Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Post by Moses Guthrie »

minford17 wrote:
Moses Guthrie wrote:Look for Green to give Minford a competitive game.
We'll it was competitive through the first period.
Lol .. I figured Green would hang for a while, possibly 12-15 point spread. They have a couple sophomores who can get it done on both ends of the floor.. It appears Minford was on a mission and made a statement.
I still believe Green is better than some of the teams above the end table.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Moses Guthrie wrote:
minford17 wrote:
Lol .. I figured Green would hang for a while, possibly 12-15 point spread. They have a couple sophomores who can get it done on both ends of the floor.. It appears Minford was on a mission and made a statement.
Got to watch your Trojans before our game Saturday. Thought your boy played well. Great comeback win with great defense in 2nd half. Would have loved to have seen Tobias Jr playing also for the Trojans.

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

Cats played hard, we still a year or so away though.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

BobcatFuture1 wrote:Cats played hard, we still a year or so away though.
Agreed...Green will be in a lot of games this year, but might not win a lot of them as SOC I is tough with a lot of senior-heavy teams. Next year though, Green will be near the top of the league with Eastern and Western.*

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

minford17 wrote:
Moses Guthrie wrote:
minford17 wrote:
Got to watch your Trojans before our game Saturday. Thought your boy played well. Great comeback win with great defense in 2nd half. Would have loved to have seen Tobias Jr playing also for the Trojans.
Thanks.. Yes I'd love to see my nephew with us as well.. Good luck to Minford this year. Matthew Gullett is starting the season very well and will be a force this season. I believe he put up close to 20 in one quarter during our scrimmage.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Moses Guthrie wrote:
minford17 wrote:
Moses Guthrie wrote:
Thanks.. Yes I'd love to see my nephew with us as well.. Good luck to Minford this year. Matthew Gullett is starting the season very well and will be a force this season. I believe he put up close to 20 in one quarter during our scrimmage.
Has been shooting the ball very well this year, and will put up high assist numbers also. 21 points and 9 assists in game vs North Adams. He hit 5 3's in that quarter, and 10 altogether that day.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Moses Guthrie wrote:
minford17 wrote:
Minford will be fine once they get some games under their belts with the full roster back.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

hawkeyepierce wrote:In days of yore...you would have trek the steep stairs of the bleachers, search in the dusty and shadowy corners of the top row to find Pfloyd. There you would find an aged man scratching feverishly on his note pad and napkins. A man so intense his eyes gazed and dilated even in the dim light, beads of sweat refusing to fall from his brow because of his intense concentration. Your pillage to the top row was a risk of humiliation, his mood was as mysterious as his basketball intellect; however, in hopes to kiss the ring and bask in his knowledge was well worth the risk. But not many have tried, there have been tales of those that have dared and bravely come away forever changed. Ty Webb. 93Bulldog. Ironman92. danicalifornia. Legends, these brave men that have met the great and powerful Pfloyd.

Well...not today. I found Pfloyd sitting at a scorers' table with his three laptops, a scorebook, an iPad, and his smart phone. The man has gone corporate on us. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't sponsored by Apple.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is always great to see you, my friend. I hope to see at more Vinton County games.

... LMAO !!! that was great "stuff" right there Hawkeyepierce ! LOL ... I'm still "aged" with a "+" sign now ! ... Cheap Seats are Cheap Seats no matter where the game is being played these days ... what started as a way to keep my own boys' game stats to give to them when they will eventually be bringing grandkids to see me has definitely turned into an ongoing passion to "breakdown" teams, learn the game, appreciate great coaching and acknowledge the youngsters who work so hard before /during and after the game of basketball ... Hawk it's always a pleasure to see the VC TEAM play - it has been that way since Coach Combs took the head coaching position in McArthur ... throw in the coaches/staff who surround the TEAM, the fans such as Ty Webb, Dundas & more ... I'm comfortable taking in any Viking game home or away - it's like being at home ... besides I don't shy away from anyone - friend or foe I enjoy being around hoops and the friends I've made courtside ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote:In days of fore...you would have trek the steep stairs of the bleachers, search in the dusty and shadowy corners of the top row to find Pfloyd. There you would find an aged man scratching feverishly on his note pad and napkins. A man so intense his eyes gazed and dilated even in the dim light, beads of sweat refusing to fall from his brow because of his intense concentration. Your pillage to the top row was a risk of humiliation, his mood was as mysterious as his basketball intellect; however, in hopes to kiss the ring and bask in his knowledge was well worth the risk. But not many have tried, there have been tales of those that have dared and bravely come away forever changed. Ty Webb. 93Bulldog. Ironman92. danicalifornia. Legends, these brave men that have met the great and powerful Pfloyd.

Well...not today. I found Pfloyd sitting at a scorers' table with his three laptops, a scorebook, an iPad, and his smart phone. The man has gone corporate on us. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't sponsored by Apple.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is always great to see you, my friend. I hope to see at more Vinton County games.
FIFY

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I KNOW I will not be able to catch ALL of the 72 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line in the season that IS ... BUT I'm doing a good job of putting the committee of one - me ... putting eyes on as many of the Southeast District teams as possible - especially my Elite 8 picks and the top Treehugger Wannabe teams ... so far thru the 14 days since the season opening tipoff between Bloom Carroll vs Chillicothe on Dec 1st I have been able to see 28 different SE District teams ... I will be able to put eyes more as it seems teams have scheduled Monday, Wednesday, Thursday games to go with our usual Tuesday, Friday Saturday menu of games - gotta love it ! ...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

pfloyd wrote:... I KNOW I will not be able to catch ALL of the 72 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line in the season that IS ... BUT I'm doing a good job of putting the committee of one - me ... putting eyes on as many of the Southeast District teams as possible - especially my Elite 8 picks and the top Treehugger Wannabe teams ... so far thru the 14 days since the season opening tipoff between Bloom Carroll vs Chillicothe on Dec 1st I have been able to see 28 different SE District teams ... I will be able to put eyes more as it seems teams have scheduled Monday, Wednesday, Thursday games to go with our usual Tuesday, Friday Saturday menu of games - gotta love it ! ...

I think it's time you buy an RV and just live on the road during basketball season!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:You gotta have VC at #1
You do realize Fairland is probably a state team and Vinton has a bunch of teams in the region just as good.
No clue what the regional teams in D2 and D3 have to do with who is the better of the 2 SE district teams. If D2 Unioto gets to district final and Logan doesn't get out of the sectional...am I not allowed to think Logan is a little better team?

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

minford17 wrote:
Tobias, Jr. is averaging 6.4 ppg and 4.7 rpg for (3-4) GRC. We have no seniors on the team. 3 of our 4 losses have come against teams predicted to make it to Kentucky's Sweet 16: South Laurel, Southwestern, and Campbell County.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ ... bk16/49792

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Phoenix31 wrote:
minford17 wrote:
Tobias, Jr. is averaging 6.4 ppg and 4.7 rpg for (3-4) GRC. We have no seniors on the team. 3 of our 4 losses have come against teams predicted to make it to Kentucky's Sweet 16: South Laurel, Southwestern, and Campbell County.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ ... bk16/49792
Great to hear. Would love to be able to see him play. Loved having the opportunity to coach him in fall baseball a couple of years. My favorite story was when he was 9. I asked him what he was going to do when he got up to bat. His reply was "I don't know." I told him I was hoping to hear him say get a hit. I told him to get a hit and use that speed, and he replied simply "ok". He hit an inside the park home run, and crossed the plate grinning ear to ear.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

minford17 wrote: Great to hear. Would love to be able to see him play. Loved having the opportunity to coach him in fall baseball a couple of years. My favorite story was when he was 9. I asked him what he was going to do when he got up to bat. His reply was "I don't know." I told him I was hoping to hear him say get a hit. I told him to get a hit and use that speed, and he replied simply "ok". He hit an inside the park home run, and crossed the plate grinning ear to ear.
We play at Russell on January 7th at 5:15PM.

We host Greenup County on January 14th at 7PM in Winchester...so he will get to play against his former teammate, Gage Hughes.

I remember that day. Earlier in the day he had his first touchdown in 3rd/4th grade football. That was his first homerun. In addition, he pitched that night and gave up a couple of runs in the top of the final inning. Then the Mudcats came back to win in the bottom of the inning so JJ got his first win as a pitcher.

3 big events - all on the same day.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

I have seen both teams play in person already this year. IMO, Fairland is better than Vinton County.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ShoeHorn wrote:I have seen both teams play in person already this year. IMO, Fairland is better than Vinton County.
I seen the exact same post last year about Unioto being that much better than VC. But we all now how that turned out.

Who knows who would win if they played.

But, I did see Fairland's roster when I was at the Big E classic ... 6'7, 6'7, 6'4, 6'3 ... wowser.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

93Bulldog wrote:I seen the exact same post last year about Unioto being that much better than VC. But we all now how that turned out.

Who knows who would win if they played.

But, I did see Fairland's roster when I was at the Big E classic ... 6'7, 6'7, 6'4, 6'3 ... wowser.
Well Unioto best player broke his hand. Sad that happened. I wanted AP #1 John Glenn vs AP#2 Unioto. Would have been a fun game to watch

Does D2 get 1 or 2 in the regional?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a cancellation for tonight :

Fairfield Union @ Hamilton Twp ... cancelled (make up date yet to be set)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looks likes the Pfloyd Tour will be on the road to Bainbridge to get my 2nd look at Unioto this time vs the SVC Big Man from Paint Valley Dylan Swingle ... looking forward to giving the Shermans a 2nd "look see" ... it's almost an hour and a half to B-bridge from here in the Hocking Hills - my first ever trip to the home of the Bearcats ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”