SEOPS HO

Re: [=== SOC2 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by smurray »

Waverly beat SW 59-50

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: SOC2 (2016-17) Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by bbjunky81 »

Huge game tonight with Oak Hill @ Wheelersburg.

If Oak Hill wins it, it's all over for the SOC 2. If Wheelersburg wins it, it makes it a little more interesting but Burg would then need Oak Hill to suffer another loss and their only SOC matches remaining are: Minford at home, @ West, South Webster at home. Not quite sure any of those teams can do it.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

bbjunky81 wrote:Huge game tonight with Oak Hill @ Wheelersburg.

If Oak Hill wins it, it's all over for the SOC 2. If Wheelersburg wins it, it makes it a little more interesting but Burg would then need Oak Hill to suffer another loss and their only SOC matches remaining are: Minford at home, @ West, South Webster at home. Not quite sure any of those teams can do it.
couldn't agree more

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

It's Oak Hill's to lose

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

smurray wrote:It's Oak Hill's to lose
It is, but now with a loss, they have some pressure on them

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

4thgoal wrote:
And should the Tigers take care of business next week at home Oak Hill can afford another loss, but I don't think they'll lose at home to Minford or SW.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly 69 Northwest 46

Waverly scoring:
Trey Rigsby 11
Clayton Howell 10
Jake Reed 10
Easton Wolfe 10
Bailey Pennington 9
Ethan Adrian 7
Cade Marquez 6
Cobe Marquez 2
Brandon Nibert 2
Gage Savely 2

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

4thgoal wrote:

So, I take it Burg won tonight?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
4thgoal wrote:

Yes, 44-40. Burg missed way to many FT's. should have been a 10-12 point win

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
4thgoal wrote: It is, but now with a loss, they have some pressure on them

And if Oak Hill hadn't missed 6 layups they win by 8 or if the refs hadn't treated Holden like Lebron James bailing him out on every out of control drive then it's an entirely different game. I believe Oaks had two free throw attempts all night. Typical officiating game at Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg got the win, leave it at that. Don't make it out to be more than it was, a 4 point win. 2 of which were on a foul to stop the clock.

Dragon's Lair
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragon's Lair »

Discussion OVER.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Oaktown wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

And if Oak Hill hadn't missed 6 layups they win by 8 or if the refs hadn't treated Holden like Lebron James bailing him out on every out of control drive then it's an entirely different game. I believe Oaks had two free throw attempts all night. Typical officiating game at Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg got the win, leave it at that. Don't make it out to be more than it was, a 4 point win. 2 of which were on a foul to stop the clock.
Oh boo hoo. U want some cheese with that whine. We must not have watched the same game b/c the better team won. Im sorry but I wasn't real impressed with oak hill and I don't know how they managed to go undefeated this long

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
Oaktown wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Oh boo hoo. U want some cheese with that whine. We must not have watched the same game b/c the better team won. Im sorry but I wasn't real impressed with oak hill and I don't know how they managed to go undefeated this long

You want some more real facts? You obviously haven't watched another Oaks game all season or you would realize just how lucky you are that the Oaks played as poorly as they did tonight. All the stars and the moon alligned just right for Wheelersburg (plus throw in a couple shatty refs) and you still only won by 4. Oh and in case you forgot, we still lead the SOC2 because you lost to a team we beat by 20+. So go drink some more of that wine and celebrate that win tonight like it was a state championship, because it will probably be the last thing you get to celebrate this season :lol:

Do you know what the really funny thing is about your comments? You don't even realize that by cutting down the Oaks by saying they aren't that good doesn't make Wheelersburg sound better, it makes them sound worse. :lol:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Oaktown wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

You want some more real facts? You obviously haven't watched another Oaks game all season or you would realize just how lucky you are that the Oaks played as poorly as they did tonight. All the stars and the moon alligned just right for Wheelersburg (plus throw in a couple shatty refs) and you still only won by 4. Oh and in case you forgot, we still lead the SOC2 because you lost to a team we beat by 20+. So go drink some more of that wine and celebrate that win tonight like it was a state championship, because it will probably be the last thing you get to celebrate this season :lol:

Do you know what the really funny thing is about your comments? You don't even realize that by cutting down the Oaks by saying they aren't that good doesn't make Wheelersburg sound better, it makes them sound worse. :lol:
Yea your right. I haven't watched another oak hill game. OH wait I have b/c I was at the first meeting in which u guys only won by 7 and in case u didn't notice we only had a couple wks of practice as a team before our first game b/c we were still playin football. Now I'm not sayin that's why we lost but still. What I am sayin is I was not impressed in the first meeting and I wasn't impressed tonight.

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

Oaktown,
Those were the same shatty refs that done the game at Oak Hill. So find something else to blame it on.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Oaktown wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

I was wondering how long this would take.
But Waverly knows exactly what you're talking about with officials bailing Holden out. It was just one ref but won't blame the loss on that. Tigers had the lead and missed FT's.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

The reality is that officials make bad calls in every game. It does happen consistently at Wheelersburg but you know that going in. Smurray is right, if Waverly hits their free throws they win in spite of some questionable calls at the Burg. I wasn't impressed either time watching Oak Hill beat Waverly. After both games I said how did we lose to them. But you know what they just win baby. They don't turn the ball over, run good offense, compete and have a hall of fame coach who has won over 700 games. They are not flashy but they win, over and over. They also have the absolute worst fan base, and it is hard to top Burg or Minford in that regard!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ukfanatic wrote:The reality is that officials make bad calls in every game. It does happen consistently at Wheelersburg but you know that going in. Smurray is right, if Waverly hits their free throws they win in spite of some questionable calls at the Burg. I wasn't impressed either time watching Oak Hill beat Waverly. After both games I said how did we lose to them. But you know what they just win baby. They don't turn the ball over, run good offense, compete and have a hall of fame coach who has won over 700 games. They are not flashy but they win, over and over. They also have the absolute worst fan base, and it is hard to top Burg or Minford in that regard!
Spot on

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Ukfanatic wrote:The reality is that officials make bad calls in every game. It does happen consistently at Wheelersburg but you know that going in. Smurray is right, if Waverly hits their free throws they win in spite of some questionable calls at the Burg. I wasn't impressed either time watching Oak Hill beat Waverly. After both games I said how did we lose to them. But you know what they just win baby. They don't turn the ball over, run good offense, compete and have a hall of fame coach who has won over 700 games. They are not flashy but they win, over and over. They also have the absolute worst fan base, and it is hard to top Burg or Minford in that regard!
No one is using refs as an excuse. Everyone knows how bad it is playing at Burg and you know what to expect and what to prepare for. The Oaks had the worst offensive performance of the season and they paid for it with a loss.

My response is more about Burg fans gloating about a 4 point win by saying the Oaks aren't that impressive. In two games with Burg, Oak Hill still outscored them by 3. Talking down about Oak Hill is talking down about your own team. My lesson for the day: Don't be stupid and realize that.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Oaktown wrote:
No one is using refs as an excuse. Everyone knows how bad it is playing at Burg and you know what to expect and what to prepare for. The Oaks had the worst offensive performance of the season and they paid for it with a loss.

My response is more about Burg fans gloating about a 4 point win by saying the Oaks aren't that impressive. In two games with Burg, Oak Hill still outscored them by 3. Talking down about Oak Hill is talking down about your own team. My lesson for the day: Don't be stupid and realize that.
It's funny you say that about the fanbase, because we say the same about Wheelersburg and Waverly and Minford. :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”