Western @ East: Friday 12/9/16

Western24
Freshman Team

Western @ East: Friday 12/9/16

Post by Western24 »

This particular matchup is turning into a rivalry, and a darn good one at that. What are some thoughts and predictions on this game?

Is Blaine Scott healthy?

Has East played anyone yet?

This should be a fun one to watch, however on their home floor I would suspect most people to think East will have the advantage.

Predictions?
Last edited by Western24 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

js7_22
Varsity

Re: Western @ East

Post by js7_22 »

Did Western lose a lot of people on last years' team? If they lost 2-3 starters I can't see this going in their favor.

East returns a solid core of kids and can't see this being too close in my opinion. East has the small court advantage, specially if Scott plays. This will be Easts first regular season game I believe.

EagleEye3
Riding the Bench

Post by EagleEye3 »

East will take this one being at home. However I wouldn't want to be East later in the year traveling to Latham. Kyle Miller will have this team improving every week and they will be tough to beat as the year goes on

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

Don't the Tartans play Ironton St. Joe tonight? That would be the first look for the Tartans before they host Western, and then play Minford the following day at the SSU classic.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

UKNate wrote:Don't the Tartans play Ironton St. Joe tonight? That would be the first look for the Tartans before they host Western, and then play Minford the following day at the SSU classic.
The master schedule says this Friday for the game. I wish people would make a title with day or date on it so people know.

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

js7_22 wrote:
UKNate wrote:Don't the Tartans play Ironton St. Joe tonight? That would be the first look for the Tartans before they host Western, and then play Minford the following day at the SSU classic.
The master schedule says this Friday for the game. I wish people would make a title with day or date on it so people know.

Originally East had St. Joe scheduled tonight, it appears that schedule just changed very recently now East plays St. Joe on the 22nd, just wanting to verify, I would hate to drive up from Proctorville to see East-St Joe and have to turn around when I arrive at an empty gym.. :)

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Re: Western @ East: Friday 12/9/16

Post by Ukfanatic »

Western will be pretty good. Did lose two starters and a key sub. Wathed them play Manchester Friday. Didn't have the same intensity defensively as last year. I do believe Coach Miller will bring it out of them. The three seniors were the heart of the team, they were the first ones on the floor, etc. Westerns starting five is very good but not much depth. East should win at East but by the time they travel to west LA I think western will be a completely different team. Is the Scott kid healthy enough to play?

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

I was wondering the same thing, I could of swore that it was originally scheduled that East played Ironton sj tonight.

Mended Ankles
Waterboy

Post by Mended Ankles »

East too much at home for the Indians. Western will look to peak when it matters the most.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Who has East even scrimmaged?

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Does anyone have this information. It would be a good gauge to see where east is going into their first game. Scrimmages leading up to the season can tell a lot.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

SOC 1 competition starts tonight. Some great opening league games tonight, including this one. I hope to see a good game at East tonight and hear of other good games around the conference. The SOC 1 looks to be the best it has in years and would be great to see it live up to all the hype.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

East scrimmage schedule must be the best kept secret in the southeast district. :lol: Is Blaine Scott playing tonight?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

65-60 Western wins.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I'd like to know how many 15 yard personal foul penalties East had in this one. I'm sure the basketball coach has as much control as the football coach did! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Great win for Western. To go into East and get a conference win the first league game of the season is huge. Gives western a leg up in the conference race. Hard to win in that small gym. I am sure it was a great atmosphere!

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

The Oaf wrote:I'd like to know how many 15 yard personal foul penalties East had in this one. I'm sure the basketball coach has as much control as the football coach did! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Post by IWatchFromTheStands »

Now East has to play Clay @ Clay this Friday. I'm sure the players from East will get rough and try to commit as many fouls as possible in this game. I could see East going 0-2 to start out in SOC standings after this game on Friday. Gilliland just had a 30 point game last week in one of their first games of the year and King had 29 points this last Saturday against Manchester.

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

IWatchFromTheStands wrote:Now East has to play Clay @ Clay this Friday. I'm sure the players from East will get rough and try to commit as many fouls as possible in this game. I could see East going 0-2 to start out in SOC standings after this game on Friday. Gilliland just had a 30 point game last week in one of their first games of the year and King had 29 points this last Saturday against Manchester.

Really? Try to commit as many fouls as possible? Classy classy post buddy...

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

I hope my Green "Bulldogs" can upset one of these teams but still think we are a year or so away.

Return to “Boys Basketball”