Beasts of the Southeast 2017

bbn77
All Conference

Beasts of the Southeast 2017

Post by bbn77 »

Anybody know when Chesapeake's invitational is this season? Always great coaches and programs come to this event. Along with Coach Davis's Panthers.. regular participants are Portsmouth and Coach Collins, Eastern Brown and Beuchler, Howie Caldwell and Trimble, Speed and the anticipated top seed in the region Fairland Dragons and many more. Always a great event with great hospitality.

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Re: Beasts of the Southeast 2017

Post by bbn77 »

Looks like Chesapeake will host Athens in the nightcap.

ROLL PEAKE
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth won't be in the Beasts this year because the Trojans will be playing in the Shawnee State Classic vs. Waterford, Manchester in the Dave Young Classic at North Adams, 3 games in Florida, Portsmouth West the week before going to Florida, with Wheelersburg and South Webster rounding out the non-conference schedule. PHS will play 14 OVC games.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Dave the Trojans played in Florida last year as well eight? How's the competition they play?

ROLL PEAKE
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

bbn77 wrote:Dave the Trojans played in Florida last year as well eight? How's the competition they play?
I think it's been a few years since the Trojans have been in Florida but I could be wrong. Fairly good competition I believe, a few years back they played against Tacko Fall 7'6 big man now at Central Florida.

Who Dey!
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

bbn77: The Trojans didn't play in Florida last year......their last appearance was in 2014. Overall, Portsmouth has made 2 trips to Florida and have come away with a very good 5-1 record. Beat a huge school from Staten Island, NY, and a school from New Jersey. They also defeated Owen County, Ky, and Pace, Florida. The game PTrojan59 is referring to is a Christian school in Florida, in which their roster had about 5-6 players 6-7 or taller. The Trojans were much shorter, yet won the game rather easily.

Portsmouth may not know who they play this year until they get down there. The event organizers try to put schools together in terms of enrollment, but the first time the Trojans went it didn't go that way.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

trojandave wrote:Portsmouth won't be in the Beasts this year because the Trojans will be playing in the Shawnee State Classic vs. Waterford, Manchester in the Dave Young Classic at North Adams, 3 games in Florida, Portsmouth West the week before going to Florida, with Wheelersburg and South Webster rounding out the non-conference schedule. PHS will play 14 OVC games.
Dave can you please post a schedule ASAP? Thanks in advance!

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

oldtrojan: I will post the Trojans schedule as soon as I get it.......hopefully you can make it in for some games this year........the man row needs you up there......biggdowgg and co. :D

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Thanks Dave! Always a pleasure to be among the man row high above the floor in the rafters!!!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

been a while since Ive been in for a game, maybe we should attck P town together

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

What is the full schedule of games for this?

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

Answered my own question:
12:00 PM COAL GROVE vs. HUNTINGTON ST. JOE

2:00 PM LUCASVILLE VALLEY vs. ALEXANDER

4:00 TRIMBLE vs. EASTERN BROWN

6:00 CHESAPEAKE vs. MINFORD

8:00 PM ATHENS vs. FAIRLAND

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Just to confirm, the date is 1/14/2017 (Sat)?

Post by bbn77 »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote:Just to confirm, the date is 1/14/2017 (Sat)?
Yes

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Athens-Fairland will be a battle, well deserving of the nightcap. Should be a packed house most of the day.

ROLL PEAKE
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Beasts of the Southeast is one of IF NOT the best run tourney in Southeast Ohio ... I say it every year because it's true - the folks running the show make EVERY single person who attends during the day feel welcome and right at home ... Coach Davis & Co. put on a great show on the court all day long ... it looks like the final game of the evening will be a dandy with Athens vs Fairland - outstanding !!!

... pfloyd & Mrs. pfloyd will be in the Cheap Seats once again ... it will be the weekend before my one year CT Scans at The James in Columbus so I will definitely be in attendance for the Saturday Menu of Games ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Beasts of the Southeast is one of IF NOT the best run tourney in Southeast Ohio ... I say it every year because it's true - the folks running the show make EVERY single person who attends during the day feel welcome and right at home ... Coach Davis & Co. put on a great show on the court all day long ... it looks like the final game of the evening will be a dandy with Athens vs Fairland - outstanding !!!

... pfloyd & Mrs. pfloyd will be in the Cheap Seats once again ... it will be the weekend before my one year CT Scans at The James in Columbus so I will definitely be in attendance for the Saturday Menu of Games ...

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

I would like to see Lutz have a huge game against Fairland coming out of the gate. Haven't seen him play, but have heard great things. Great players come out and do the darn thing against great teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”