Newspaper Hoops Previews ????

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Newspaper Hoops Previews ????

Post by pfloyd »

Every year some of the local newspapers do a Hoops Preview for local teams/leagues … the Portsmouth Times, Highland County Press etc. does anyone in the Portsmouth area know when the Preview Issue will come out this year - it is usually around Thanksgiving I believe ???

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Newspaper Hoops Previews ????

Post by pfloyd »

… Ironton posters , does the Ironton Tribune do a Hoops Preview Issue ? with the increased size of the OVC with Portsmouth , Ironton and Gallia making their first "all in" appearances in the OVC this winter , will there be an OVC Team Preview Issue from the IT ???

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Pink Floyd, the Portsmouth Times did not do a football preview this year so I am not expecting one for hoops either.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Chillicothe Gazette.com will run each schools' boys and girls on specific days in the coming weeks. Here's the schedule, which is subject to change.

Wednesday, 11/18: PIKETON
Thursday, 11/19: UNIOTO AND ZANE TRACE
Friday, 11/20: HUNTINGTON
Saturday, 11/21: ADENA
Sunday, 11/22: CHILLICOTHE
Monday, 11/23: WESTFALL
Tuesday, 11/24: WAVERLY
Wednesday, 11/25: SOUTHEASTERN
Thursday, 11/26: FALL SPORTS AWARDS - no previews
Friday, 11/27: PAINT VALLEY

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… thanks miggyt for the lineup - I will make sure I read these …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

alabama mike wrote:Pink Floyd, the Portsmouth Times did not do a football preview this year so I am not expecting one for hoops either.

uggghhhhhhhh !!!! I hate to hear that alabama mike !!! … I liked having the schedules for all of those teams in the Portsmouth area … as well as the rosters … too much work for them to put together? not enough cooperation by the schools/coaches etc. … I'm going to miss having that info at my finger tips to read before going to see the teams in Scioto county …

hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

The Ironton Tribune's HS Hoops Preview will be out on Nov 30 and should include both Portsmouth and Gallia Academy.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thanks hammer911335

stephenhcp
Waterboy

Post by stephenhcp »

The Highland County Press Basketball Preview should be posted online by Wednesday of next week, and no later than before the first games. The girls previews were posted online today. http://highlandcountypress.com/main.asp?SectionID=3

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

stephenhcp wrote:The Highland County Press Basketball Preview should be posted online by Wednesday of next week, and no later than before the first games. The girls previews were posted online today. http://highlandcountypress.com/main.asp?SectionID=3
stephenhcp - thanks for the information AND the great job you do at the Highland County Press to keep everyone informed about the teams in your area west of Rte 23 …

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Circleville Herald will be out on Thanksgiving Day...the written word of the Northwest Territories.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

FYI the Ironton Tribune hoops preview is inserted in tonight's paper. Good reads on the local squads.

89pirate74
Waterboy

Post by 89pirate74 »

alabama mike wrote:Pink Floyd, the Portsmouth Times did not do a football preview this year so I am not expecting one for hoops either.
they did do a football preview, still on there home page, top right hand of page.
but i dont know if they will do one for hoops!!!

http://www.pbiprinting.com/flash/view_f ... te_id=9065

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

The Ironton Tribune did a preview for the Lawrence County Schools but for some reason did not include Portsmouth or Gallipolis..........

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

BubbleGum Tiger wrote:The Ironton Tribune did a preview for the Lawrence County Schools but for some reason did not include Portsmouth or Gallipolis..........
The Tribune did a preview of Portsmouth but it was in the regular paper

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Stugotz2
Waterboy

Post by Stugotz2 »

I can't believe the Portsmouth Daily Times did not do a preview for the basketball season. These boys and girls work so hard to make the team and represent their school during the season, and represent our county during the post-season tournament. These kids (starter or the 12th man) deserve to be recognized by their local news outlet. Sad, sad, sad. Is there anything anyone can do?

Return to “Boys Basketball”