Top Players around

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Top Players around

Post by allOhiotraveler »

Basketball season is rolling back around :D So we can finally talk about what is coming back? What returning all Ohioans do we have this year? I know Ohio has definitely had a lot of top recruits leave this past year, maybe allowing a new batch of players to allow themselves to make a name for yourself. Lets start hyping up some kids!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Top Players around

Post by Ironman92 »

Griffin Lutz of Athens

Bartoe of VC
Allison of Portsmouth

Big kid from Paint Valley

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Ironman92 wrote:Griffin Lutz of Athens

Bartoe of VC
Allison of Portsmouth

Big kid from Paint Valley
Allison graduated, plays for Marshall now. Van Horn from Fairland is up there too

ROLL PEAKE
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Tanner Holden of Burg and also only lost one starter last year the Davis kid graduated so look for The Burg to have a good year

Burg grad 85
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Holden kid for Burg is very good. Many people have him as one of the top 2019 players in the state.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Maughmer of Chillicothe will be in the running for POY.
Lutz has to the best player in southern Ohio IMO.
Look for Swindel of Paint Valley to have a breakout year and really hit the national stage of recruiting.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Swackhammer from Unioto is also a top notch PG. He settled down a lot and is really understanding the game. He will dominate the SVC

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

What is the word on the Fox kid from south point? Just a freshman last year and heard he had some hype along with him. Also heard well about Zimmerman from South Webster.

PS: For as big as the kid is in recruiting and size, I figured you'd know the name of Dylan Swingle here. :D

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Justin Anderson Fort Frye he's almost to 1000 points.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Colin Woodside Fairfield Union Averaged 15 and 10 on their district final team last year as a Sophomore.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Zimmerman at South Webster already has 1100 points.

Shiloah Blevins, 6'4" sophomore of South Webster. Behind Tanner Holden (who is ranked as one of the best sophomores in the state), he's the next best sophomore in the SOC. Very long, athletic, and talented young man.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Kendal Reynolds of Portsmouth is going to join the prestigious 1,000 point club of the Portsmouth Trojans. He currently has 917 points and barring injury, should easily pass that mark early in the campaign. Kendal should be a lock for 1st team D3 all district and could possibly make one of the all state teams.

Another Trojan to keep an eye on is 5-8 junior PG DJ Eley. Very quick, excellent ballhandling skills, and can score from the perimeter or driving to the basket. He will be a difficult matchup for any opponent.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Griffin Lutz 6'1 Senior Athens
Isaiah Butcher 6'3 freshman Athens

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I really like Griffin Lutz from AHS.....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I covered Ibi, who is now at Michigan. Joe Burrow, who is now a qb at Ohio State. And I can honestly say I enjoy watching Lutz play more than both of those great athletes. The kid is just fun to watch. A lightning quick 6'1 guard who can dunk.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw where Parker Stewart committed to Ole Miss. 6'5 point guard with deep range. Ibi and Parker have massive potential

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

Any Waterford players make this list?

michigan
Waterboy

Post by michigan »

Griffin is very very good. Keep an eye on Cozart, Nick Lutz and the younger Saltzman kid. All can help lead Athens to a huge season. They are AAU experienced. New coach leads a fast past offense and defense never seen here before. Hines and Dickelman undersized for city leagues but will be forces to be reckoned with in the TVC. let's live in the present. The other players are on to greener pastures

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Lovebball42 wrote:Any Waterford players make this list?
The thing that makes Waterford so good is they have 6 or 7 kids who are really, really good basketball players.

Will they get a TVC-Hocking P.O.Y.? I don't know, but I doubt they lose a single game in league play.

If I had to choose a possible POY candidate from Waterford - I'd probably say Jordan Welch

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

The game I watched when they played vs federal hocking Bryce hilverding hit like 7 or 8 3's and had 25 points

Return to “Boys Basketball”