Wheelersburg 2016-17 Season

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Wheelersburg 2016-17 Season

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Let's get some thoughts

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
juanmorales
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg 2016-17 Season

Post by juanmorales »

Who cares. It's football season!! Once football is over with, then we start baseball

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I think Wheelersburg is going to have a good basketball season. Tanner Holden, Caden Coleman, Tanner Bivens, the Dyer kids up from the JV, and the addition of Cole Lowery should give Coach Ater a solid nucleus to build around. I think Holden is going to have a really good year, and how he plays will be critical to the Pirates' success.

One thing that I think will hurt the Burg from a defensive standpoint is the loss of Austin Lotspeitch. He was a rim protector with his 6-6 frame, and he also had some nice offensive skills. Not having him will make defending the post more difficult for WHS. Still, I look for Wheelersburg to win the SOC and make a good run in the tournament.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

trojandave wrote:I think Wheelersburg is going to have a good basketball season. Tanner Holden, Caden Coleman, Tanner Bivens, the Dyer kids up from the JV, and the addition of Cole Lowery should give Coach Ater a solid nucleus to build around. I think Holden is going to have a really good year, and how he plays will be critical to the Pirates' success.

One thing that I think will hurt the Burg from a defensive standpoint is the loss of Austin Lotspeitch. He was a rim protector with his 6-6 frame, and he also had some nice offensive skills. Not having him will make defending the post more difficult for WHS. Still, I look for Wheelersburg to win the SOC and make a good run in the tournament.
i look for the burg to make a pretty good tourney run this season

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
trojandave wrote:I think Wheelersburg is going to have a good basketball season. Tanner Holden, Caden Coleman, Tanner Bivens, the Dyer kids up from the JV, and the addition of Cole Lowery should give Coach Ater a solid nucleus to build around. I think Holden is going to have a really good year, and how he plays will be critical to the Pirates' success.

i look for the burg to make a pretty good tourney run this season
I would have agreed with you if the big guy hadn't transferred. Holden plays out front and no real size outside of him. the burg has no one inside that will be able to handle the big kid from ironton. If any team makes much of a run from this area it will be fairland.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Does Holden not play in the pivot much ? I haven't seen him play since junior high. I do seem to recall him having skills necessary for perimeter play...just thought he might play a bit more in the paint if needed.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Holden played PG (along with Kyle Davis) for the Pirates last year, and he has to play that this year for the Burg to be successful. He has the ability to drive to the basket and score, but playing in the post would not fully utilize his package of skills.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Has any burgites or anyone else seen burgs schedule

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

This is all of the schedule that is on Arbiter so far.

Tue Dec 6 West Union H
Tue Dec 13 Ironton A
Fri Dec 16 South Webster H
Tue Dec 20 Minford H
Tue Jan 3 Jackson A
Tue Jan 10 Northwest H
Fri Jan 13 Waverly High School H
Fri Jan 20 Valley H
Sat Jan 21 South Point H
Fri Jan 27 Minford A
Tue Jan 31 Oak Hill H
Tue Feb 7 Adena H
Tue Feb 14 Wellston A

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

4thgoal wrote:This is all of the schedule that is on Arbiter so far.

Tue Dec 6 West Union H
Tue Dec 13 Ironton A
Fri Dec 16 South Webster H
Tue Dec 20 Minford H
Tue Jan 3 Jackson A
Tue Jan 10 Northwest H
Fri Jan 13 Waverly High School H
Fri Jan 20 Valley H
Sat Jan 21 South Point H
Fri Jan 27 Minford A
Tue Jan 31 Oak Hill H
Tue Feb 7 Adena H
Tue Feb 14 Wellston A
should be a good season. i look for the burg to take the soc and make a good playoff run

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Wheelersburg 2016-17 schedule. got it from the burg basketball twitter account

Dec 6: West Union (Home)
Dec 9: Valley
Dec 13: Ironton
Dec 16: South Webster (Home)
Dec 20: Minford (Home)
Jan 3: Jackson
Jan 6: Oak Hill
Jan 10: Northwest (Home)
Jan 13: Waverly (Home)
Jan 17: Ports West
Jan 20: Valley (Home)
Jan 21: South Point (Home)
Jan 24: South Webster
Jan 27: Minford
Jan 31: Oak Hill (Home)
Feb 3: Northwest
Feb 4: Portsmouth
Feb 7: Adena (Home)
Feb 10: Waverly
Feb 14: Wellston
Feb 17: Ports West (Home)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Boys Basketball”