Symmes Valley @ Clay 01-28-11

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Symmes Valley @ Clay 01-28-11

Post by rockyraccoon »

Symmes Valley comes off a 81 - 48 win over East, who Clay struggled putting away. Clay beat SV at their place by 10. Should be a great game, as SV really needs to win to stay in SOC contention. Green should stay at one loss since they are playing Western, Eastern has 2 losses and play NB at NB, so that could go either way. Makes this SV vs Clay game very important for the top 4 teams. Hope to see a big crowd there supporting the Panthers!

WestBuckeye
Waterboy

Re: Symmes Valley @ Clay 01-28-11

Post by WestBuckeye »

SV wins in a close one!

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

I'll take SV by 6...............

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Clay lead almost the entire game in their win at Symmes Valley. They were up 19 points in the third quarter and slowed up letting SV cut it back to within 8 or 9. They did shoot 19 - 22 from the foul line that night, so that could be a factor, but I don't see Clay having a problem winning this one at home and think they should win by at least 10 points again.

Noexcuses
Waterboy

Post by Noexcuses »

IMO, Our guards can handle their guards, the win will depend on Graham & Porter finishing at the basket!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Depends on what the coach does in the last few minutes of the game if Clay has the lead. If he lets them continue to run the offense, they win. If he goes into his stall, they lose.

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

Game is on!!!!!! GO VIKINGS

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I think Clay will win this game but not by much unless the post will get it done down low and play strong and not fade away on shots

WWH
Riding the Bench

Post by WWH »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Depends on what the coach does in the last few minutes of the game if Clay has the lead. If he lets them continue to run the offense, they win. If he goes into his stall, they lose.

One simple question. What are the players suppose to think when they read this ??? Your a relative and a fan !!! And believe me, they do read this. WOW !!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

WWH wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Depends on what the coach does in the last few minutes of the game if Clay has the lead. If he lets them continue to run the offense, they win. If he goes into his stall, they lose.

One simple question. What are the players suppose to think when they read this ??? Your a relative and a fan !!! And believe me, they do read this. WOW !!!
The truth hurts, don't it.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

This should be a good one, Symmes Valley has been playing some good basketball lately. While Clay has been a little out of rhythm (The Western victory doesn't count as bouncing back..LOL). Not sure who to take in this game.

WWH
Riding the Bench

Post by WWH »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
WWH wrote:

The truth hurts, don't it.
You should know !!!

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Congratulations Vikings. Great job!

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

CLAY 8 10 18 16 52
S. V. 12 15 16 19 62

Clay jumped out to a 4 - 0 lead, but that would be their only lead of the game. They only scored 8 points in the first quarter going about 0 - 5 from three point range. SV built a 27 - 18 halftime lead and stretched it to 39 - 27 before Clay finally applied full court pressure and forced SV to make several turnovers. They got within 2 points at 46 - 44 with 4 minutes in the fourth, but could never hit the one shot they needed to get them tied. At 2 minutes it was 51 - 48 but again they would fail to hit a shot. SV pulled away in the waning seconds as Clay tried to get desperation shots off and SV would hit a lay up to a man streaking down the court. They did that all night, and Clay could never get anyone back.
For Clay it was just one of those nights when nothing would fall. They got plenty of wide open looks, but it seemed like every loose ball or batted rebound landed right in the hands of a SV player. SV played with a lot more intensity, Clay didn't really turn it up until they started their press. In retrospect, looking how SV handle the pressure, they probably should have pressed earlier, but bottom line is, you still have to hit some shots to win.
Congrats to the Vikings on a good road win. I believe Clay is 7 - 2, SV and Eastern at 6 - 2 with Green being alone in first place in the SOC I at 8 - 1. Should be a great set of games to end the season.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Looking at the remaing game I have the following....

Green vs Symmes Valley, Notre Dame, Clay, Eastern and a make up with East at some point

Clay vs Eastern, East, Western, Green and Notre Dame

Eastern vs Symmes Valley, Clay, Symmes Valley, East and Green

Symmes Valley vs Eastern, Green, Eastern, New Boston and Western.

I would give Clay the edge the easiest closing schedule, so this season might come down to the final night when Clay plays Notre Dame, Eastern plays Green and Symmes Valley plays Western. That Eastern/Green game could be the pivotal game of the season.

WWH
Riding the Bench

Post by WWH »

rockyraccoon wrote:CLAY 8 10 18 16 52
S. V. 12 15 16 19 62

Clay jumped out to a 4 - 0 lead, but that would be their only lead of the game. They only scored 8 points in the first quarter going about 0 - 5 from three point range. SV built a 27 - 18 halftime lead and stretched it to 39 - 27 before Clay finally applied full court pressure and forced SV to make several turnovers. They got within 2 points at 46 - 44 with 4 minutes in the fourth, but could never hit the one shot they needed to get them tied. At 2 minutes it was 51 - 48 but again they would fail to hit a shot. SV pulled away in the waning seconds as Clay tried to get desperation shots off and SV would hit a lay up to a man streaking down the court. They did that all night, and Clay could never get anyone back.
For Clay it was just one of those nights when nothing would fall. They got plenty of wide open looks, but it seemed like every loose ball or batted rebound landed right in the hands of a SV player. SV played with a lot more intensity, Clay didn't really turn it up until they started their press. In retrospect, looking how SV handle the pressure, they probably should have pressed earlier, but bottom line is, you still have to hit some shots to win.
Congrats to the Vikings on a good road win. I believe Clay is 7 - 2, SV and Eastern at 6 - 2 with Green being alone in first place in the SOC I at 8 - 1. Should be a great set of games to end the season.
Very clever. Trainer waited to long before he pressed. Trainer never adjusted to the man streaking down the court. Trainer didn't have his kids ready to play. You even say that Clay (players) was unlucky. Then you congratulate SV on a nice win. Your such a great guy !!! Same ole' song and dance wrapped alittle differant. Nice Monday morning observation. To bad the game was played Friday night.

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

Well I'm glad to see SV get the win...... Green played Western but looked real strong and made a lot 3's.... Going to be a shoot out Tuesday at SV.... GO CATS

What Time Is It?
Waterboy

Post by What Time Is It? »

Clay came out flat.. again. The 2 losses the players dont seem pumped up while the other teams are yelling and playing harder. Clay got dominated on the boards and all the missed shots didnt help. As bad as Clay played even hitting 4 or 5 3's instead of 2 would have made the difference. I agree with RR when Clay started to press is when the tempo changed, if Clay would have pressed earlier the game might have been a different story for Clay. The Panthers got out toughed in my mind. Good road win for the Vikings should be a great SOC race to end the year!

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

The Portsmouth Daily Times said Clay missed their first 15 three pointers and ended up 2 - 21 on the night, that's following the New Boston 1 - 15 night. So in the past two losses they are 3 for 36 from the three, that a whopping 8%. That will not win you many games. Might be time to get away from the three point shot.

WWH
Riding the Bench

Post by WWH »

rockyraccoon wrote:The Portsmouth Daily Times said Clay missed their first 15 three pointers and ended up 2 - 21 on the night, that's following the New Boston 1 - 15 night. So in the past two losses they are 3 for 36 from the three, that a whopping 8%. That will not win you many games. Might be time to get away from the three point shot.

Another Monday morning observation. However, if what you say is true, then they were 2 for their last 6. Which is 33%. That might win a few games. What's your point ? Trainer is stupid for letting them continue to shoot three's. I doubt Trainer will be asking for your advice anytime soon.

Return to “Boys Basketball”