SOC2 (2016-17) Schedule/Results/Standings

Sport Fan
JV Team

Re: SOC2 (2016-17) Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by Sport Fan »

Oaktown wrote:
wobycat wrote:Burg isn't that great either but I believe they're better than oak hill. Holden and lowery are legit. Coleman is very solid. The other two are fundamental. Dyer off the bench provides height and athletic ability. You don't have to be salty about another man's opinion.
My apologies, not trying to make it personal. With that being said, in two games with Burg, Oak Hill is still 3 points better. Oak Hill has the resume to support it and Burg does not. The only comparable basis we have to go on is that they split meetings and you were beaten by the same South Webster team we disposed of by 22 points. If Burg wins that game maybe you have a legitimate argument.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.
After seeing this game/ Oak Hill has some good talent and are very well coached. The Burg is getting better each and every game I see them play, more aggressive on defense and not settling just for the 3 ball, driving to the hole and causing more pressure on the defense. Coleman is a very good player and the reason at least on this night that he did not score like he usually does, was because he only played 3 minutes in first half because of fowl trouble. Anytime I hear anyone bringing up the (bad refs) caused this or that, it makes me sick, I have always played and taught others that you have to be better than bad calls, it is not what happens to you that counts, it is how you react to it that does. I believe that both teams our very sound/ just speaking to this game played, Burg need to improve on their free throws to have a chance on going deep in tourney , they missed 16 .

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

wobycat wrote:
Oaktown wrote:
wobycat wrote:Burg isn't that great either but I believe they're better than oak hill. Holden and lowery are legit. Coleman is very solid. The other two are fundamental. Dyer off the bench provides height and athletic ability. You don't have to be salty about another man's opinion.
My apologies, not trying to make it personal. With that being said, in two games with Burg, Oak Hill is still 3 points better. Oak Hill has the resume to support it and Burg does not. The only comparable basis we have to go on is that they split meetings and you were beaten by the same South Webster team we disposed of by 22 points. If Burg wins that game maybe you have a legitimate argument.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.
I wouldn't think that you would believe burg is better, but at least keep in mind that burg went deep in football playoffs missing around three weeks of practice, and getting used to the court.
Right, but you lost to South Webster 3 weeks into the season and Oak Hill didn't beat you until January. How long are you going to use that excuse? Are you guys going to still be saying in March if you lose in the tournament that it was because you started 3 weeks later than everyone else?

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

While we are bringing up Burg being 3 weeks behind this year (4 last year), let's bring this up.

Oak Hill has basketball as their last period of the day YEAR ROUND. No other coach gets access to these "practices". So not only is Burg behind 3 weeks on the Oaks...

If they play in the tournament, Burg will win again. The defensive game plan was great, and the Burg's game plan and defense held them to 40. I have yet to hear people talking about how the game plan held Hale to 2 points.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

hoops37 wrote:While we are bringing up Burg being 3 weeks behind this year (4 last year), let's bring this up.

Oak Hill has basketball as their last period of the day YEAR ROUND. No other coach gets access to these "practices". So not only is Burg behind 3 weeks on the Oaks...

If they play in the tournament, Burg will win again. The defensive game plan was great, and the Burg's game plan and defense held them to 40. I have yet to hear people talking about how the game plan held Hale to 2 points.
I will let the rest of the SOC2 know they need to take a 3 week break to let Wheelersburg get all caught up. :lol:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Oaktown wrote:
hoops37 wrote:While we are bringing up Burg being 3 weeks behind this year (4 last year), let's bring this up.

I will let the rest of the SOC2 know they need to take a 3 week break to let Wheelersburg get all caught up. :lol:
Typical oaks fan. Bein a smart arse

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Oaktown wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:

You have this butchered... Holden and Coleman are legit***.. Coleman is the best big man in the league, hands down. Lowery is OK I guess, but legit is a little much.

So you missed Long holding Coleman to 4 points the other night then? Add in his blocked shots and double digit rebounds and Coleman was a non-factor in that game. There's more to being the best big than just scoring points on teams with no post defenders. How about defense and rebounds? Kind of important stuff in basketball.

I would honestly stop talking about how great and wonderful you think you have become over night and start worrying about a very good Waverly team that can easily hang another L on your head.

Are you serious??? Those two fouls Kaden picked up in the first qtr were total BS!!! One on a moving screen that both teams did the rest of the night and another one was never called and the 2nd on a drive where there was very little contact. Also, he wasn't "held" to 4 points by anyone. IMO, he didn't touch the ball enough in the paint because OH had no one that could cover him down there. We're talking about a player that was averaging around 20-25 points a game the last 3-4 games and I bet he didn't shoot the ball 5 times in this game. When No. 14 for OH picked up his 3rd foul early in the 3rd qtr and then he was still guarding Coleman, HE HARDLY EVEN TOUCHED THE BALL AFTER THAT!!!!!!They could have easily gotten him out of the game because he struggled with Coleman's strength underneath. You can't score if you don't get the ball. At least that is the way it was when I played ball.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Standings (Updated Feb-04 05:07 PM)

• (11-1) Oak Hill
    (10-2) Wheelersburg
    (8-4) South Webster
    (7-4) Waverly
    (6-6) Minford
    (2-10) Valley
    (2-10) West
    (1-10) Northwest

=========================================================================
Schedule/Results

Fri Dec-09
  • Wheelersburg(62) @ (54)Valley
    Waverly(69) @ (54)West
    Minford(33) @ (47)South Webster
    Oak Hill(53) @ (33)Northwest
Fri Dec-16
  • South Webster(38) @ (35)Wheelersburg
    West(61) @ (71)Valley
    Northwest(41) @ (61)Minford
    Oak Hill(56) @ (45)Waverly
Tue Dec-20
  • Minford(34) @ (52)Wheelersburg
    Northwest(61) @ (63)West
    Valley(38) @ (60)Oak Hill
    South Webster(47) @ (56)Waverly
Fri Jan-06
  • Valley(57) @ (76)South Webster
Tue Jan-10
  • Northwest(38) @ (62)Wheelersburg
    South Webster(65) @ (36)West
    Valley(73) @ (78)Waverly
    Oak Hill(55) @ (39)Minford
Fri Jan-13
  • Waverly(46) @ (51)Wheelersburg
    West(45) @ (57)Oak Hill
    Minford(70) @ (65)Valley
    South Webster(64) @ (34)Northwest
Sat Jan-14
  • Wheelersburg(50) @ (57)Oak Hill
Tue Jan-17
  • Wheelersburg(55) @ (41)West
    Northwest @ Valley
    Waverly(53) @ (58)Minford
    Oak Hill(64) @ (42)South Webster
Fri Jan-20
  • Valley(35) @ (60)Wheelersburg
    West(73) @ (75)Waverly
    South Webster(50) @ (40)Minford
    Northwest(28) @ (74)Oak Hill
Tue Jan-24
  • Wheelersburg(68) @ (55)South Webster
    Valley(47) @ (61)West
    Minford(55) @ (48)Northwest
    Waverly(47) @ (57)Oak Hill
Wed Jan-25
  • West(47) @ (56)Minford
Fri Jan-27
  • Wheelersburg(68) @ (50)Minford
    West(29) @ (41)Northwest
    Oak Hill(61) @ (35)Valley
    Waverly(59) @ (50)South Webster
Tue Jan-31
  • Oak Hill(40) @ (44)Wheelersburg
    Minford(55) @ (35)West
    South Webster(48) @ (40)Valley
    Northwest(46) @ (69)Waverly
Fri Feb-03
  • Wheelersburg @ Northwest
    West(45) @ (69)South Webster
    Waverly(48) @ (29)Valley
    Minford(45) @ (56)Oak Hill
Fri Feb-10
  • Wheelersburg @ Waverly
    Oak Hill @ West
    Valley @ Minford
    Northwest @ South Webster
Tue Feb-14
  • Waverly @ Northwest
Fri Feb-17
  • West @ Wheelersburg
    Valley @ Northwest
    Minford @ Waverly
    South Webster @ Oak Hill

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Burg @ Northwest score?

Michael Scott
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg won 54-35

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Just to post some facts for some of you guys that say officiating doesn't matter. Here are some stats on the Oak Hill vs Burg game. Oak Hill was 16 for 40 on field goals for 40% to Burgs 13 for 36 on field goals for 36%. Oaks 5 of 14 for threes for 36% vs Burg 3 for 13 for 23%. So score based on field goals alone was Oaks 37- Burgs 29. The difference was the Oaks were 3-3 on free throws and Burg was 15 of 24. So basically the Oaks were statistically better in every offensive shooting category.

24 free throw attempts vs 3. Any more questions as to whether or not referees impact the outcome of games? Or any questions as to how lop sided the fouls were in that game? 12 of those fouls were called on 3 Oak Hill starters just on Tanner Holden.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

South Point had the same problem when they played at burg....Burg had way more free throws...Don't tell me refs don't matter...And the refs always give the so called stars the benefit of the doubt....Tanner Holden dunked one on SP...He couldn't just get back on defense.. He had to turn around and stare and pose the SP player down for 5 seconds without the refs teeing him up...It's sickening how these refs kiss certain Coaches and players butts because of their name or status....By the way the Holden kid didn't impress me at all...He scored 6 points....Coleman kid is their best player....If I were 6'5 and couldn't get more than 6 point on a team I sure wouldn't be showboating......

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Oaktown wrote:Just to post some facts for some of you guys that say officiating doesn't matter. Here are some stats on the Oak Hill vs Burg game. Oak Hill was 16 for 40 on field goals for 40% to Burgs 13 for 36 on field goals for 36%. Oaks 5 of 14 for threes for 36% vs Burg 3 for 13 for 23%. So score based on field goals alone was Oaks 37- Burgs 29. The difference was the Oaks were 3-3 on free throws and Burg was 15 of 24. So basically the Oaks were statistically better in every offensive shooting category.

24 free throw attempts vs 3. Any more questions as to whether or not referees impact the outcome of games? Or any questions as to how lop sided the fouls were in that game? 12 of those fouls were called on 3 Oak Hill starters just on Tanner Holden.

Like I said on another post about this game-Were you even there???? Oak Hill shot jump shot after jump shot all night and hardly took the ball to the hole. Burg, Holden in paticular was driving the ball to the basket most of the game, getting the fouls and getting to the line. You said it yourself when you said OH shot 14 threes. How many of there other 26 shots were in the paint? If memory serves me correctly I don't remember to many layups by OH.

Mr Wonderful, you are correct. Coleman is the best player on the Burg and it has shown the last 5-6 games as he is averaging around 25 a game during that span. The reason he only scored 5 against OH is that the Burg did not get him the ball down low. OH had NO ONE that could guard him just like SP didn't and he dropped 28 on them. Holden is a 16 year old kid. You going to tell me a South Point player has never stared down a player from the other team after making a play on them ?????? Please!!!! Sell that crap to someone else!!!!

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

yabbadabodoo or whatever your name is fred.....You darn right SP has stared down a kid and posed but they got teed up for it....So if a kid is 16 he gets a free pass from this!!!!! Go sell that crap to a liberal because that's the way they think!!! Make these kids accountable! Trouble with you and a lot of other people you watch this crap on TV and think it's cute. .Burg calls it swagger.. I call it arrogant punk cockiness ! Just maybe the reason coleman scored 5 is that persins defense shut him down and I guarantee if SP plays Burg again he wont get 28 pts

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

:lol: :lol: :roll:
mrwonderful wrote:yabbadabodoo or whatever your name is fred.....You darn right SP has stared down a kid and posed but they got teed up for it....So if a kid is 16 he gets a free pass from this!!!!! Go sell that crap to a liberal because that's the way they think!!! Make these kids accountable! Trouble with you and a lot of other people you watch this crap on TV and think it's cute. .Burg calls it swagger.. I call it arrogant punk cockiness ! Just maybe the reason coleman scored 5 is that persins defense shut him down and I guarantee if SP plays Burg again he wont get 28 pts
lol

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg 47
Waverly 42

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly hit one three ball and that was in the first period. Tigers shot 11-16 from the line while Wheelersburg's Kaden Coleman hit 16-19 himself, a perfect 9-9 in the 2nd half and 6-6 in the 4th. Coleman lead all scorers with 26 points, 10 in the 4th. Tigers make just a couple more of those threes or a couple of the 5 FT's they missed and it's a different game.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Anyone have the Northwest @ Valley score on 1/17/17 ?
Northwest @ South Webster on 2/10/17

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Standings (Updated Feb-11 09:32 PM)

• (12-1) Oak Hill
    (11-2) Wheelersburg
    (9-4) South Webster
    (7-5) Waverly
    (7-6) Minford
    (2-11) Valley
    (2-11) West
    (1-11) Northwest

Schedule/Results

Fri Dec-09
    Waverly(69) @ (54)West
Fri Dec-16
    West(61) @ (71)Valley
Tue Dec-20
    Northwest(61) @ (63)West
Fri Jan-06
Tue Jan-10
    Valley(73) @ (78)Waverly
Fri Jan-13
    West(45) @ (57)Oak Hill
    Minford(70) @ (65)Valley
Sat Jan-14
Tue Jan-17
    Northwest @ Valley
Fri Jan-20
    West(73) @ (75)Waverly
Tue Jan-24
    Valley(47) @ (61)West
Wed Jan-25
  • West(47) @ (56)Minford
Fri Jan-27
    West(29) @ (41)Northwest
Tue Jan-31
    Minford(55) @ (35)West
Fri Feb-03
  • Wheelersburg(54) @ (35)Northwest
    Waverly(48) @ (29)Valley
Fri Feb-10
  • Wheelersburg(47) @ (42)Waverly
    Oak Hill(53) @ (48)West
    Valley(41) @ (51)Minford
    Northwest @ South Webster
Tue Feb-14
  • Waverly @ Northwest
Fri Feb-17
  • West @ Wheelersburg
    Valley @ Northwest
    Minford @ Waverly
    South Webster @ Oak Hill

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Standings (Updated Feb-11 09:40 PM)

• (12-1) Oak Hill
    (11-2) Wheelersburg
    (9-4) South Webster
    (7-5) Waverly
    (7-6) Minford
    (2-11) Valley
    (2-11) West
    (1-11) Northwest

Schedule/Results

Fri Dec-09
    Waverly(69) @ (54)West
Fri Dec-16
    West(61) @ (71)Valley
Tue Dec-20
    Northwest(61) @ (63)West
Fri Jan-06
Tue Jan-10
    Valley(73) @ (78)Waverly
Fri Jan-13
    West(45) @ (57)Oak Hill
    Minford(70) @ (65)Valley
Sat Jan-14
Tue Jan-17
    Northwest @ Valley
Fri Jan-20
    West(73) @ (75)Waverly
Tue Jan-24
    Valley(47) @ (61)West
Wed Jan-25
  • West(47) @ (56)Minford
Fri Jan-27
    West(29) @ (41)Northwest
Tue Jan-31
    Minford(55) @ (35)West
Fri Feb-03
  • Wheelersburg(54) @ (35)Northwest
    Waverly(48) @ (29)Valley
Fri Feb-10
  • Wheelersburg(47) @ (42)Waverly
    Oak Hill(53) @ (48)West
    Valley(41) @ (51)Minford
    Northwest(37) @ (69)South Webster
Tue Feb-14
  • Waverly @ Northwest
Fri Feb-17
  • West @ Wheelersburg
    Valley @ Northwest
    Minford @ Waverly
    South Webster @ Oak Hill

Michael Scott
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly has to win out and Oak Hill beat South Webster for the Tigers to share 3rd place with the Jeeps. Not what the Tigers were hoping for after a 9-1 start but it's been a good year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”