Gallia Academy

svac83
SE

Re: Gallia Academy

Post by svac83 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:"nice to see the balanced scoring and nice to not see a lot of players playing out of control... and following a game plan."

Good news!
maybe i should proof read before i post.....nice to see balanced scoring, players not playing out of control and following a game plan.

i am sure this following is not exactly right but should be close.
Peck 16 pts
mccelleand 11pts
wiseman 10
loveday 10
cornwell 9
call 9
harrison 3
thomas 2

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Balance. ! Is a good thing !

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

When is Gallia Academy's next game?.......Do they play tonight?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

HoopsHotHead wrote:When is Gallia Academy's next game?.......Do they play tonight?
Friday (12/9) at home vs Point Pleasant (WV)

Then they begin league play on Tuesday (12/13) vs Chesapeake

http://www.arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/5452592

Post by ma77ox »

I was impressed with the play I seen, I think Peck and Loveday playing both together is the key,

Versus Meigs when they were on the court together is what made the difference:

1st Period:
Loveday benched for missing practice and GA 20, Meigs 18

2nd Period:
Both on court...GA 16, Meigs 7

3rd Period:
Peck on Bench with 4 fouls..GA 8, Meigs 15

4th Period:
Both on court..GA 26, Meigs 13

Game:
With just one on court GA 28, Meigs 33 (pretty even)
With Both on court...GA 42, Meigs 20

Huge difference with both in....Peck makes the difference!!!

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote:
HoopsHotHead wrote:When is Gallia Academy's next game?.......Do they play tonight?
Friday (12/9) at home vs Point Pleasant (WV)

Then they begin league play on Tuesday (12/13) vs Chesapeake

http://www.arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/5452592
Gallia academy also plays this saturday at rio grande in newt oliver classic against Bethel-Tate.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

ma77ox wrote:I was impressed with the play I seen, I think Peck and Loveday playing both together is the key,

Versus Meigs when they were on the court together is what made the difference:

1st Period:
Loveday benched for missing practice and GA 20, Meigs 18

2nd Period:
Both on court...GA 16, Meigs 7

3rd Period:
Peck on Bench with 4 fouls..GA 8, Meigs 15

4th Period:
Both on court..GA 26, Meigs 13

Game:
With just one on court GA 28, Meigs 33 (pretty even)
With Both on court...GA 42, Meigs 20

Huge difference with both in....Peck makes the difference!!!
I somewhat agree with that and some what disagree with this. Yes Loveday was on bench !st Quarter. but Gallia Academy also had nine turnovers in !st quarter. second quarter was actually, 22-7 with both on court but i think bigger factor was Blue devils only 3 turnovers and all the meigs fouls. 3rd quarter several fouls against blue devils and 10 turnovers. 4th quarter. was actually 20-13 and most of Blue Devils extra points came on foul shots as Meigs was fouling down the stretch..

Loveday is going to be a superstar, but right now he is a piece to the puzzle. This team right now goes with the way Peck goes. Peck played about 18 minutes scored 16 points... They need to find a way to keep him on court round 25 minutes a game.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Don't get caught up in the Bs loveday work hard ! Everything will fall in place ! Hope about 2 more inches ! Lol Good luck ! A parent of a 1000 point scorer.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Tough loss by blue devils tonight.. 66-64..
Start with positives.. both loveday and Peck stayed out of foul trouble. Balanced scoring continued 3 guys in double digits and 9,8,6 out of the next 3..

Now the bad stuff... 25 plus turnovers again tonight like 12 in 4th quarter and overtime.. and still probably only shot about 60-65% at foul line...

I don't want to get my post deleted or get blocked so I will try to be tactful.. as good as our game plan was last 3 minutes at meigs.. it was that bad last 1:30 of game tonight.. up 2 with that much time and your not even looking to score..... I don't get it.. then up 53 - 50 under 30 seconds to play other team with ball they have no time outs.. you have only committed 5 fouls you have 1 to burn you almost steal ball twice knocking it out of bounce at around 15 seconds why under 10 do you not grab someone and make them take it out of Bounce at worst you give up a couple free throws but you let the guy that has like 8 3's wide open.... just don't understand..

One more comment great attendance tonight and glad blue devils had pep band think they should be there every night.. but blue devil fans need to learn how to make some noise blue devil fans out number point 2 or 3 to 1 and place sounded like a point home game... your team could of used you tonight

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

^^^^^^^^
Good Post!

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

TO 's will break any teams back ! But there no excuse for a team that can't shoot foul shots ! Jmo

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Big win today ! A young and growing team !
Last edited by bighead on Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Solid win by team today. Still a little ugly but a lot of positives today. I must say i hate this 2-3 zone we are playing.. And i am not exactly sure why. Today even with both bigs on court they pressed first 6 minutes of game. Even when thy do variations of it it is ok. But they get back in that zone and it begins to slow the pace of the game and then the offense slows down a little. And now you are playing at your opponents pace...

If there going to play it they really need to extend it maybe even play a little match up zone.. Or maybe even some 1-3-1 to keep them more active. Also they need to learn how to attack zone better. then they did Friday night against point pleasant. nest opportunity is Tuesday night against Chesapeake. will be another chance to show improvement. Biggest improvement today was loveday looking comfortable and looking like he belongs on varsity floor. not tentative at all today.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

gallia academy 53- Chesapeake 31 final

Few thoughts on the night in season... First Gallia Academy fans we have a very good young team attendance tonight was pathetic. Totally dominant win by blue devils tonight. Still way to many turnovers i have no idea how many but tonight should of been a 40 point win.
this is the first time in a while the blue devils did not play down to the level of there competition.

Still a long season and a lot to prove. But after 4 games i am beginning to see the Point pleasant loss a little different. I just have to tip my ht to point. you hit 13 or 14 Three's in a high school game shooting well over 50% from behind the line you are going to win a lot of games.

i still have this team only finishing 13-9 it will be after the first of yer when they hit meat of schedule and we know how good they may be.

Final thought for tonight is what a beast Peck is the only reason why he is not averaging 20 a game yet is the rotation. my guess is he is almost averaging a point for a minute of playing time. not quite but close. won't do that against the best competition but when people start helping on him Loveday will be ready to clean up. He is getting a little better every time out.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Glad to see Gallia doing well. That big kid looks like he has potential to be very tough

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ok maybe there was some excuse for crowd.. I forgot wrestling team was at river valley last night and there was also the Christmas concert and people told me auditorium was full....

One other thing.... this team looks like it is really beginning to enjoy playing defense

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

The winter sports preview is out ! Gallipolis Daily Tribune puts this out all local area schools plus Mason co.Wv! Jmo if Harrison plays to win ?A good transfer would be crazy not to come on board next season ! WOW ! Could make a big run for Columbus ? JMO

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

A good transfer may want to come, but I really would not want to interrupt the chemistry this team will have by then.. you are going to have 7 of your top 8 varsity players back.. The carter kid is going to eat up major playing time next year if not later this year.. this team also have some other JV. Talent that will be pushing for playing time... Loveday will have a bright future but don't sell this team short this year..this team can go a long way this year with Peck leading it..

I also want to give a shout out to the class act miles Cornwall has been this year.. A kid who has seen major playing time as a sophomore and junior has had to sit a lot in the early part of the season.. he could of been a real drag on this team.. but instead he has been the biggest support on bench when not on court.. he is the true definition of a leader and showing class like few have the last few years for blue devils

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

I always played to win ! Help is what they need "Chemistry " lol wow they have 10 players !I see your resume ? Keep the right ones happy !Go up North look ! They all play to win.Price & Noe had chemistry ! The team Tony Moore played on had some until players got hurt ! You welcome players ! Ed Thompson hope that's the right name transfer to Waverly back in the day ! Woody Hayes hit gym because he played football also ! Waverly was a power ! You welcome good help ! Sorry that's me.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Sorry " OZ " did not have many answers for that group !

Return to “Boys Basketball”