Logan coach steps down

Logangrad
All State

Logan coach steps down

Post by Logangrad »

Since its now public Ill post it. Kellough has resigned.

Live Like A Champion!
LHS 72
S

Re: Logan coach steps down

Post by LHS 72 »

Almost predicted this I am not surprised!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan coach resigns

Post by pfloyd »

... ok! I typed up a long post ... read it, re-read it ... then deleted it ... I'll just say - I wish Coach Kellough the best as he moves on ...

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

from what I saw Logan was really turning around. I hate to see Kellough leaving so soon. Wish him the best.

Logangrad
All State

Re: Logan coach resigns

Post by Logangrad »

pfloyd wrote:... ok! I typed up a long post ... read it, re-read it ... then deleted it ... I'll just say - I wish Coach Kellough the best as he moves on ...

send it to me. I would love to read it. I am certain we share the same thoughts

Live Like A Champion!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Live Like A Champion!
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Maybe they should look into that assistant from Fairfield Union. I figure he would be extremely loyal to Logan and would have the program going in the right direction.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Good luck to Chiefs finding a replacement quickly.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote:Maybe they should look into that assistant from Fairfield Union. I figure he would be extremely loyal to Logan and would have the program going in the right direction.
... :lol: perfect ... didn't he help lead FU to a district final game this year ?!! over 20 wins on their season too ...

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I didn't think he would stick around long,but really didn't think it would be this quick :o :shock: I knew all that driving back and forth would wear him out.Probably should have never accepted the job if he didn't want to miss any of his grandkids games.Sounds like the girls might be looking for a new coach too :(

duck42
Waterboy

Post by duck42 »

He had no real connection to Logan and was IMO an ego trip for him anyway. Just another screw-up that will have a negative impact on the bb program. Let us move on. Good luck Chiefs.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Any chance koondogger would go back to logan

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
tossithigh
Freshman Team

Post by tossithigh »

spartans_fan wrote:from what I saw Logan was really turning around. I hate to see Kellough leaving so soon. Wish him the best.
Turning around from what :?: :?: They improved each of the prior 3 years before 2014-2015 and had a good year in 2014-2015 before Coach K was hired :mrgreen: .

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

There are many young bright 1st or 2nd year coaches look for the next opportunity at a larger school. Would like to see an outsider with no involvement in this area!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

There is a lot I can say about this. But, out of love and reverence for my Logan friends, I will curb my language.

Well, maybe not. They should have never gotten rid of Keith Myers. I have known Coach Myers for a long time and he was as loyal as loyal as it gets. Heck, he is still loyal. But someone, a parent, the board, or someone showed him the door.

Only to bring on Coach Helber, who did another great job. And another Logan guy who was loyal to the school and the program only to be shown the door by the school board. What did he do? I think someone mentioned it. Fairfield Union, 20 wins, district runner-up. If I were him, there is no way I would come back.

It is funny, when you think about, when you talk about the top coaches in the area:

Stiverson
Maddox
Combs
Caldwell

two of them are from Logan and they want nothing to do with this job. What does that tell you? Right now, absolutely the worse job in the Southeast District!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

They're in the Central District...... :mrgreen:

Live Like A Champion!
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Yes. They are. However, they are below Interstate 70 and east of United State Route 23, they are in Southeastern Ohio. They are only in the Central District because THEY ARE DIVISION ONE! Therefore, it is the worse job in TWO districts, the Southeast and the Central!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

If Logan was a DII school, this job would be highly coveted and thus, would probably be the best job in the Southeast District! However, given its size, current administration, and current culture, it is not.

Truth.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think we have some new members on the board after last years election. If that is so maybe the new ones could help change things.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Have to agree with what one poster said, he knew his grandson was in the 6th grade and would be a 7th grader this year.

Why take the job in the first place ? And he made the remark he left the program in better shape?
In only one year I'm not sure how much he could have changed?

Return to “Boys Basketball”