Wheelersbburg big man ?

Noitall
JV Team

Wheelersbburg big man ?

Post by Noitall »

Seen the big 6" 6 senior with Portsmouth East against valley and the kids says he will be going to East , WOW. That team will run the table in season and go very deep in post season!!!!!

callie15
Varsity

Re: Wheelersbburg big man ?

Post by callie15 »

Please read your post and tell me what you are trying to say, please.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

callie15 wrote:Please read your post and tell me what you are trying to say, please.
I'm guessing he's saying Lotspeich from Wheelersburg will play for East next year. If that is true, east should be the team to beat in our district for D4

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Raider6309 wrote:
callie15 wrote:Please read your post and tell me what you are trying to say, please.
I'm guessing he's saying Lotspeich from Wheelersburg will play for East next year. If that is true, east should be the team to beat in our district for D4
he is with east and they are gonna be tough. heard over summer he was leaving burg didn't know if it was for sure but it is. Akia,Scott,Lotspeich that's a pretty good big 3.

GO EAGLES
SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

So Akia isn't going to Portsmouth after all?

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

SWJeeps22 wrote:So Akia isn't going to Portsmouth after all?
Hear something different all the time last I heard he wanted to leave but can't for some reason.

GO EAGLES
minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

If Akia did go now, he would have to sit out half the season. He has played some summer shootouts for East.

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Don't know about Akia being a big man, but he is a definite player for sure...That team is loaded for sure for this year. They sit 5 that could start and would not miss a beat. If the kid from Burg does go you are looking at a very big and talented team.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Blue33 wrote:Don't know about Akia being a big man, but he is a definite player for sure...That team is loaded for sure for this year. They sit 5 that could start and would not miss a beat. If the kid from Burg does go you are looking at a very big and talented team.
Wasn't really saying he was a post player just all 3 are big time players.

GO EAGLES
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Blue33 wrote:Don't know about Akia being a big man, but he is a definite player for sure...That team is loaded for sure for this year. They sit 5 that could start and would not miss a beat. If the kid from Burg does go you are looking at a very big and talented team.
You are saying playing players 6-10 on the bench is the same as playing Brown, Scott, Lowe, and others? That is a crazy statement. Akia is going to probably challenge 2000 career points.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Hurts Wheelersburg a bit, he's 6'7" and can jump out of the gym. They'll still be real solid with Coleman and Holden, but this is a blow for sure.

East is loaded but don't sleep on other teams in the SOC 1. Clay is as good as anyone, Western is loaded, Eastern Pike is well coached and even Notre Dame returns all but 1 kid (they beat East twice last year).

Then once they get to Sectional play there still South Webster and Peebles. D4 in this area is going to be LOADED!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Also, from what I've been told, this is only the beginning of Burg kids transferring or simply not playing next year. That's a shame if so as there's tons of athletes roaming those halls that would clearly help the basketball team.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

I smell trouble with this transfer.

1. Will east coach put up with the nonsense? This kid quit/ got kicked off the team at least 3 times at burg and was let back .

2. As stated above ,East already returns everyone from last year so someone gona take a hit on PT ,WHO?

3. Even the East starters from last year will take a hit on touches and shots , how's that going to go over?

How ever this can very much be the team to beat even with everyone else returning a lot I still don't see East having a problem with them.

BURGerBoy
Waterboy

Post by BURGerBoy »

Boys basketball turnout at an all time high open gyms happening multiple days a week for my neighbor. Team playing real well over the summer according to multiple players and multiple coaches.

Bbjunky get some bad info. Your if so statement is not an if.. It's wrong. Four football kids in gym this summer playing bball from those hall roamers you speak of that are seniors to be that have never played to my knowledge. Turnout as high as its been in a long time. The to be 8th grade class is a huge class of basketball kids too.

Lotspeich kid has nothing to do with bball or coaches. He was his own worst enemy last year He's a bonus not a need if he shows up next year at burg. And don't get me wrong, kid is a great individual talent.

To focus on a positive, the open gym I watched Mack dyer was a beast. Would love to see kids like that continue to step up and help out Holden and Coleman. The length of this team could be very scary good!

After they overcome football legs, I expect a great year! Go burg! In all sports! At the end of the day, it should always be about the kids. Not parents and coaches.

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Crab's Brother wrote:
You are saying playing players 6-10 on the bench is the same as playing Brown, Scott, Lowe, and others? That is a crazy statement. Akia is going to probably challenge 2000 career points.
Yes that is what I am saying.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

bbjunky81 wrote:Hurts Wheelersburg a bit, he's 6'7" and can jump out of the gym. They'll still be real solid with Coleman and Holden, but this is a blow for sure.

East is loaded but don't sleep on other teams in the SOC 1. Clay is as good as anyone, Western is loaded, Eastern Pike is well coached and even Notre Dame returns all but 1 kid (they beat East twice last year).

Then once they get to Sectional play there still South Webster and Peebles. D4 in this area is going to be LOADED!

Definitely agree with the point you are making. The D-IV southeast (especially Northwest sectional) and the SOC I are as deep and competitive as they have been in a very long time. However, one statement is wrong. Notre Dame did not beat East twice last year. Both games were blowouts, in favor of East. The Tartans lost only 1 league game last season, at Clay.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

As long as Holden still at Burg, they still SOC II favorites and a lock for Districts. Kid transferring out always seemed like a wild card for them....if he was there and locked in, great; if not, the show goes on.

As far as SOC I and D4, East now has to be the favorite in a strong SOC I and also now a Regional/State-caliber team (although still behind whatever Harvest Prep, Africentric and/or Wellington roll out this year). D4 as a whole should be pretty deep this year in se Ohio*

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Blue33 wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:
Seen East at valley last week. Absurd statement

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Crab's Brother wrote:
Blue33 wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:
Seen East at valley last week. Absurd statement
Well it is a free country and you are entitled to your opinion but considering I watch all their games I do believe I would know the players better than you. Bruton, Douthat, Hatcher, Scott, Stevens, and the list goes on play just as much as the starting 5 and they don't miss a beat. The only one of the "starting five" that gets a lot more playing time is Akia and that is understandable.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Hurts Wheelersburg a bit, he's 6'7" and can jump out of the gym. They'll still be real solid with Coleman and Holden, but this is a blow for sure.

Definitely agree with the point you are making. The D-IV southeast (especially Northwest sectional) and the SOC I are as deep and competitive as they have been in a very long time. However, one statement is wrong. Notre Dame did not beat East twice last year. Both games were blowouts, in favor of East. The Tartans lost only 1 league game last season, at Clay.

My apologies, I meant ND beat Clay twice last year **.. Had them mixed up!

Return to “Boys Basketball”