Western @ East: Friday 12/9/16

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Re: Western @ East: Friday 12/9/16

Post by IWatchFromTheStands »

Blue33 wrote:
IWatchFromTheStands wrote:Now East has to play Clay @ Clay this Friday. I'm sure the players from East will get rough and try to commit as many fouls as possible in this game. I could see East going 0-2 to start out in SOC standings after this game on Friday. Gilliland just had a 30 point game last week in one of their first games of the year and King had 29 points this last Saturday against Manchester.

Really? Try to commit as many fouls as possible? Classy classy post buddy...
Coming from an East fan :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

The Oaf wrote:I'd like to know how many 15 yard personal foul penalties East had in this one. I'm sure the basketball coach has as much control as the football coach did! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, if we were to judge this program and its coach from previous history instead of trying to take a general potshot at the school, then you would know the basketball program hasn't had those kind of disciplinary issues while also winning quite a few games. So actually, the basketball coach has had quite a bit more control. ;)
IWatchFromTheStands wrote:Now East has to play Clay @ Clay this Friday. I'm sure the players from East will get rough and try to commit as many fouls as possible in this game. I could see East going 0-2 to start out in SOC standings after this game on Friday. Gilliland just had a 30 point game last week in one of their first games of the year and King had 29 points this last Saturday against Manchester.
What team/coach in their right mind would "try" to commit as many fouls as possible? I'm sure the Tartans want to win this game, and committing a lot of fouls isn't exactly a proven recipe for success. Clay has been very good and the teams have split the past two seasons with each holding their home court, so you're not exactly going out on a limb that East "could" start out 0-2 in league play. Gilliland and King are both excellent players capable of high scoring nights, but the opponents were Northwest and Manchester...not exactly teams who have been on the Tartans' level.

IWatchFromTheStands
Waterboy

Post by IWatchFromTheStands »

Well if you've seen east play then you would know that they in fact are purposely rough to their opponents. That is what I mean by they will try and commit fouls (a little sarcasm. laugh a little). Anyway Manchester is highly improved as I went and watched that game and they aren't too bad. Competed well against Clay. I also didn't know that I had to "go out on a limb" to comment on these threads. Should be a hard fought game for both teams as they both try to avoid 0-2 in league play.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

IWatchFromTheStands wrote:Well if you've seen east play then you would know that they in fact are purposely rough to their opponents. That is what I mean by they will try and commit fouls (a little sarcasm. laugh a little). Anyway Manchester is highly improved as I went and watched that game and they aren't too bad. Competed well against Clay. I also didn't know that I had to "go out on a limb" to comment on these threads. Should be a hard fought game for both teams as they both try to avoid 0-2 in league play.
Not sure how you could definitively know players' actions as purposeful or incidental simply watching from the stands. Also, how could you say so through only 2 games? This is not football season. The reputation of the football team should not influence your opinion of the basketball team. What can be proven in fact, is that the basketball program the past few seasons has not been heavily penalized, especially of the technical variety. Your poor attempt at humor was not only not funny, but is also simply not true.

Manchester is improved....and still like 1-5. Still not on the level of the top tier teams in div. IV in the district. You don't have to go out on a limb to post here, but you were acting as if you were making some profound statement that East could start 0-2 in league play. Both teams were 0-1 in league entering the night and naturally one was going home 0-2.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

East kids have solidified this reputation. No pot shots needed. They speak for themselves. I can read topix too!

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

The Oaf wrote:East kids have solidified this reputation. No pot shots needed. They speak for themselves. I can read topix too!
Cite a basketball game that you have witnessed them being excessively or purposefully hurtful to an opposing team.....

Topix? The most trusted and reliable source for news! The fact that you reference it says all I need to know about you.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

TheSportsGuy wrote:
The Oaf wrote:East kids have solidified this reputation. No pot shots needed. They speak for themselves. I can read topix too!
Cite a basketball game that you have witnessed them being excessively or purposefully hurtful to an opposing team.....

Topix? The most trusted and reliable source for news! The fact that you reference it says all I need to know about you.
The topix comment was a joke. Look Pal, I truly could give 2 flying ph*cks about mouth breathing oxy heads or their athletic programs. I have no ties to East anymore. If you think I'm the only one on here who feels this way then that in turn tells me all I need to know about you as well.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

The Oaf wrote:
TheSportsGuy wrote:

The topix comment was a joke. Look Pal, I truly could give 2 flying ph*cks about mouth breathing oxy heads or their athletic programs. I have no ties to East anymore. If you think I'm the only one on here who feels this way then that in turn tells me all I need to know about you as well.
Then maybe go post on topix? Negativity is much more accepted and expected on that site.

Return to “Boys Basketball”