bryant (2pts) ... fresh legs, 9 bodies flying all over the court, every player for MT seems built for strength with the ball or getting to the ball off the boards - a very good team ... everything runs through PG Pittser (20 pts) - he scored the 5 of the last 6 fgs for MT, 13 points in the 4th qtr & OT combined. 3 crucial treys in the last 2 minutes of regulation & OT including THE 30 footer as time ran out in OT to give Miami Trace the big road W vs the Cavs ... Miami Trace 62 Chillicothe 59 OT final ...

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Chillicothe ...

Scoring ... Brandon Maughmer 20, Jordan Johnson 17, Hunter Coffland 7, Seth Barnes 6, Will Roderick 5, S. Roderick 4
3 Pointers ... 7/22 ... Jordan Johnson 4, Maughmer 1, W. Roderick 1, Hunter Coffland 1
FT's ... 8/11
TO's ... 23 ... 4 in OT that killed the Cavs as MT got a chance at the winning shot off of a Cavs turnover ...
PntP ... 26
Transition pts ... 8

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Miami Trace ...

Scoring ... Blake Pittser 20, Deandre Pettiford 14, Cameron Carter 9, Darby Tyrea 7, Tyrae Pettiford 6, Seth Leach 4, Kendrick Bryant 2
3 Pointers ... 6/16 ... Blake Pittser 4, Darby Tyrea 1, Deandre Pettiford 1
FTs ...... 8/12
TOs .... 24
PntP ... 24
Transition Points ... 11

... when you look at the Napkin Stats for both teams it does get much closer :

Leading scorers ... MT Pittser 20/ Cavs Maughmer 20
3 pointers .......... MT 7/ Cavs 6
FTs .................. MT 8/11 ..... Cavs 8/12
TOs .................. MT 23 / Cavs 24
PntP ................. MT 26 /Cavs 24
PnT ................... MT 11 / Cavs 8

... the 3 points difference in Points n Transition being the final shot of the game, after a Chillicothe turnover ... 7 seconds left in OT ... 30 fter by Blake Pittser ... great game, 2 very good teams ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Re: Miami Trace 62 Chillcothe 59 OT final

Post by Truth&fiction »

47 turnovers seems like a lot for supposedly good teams. I'm assuming a lot of pressure on the ball was the reason. They need to clean that up to be a better than average team but otherwise seamed like a very good game to spend your evening.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Miami Trace 62 Chillcothe 59 OT final

Post by pfloyd »

Truth&fiction wrote:47 turnovers seems like a lot for supposedly good teams. I'm assuming a lot of pressure on the ball was the reason. They need to clean that up to be a better than average team but otherwise seamed like a very good game to spend your evening.

... 9 of those were in the OT period as well ... a very high intensity game, lots of on the ball pressure, extremely physical game on both sides - a clean game but the boys got after it ... Miami Trace was in your face, with it's 9 man rotation all night ... a big contributor to the Cavs TO total the intensity with which MT comes at you for 32 minutes along with the fact that CHS has a very short bench to go to ... imo the pressure by MT , the physical strength of MT combined with the lack of a bench to give the CHS players a rest played big in the TO totals ... I'll stand by my comment that Chillicothe and Miami Trace are 2 very good teams ... one of the better games I've seen this season so far ...

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Re: Miami Trace 62 Chillicothe 59 OT final

Post by Truth&fiction »

Hey no disrespect. My guess there was a lot of pressure either full court or half court trap . Sorry if I offended you . We will see how good they are as the season goes forward . They both play the Shermans and that could be a couple of games to see. I'm not going to dispute they both play hard and it was an entertainining game. Drive safe Pfloyd .

Return to “Boys Basketball”